Quantcast

Page 57 of 642 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157557 ... LastLast

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbp View Post
    Who is crafting the sound effects of Project Y ? Is this a team work ?
    SFX was done in France, supervised by Fonzie.

These logos have links on them! Click! Click!

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    The site will be updated soon, you can pre-order the game then. Not the investor's edition, but another one which will be produced at the same time.
    W00t! Thanks, Zebbe!

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    SFX was done in France, supervised by Fonzie.
    I hear a rumor that a full 16 MEG is devoted to SFX and music. Here's hoping for some crunchy, thrashy head-busting SFX on par with or exceeding Bare Knuckle 2 and FFCD

Beat Em Ups Master of Shinobi cowboyscowboys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OverDrone View Post
    I hear a rumor that a full 16 MEG is devoted to SFX and music. Here's hoping for some crunchy, thrashy head-busting SFX on par with or exceeding Bare Knuckle 2 and FFCD
    I am gonna go out on a limb and say they will far out do what those games did sfx wise.

Steal the pipe hit sound effect from SOR 2... I won't tell
    Women Asian Please
    Beat Em Up- Streets of Rage 2
    Platformer- Sonic 3 and Knuckles
    Run and Gun- Gunstar Heroes
    Adventure- Story of Thor
    Action- Shinobi 3

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys View Post
    I am gonna go out on a limb and say they will far out do what those games did sfx wise.

Steal the pipe hit sound effect from SOR 2... I won't tell
    One of the best 16-bit samples ever, IMO. Then you hear the SOR3 version and it's like what happened?

And as far as outdoing those games in terms of sound FX, man here's hoping! I guess I was just expecting a little more from Pier Solar in terms of sampled FX, I know it was an RPG and all, but yeah.

We all know you can't get by on FM effects alone, not in a beat 'em up. Unless you're only a 4 MEG cart, that is.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by OverDrone View Post
    And as far as outdoing those games in terms of sound FX, man here's hoping! I guess I was just expecting a little more from Pier Solar in terms of sampled FX, I know it was an RPG and all, but yeah.
    Pier Solar was a completely different story, right from the birth of the project.
    I'm pretty sure that they will be kicking some serious asses this time in all technical areas, much more than on Pier Solar.

I wasn't around for it's inception, but as far as I've read on here for the last couple of years, Pier Solar was somewhat held back in certain technical areas as a result of its legacy development on Mega CD?

So yeah, it will be interesting seeing WM go full tilt on Project Y with the stock console as the focus this time.

The real unknown quantity at this point is still the gameplay system, game structure and so on, the real litmus test

Master of Shinobi streetsofrage's Avatar

late to the party , can I still invest in this if I buy gems?
    My Consoles: Nes(toaster), Nes (toploader), Snes, Sega Genesis 2x Model 1 (HD and Va7) , Genesis Model 2 ,Sega Cd model 2 (bois ver 2.00) ,Sega Saturn N64, PS1 , Xbox 1(modded running XMBC) , 2x Xbox360(2 jaspers)

My Handhelds: Sega Game Gear , Nintendo Ds, Sega Nomad

Wildside Expert Groovemaster303's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Pier Solar was a completely different story, right from the birth of the project.
    I'm pretty sure that they will be kicking some serious asses this time in all technical areas, much more than on Pier Solar.
    This is indeed true, while I cannot comment on other aspects of the game. On the OST side of things. When I was brought in to write the soundtrack, my first course of action was to bring in Trevin (Jredd) before I had even composed a single track. I have a way of bringing the best out of him and vice versa.

We both get a kick out of the restrictions of chip music. In our minds we both feel that the Megadrive is very powerful compared to many other consoles from the same era. We know the ins and outs of how the YM2612 works and we know how to exploit it to the max.

Is the soundtrack of Project Y achieved ? Will there be a soundtest in the game options ?

Quote Originally Posted by streetsofrage View Post
    late to the party , can I still invest in this if I buy gems?
    Unfortunately it is too late for you. You have to wait the pre-order for the standard version,
    or to get in touch with an investor in order to make him buy you a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by tbp View Post
    Is the soundtrack of Project Y achieved ? Will there be a soundtest in the game options ?
    The soundtrack is mostly complete although right up until release I'll keep listening and checking for ways I can improve tracks as well as writing new ones.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Groovemaster303 View Post
    The soundtrack is mostly complete although right up until release I'll keep listening and checking for ways I can improve tracks as well as writing new ones.
    Haha I can ask a question now Is the music engine from for pier solar (tiido's engine) being used?

Mastering your Systems Shining Hero TmEE's Avatar

Nope, but I am still involved :P
    Death To MP3, :3
    Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa "Gnirts test is a shit" New and growing website of total jawusumness !
    If any of my images in my posts no longer work you can find them in "FileDen Dump" on my site ^

Quote Originally Posted by Gogogadget View Post
    Doesn't pretty much every music producer ever that's not in the rock scene use an alias?
    You mean people like Timbalaaake or whatever who produces Justin Beiber's music? I have no idea. I don't listen to a lot of non-videogame music and when I do I pay more attention to the band (musicians and whatnot) instead of the producer. When it comes to music, I personally don't like the term "producer". It seems so detached from the process. Musician is plenty fine and those are the people I'm concerned with. Those are the people with talent. Granted these days that may not be the case. The only one I know of who use aliases in the videogame industry is/was Bo, but this is just trying to remember off the top of my head. Once Yuzo Koshiro's name appeared on the title screen of Super Shinobi, that all seemed to change. I was gonna say that using an alias seems more of a western thing to do these days but I'm noticing that most modern game soundtracks are made by people using their names.

Oh, and to echo tbp's question, I'd also be interested in a sound test in the options screen. All of the best games have them!
    Last edited by Joe Redifer; 02-13-2014 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    Haha I can ask a question now Is the music engine from for pier solar (tiido's engine) being used?
    I have worked closely with TmEE during the last year and everything I have needed he has gone out of his way to implement.
    Simply put without him I really do believe the soundtrack to Project Y would be inferior.

Without TmEE, we would not have the tools to perform so well. FM sound design is one of my strengths but you still need quality tools to do an effective job. From what I have experienced with the Pier Solar audio tools compared to Project Y's. The difference is like night and day.

So yeah It's a real team effort through and through. We all bounce off each other gaining inspiration, making us all work harder to achieve our goal of making this game as good as it can be. From my end I want music that not only fits the game but gives other members of the team a lift too and so far I truly believe that is the case.

Thread Information