Quantcast

Page 591 of 656 FirstFirst ... 91491541581587588589590591592593594595601641 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,865 of 9827

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by evilevoix View Post
    Hows does Pier Solar work with cart and CD at the same time? That would be really cool to do with a 32X and CD.
    The Sega CD is still visible and can be easily booted up from a cartridge program.

For further context: the Sega CD slot acts like a second "cartridge slot" (oversimplification as it's not identical, but a lot of the signals are equivalent). The two are always visible at the same time, the only thing that changes is that when a bootable cartridge isn't plugged, they swap places in memory (so the 68000 boots from the Sega CD firmware). This means that when a game runs from cartridge, it can see the Sega CD firmware and everything else on the other half and use it as usual (albeit it'll need to wake up the CD side manually, as the firmware didn't run).

Quote Originally Posted by evilevoix View Post
    Hows does Pier Solar work with cart and CD at the same time? That would be really cool to do with a 32X and CD.
    Pier Solar actually uses the 32X as well, for an Easter egg. If you speak to a certain NPC, he will notice "you have a mushroom" and give you an exclusive item because he appreciates that.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Pier Solar actually uses the 32X as well, for an Easter egg. If you speak to a certain NPC, he will notice "you have a mushroom" and give you an exclusive item because he appreciates that.
    I think he gives you an exclusive item because he feels sorry for you owning a 32x lol

Quote Originally Posted by DrLight99 View Post
    I think he gives you an exclusive item because he feels sorry for you owning a 32x lol
    That's bollocks, man! I actually wrote the line and know very well he admires you for owning it with such classics as Space Harrier, Virtua Fighter, Darxide, Virtua Racing Deluxe, Kolibri, Afterburner Complete and Metal Head!

Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar

Not to mention Mortal Kombat II which I consider it to be the best console version of the game.

These logos have links on them! Click! Click!

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    Not to mention Mortal Kombat II which I consider it to be the best console version of the game.
    They couldn't even fit in the ending pics.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    I wish a game would use the 32X for a bonus level, maybe have something like the special stages in Knuckles Chaotix. That way the game is still playable without the shroom but you get a bonus if you have it. From what I understand of the hardware however this is not easy to do unless you have essentially two ROMs on one cart (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    They couldn't even fit in the ending pics.
    No offense but to me MKII is the game itself not the endings, the gameplay is very good on the 32X.

TulioAdriano: Yeah! And the music rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    I wish a game would use the 32X for a bonus level, maybe have something like the special stages in Knuckles Chaotix. That way the game is still playable without the shroom but you get a bonus if you have it. From what I understand of the hardware however this is not easy to do unless you have essentially two ROMs on one cart (please correct me if I'm wrong).
    I don't think you need to have two ROMs, but people who buy the game will have to pay for the 32X content even if they don't have the 32X (obviously).

Wildside Expert

I have been recently told by Fonzie that the manufacturing budget has been secured but what remains is to find funds for the shipping process. He added the Chinese factories are closed during the period of the holidays but should proceed within a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Arm View Post
    I have been recently told by Fonzie that the manufacturing budget has been secured but what remains is to find funds for the shipping process. He added the Chinese factories are closed during the period of the holidays but should proceed within a month.
    Why should anyone believe anything he says now? As far as I'm aware, he's been saying for a long time that the game is almost done.
    I had my ring penetrated on Takeshi's Castle.

Wildside Expert

From what I understand, the game has been complete for some time but what was lacking was the budget to produce it.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert majinga's Avatar

He can use his own money to ship some copies, not all the copies, just a little batch, in order to show that the game is real. Then reopen the shop, and use the income to ship another little batch of games. The shipping costs are probably not so huge, I'm sure he can raise enough money with all the stuff in the WM shop.
    All he need is a little amount of money to ship the first batch of games. I don't know how much, but sure it can't cost more than a private party in Paris.

Wildside Expert

Well yeah, I guess. He didn't give any more detail except what I reported here. Also no clear manufacturing date either except (from what I get) it would be a matter of month until the factory starts producing.

From what I understand, the game has been complete for some time but what was lacking was the budget to produce it.
    And a Nigerian prince just told me he will transfer $56,000,000 to my account, but he just needs me to send $10,000 to cover fees.

Quote Originally Posted by majinga View Post
    He can use his own money to ship some copies, not all the copies, just a little batch, in order to show that the game is real. Then reopen the shop, and use the income to ship another little batch of games. The shipping costs are probably not so huge, I'm sure he can raise enough money with all the stuff in the WM shop.
    All he need is a little amount of money to ship the first batch of games. I don't know how much, but sure it can't cost more than a private party in Paris.
    That's a great idea, alternatively he could provide some proof of a complete game. I'm willing to bet I know why he hasn't shown a complete game though.
    Last edited by Mad Moham; 01-25-2019 at 07:02 AM.
    I had my ring penetrated on Takeshi's Castle.

Thread Information