Quantcast

Page 641 of 643 FirstFirst ... 141541591631637638639640641642643 LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,615 of 9638

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

SITE SUPERVILLAIN Outrunner Vector's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OverDrone View Post
    So what's the status of the Datenmeister chip atm? Was it only a rumour it wasn't being implemented on account of the video seen at the 'release party', or was there solid confirmation at some point?

I try to keep up with the thread, but the game's taking so long my exact recollection of events is starting to feel shaky
    I posted about that and the fact the he owns the company that made the DM chips and it was b.s. LOL and I also provided Documentary of Papruim links proving that many times, in this thread =) @ 9:29 https://youtu.be/-hh1db37VzE?t=569 but facts about it here @ 15:17 https://youtu.be/-hh1db37VzE?t=913
    My Feedback : http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...orman-feedback
    My Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKAhCCdRxXo
    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Is this guy the new forum villain? LOL
    They called me Mr. Glass =)

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner avlon's Avatar

Looks like Fonzie took so long that Terraonion beat him to the enhanced music cart. The MegaSD will allow for MSU-1 like CD audio without an actual Sega CD.

So at this point, it looks like Streets of Rage 4 & enhanced audio Genesis games will beat Paprium to market. (If it's ever released.)

Great job there, Watermelon "Co."!

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by avlon View Post
    Looks like Fonzie took so long that Terraonion beat him to the enhanced music cart. The MegaSD will allow for MSU-1 like CD audio without an actual Sega CD.

So at this point, it looks like Streets of Rage 4 & enhanced audio Genesis games will beat Paprium to market. (If it's ever released.)

Great job there, Watermelon "Co."!
    This makes it even funnier! Paprium: Obsolete on day one!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Stifu's Avatar

If day one ever comes...

Actually, it should not really matter, because a game can stand on its own merits and be interesting even if it's not technically the best out there. However, Fonzie has pushed the "biggest MD cart ever" narrative so much (VISUAL SHOCK! SPEED SHOCK! SOUND SHOCK!) that it's funny to see all of that crumble. What matters, in the end, is gameplay.

Hero of Algol

I think Xeno Crisis release will affect the potential impact of Paprium a lot more than the Mega SD.

Despite belonging to different genres, both games are still arcade action titles. During all these years Paprium was supposed to exist in this vacuum but now it will have some serious competition.

The music tracks from Paprium which were shared to us were great, but are they better than Savage Regime's work?

Paprium is supposed to have all those big sprites and look like a "Neo Geo game" but it's Xeno Crisis actually getting a Neo Geo release and people seem to be excited about it in there community.
    Furthermore, Henk Nieborg's pixel art is on another level: way more consistent, far better shading and pretty much no use of dithering. The game will look good even on modern displays without any scanlines.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Xeno Crisis also uses 100% authentic Mega Drive sound and does taint the classic console experience with dozens of channels of sampled audio with a higher sample rate than CDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    Xeno Crisis also uses 100% authentic Mega Drive sound and does taint the classic console experience with dozens of channels of sampled audio with a higher sample rate than CDs.
    100% agreed.

Master of Shinobi

Looks like Fonzie took so long that Terraonion beat him to the enhanced music cart.
    I don't see any enhanced music in the Mega SD. Where is that stored? Is that licensed music used with permission? Also which games do allow for Mode 1 as of June 2019 ? Top Gear 2, that hack of Rock'n'Roll Racing, Sonic 1 and ahem Pier Solar? I don't see any game stored in the Mega SD actually.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge size milestones @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150)

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner avlon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    I don't see any enhanced music in the Mega SD. Where is that stored? Is that licensed music used with permission? Also which games do allow for Mode 1 as of June 2019 ? Top Gear 2, that hack of Rock'n'Roll Racing, Sonic 1 and ahem Pier Solar? I don't see any game stored in the Mega SD actually.
    If you can see music, then you have some special powers. Can you smell hunger as well? Taste colors? Do tell...

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Stifu's Avatar

You mean does *not* taint, right?

SITE SUPERVILLAIN Outrunner Vector's Avatar

DatenMeister (not Texas Instruments) chip was just a fraud from the start, as time mark of link to youtube video documentaries I posted above proved.
    My Feedback : http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...orman-feedback
    My Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKAhCCdRxXo
    Is this guy the new forum villain? LOL
    They called me Mr. Glass =)

Master of Shinobi

If you can see music, then you have some special powers. Can you smell hunger as well? Taste colors? Do tell...
    Probably, if I try hard. I'll ask Fonzie for tips on how to do it.
    Not answering, though.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge size milestones @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150)

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    DatenMeister (not Texas Instruments) chip was just a fraud from the start, as time mark of link to youtube video documentaries I posted above proved.
    It's not real Mega Drive sound and takes it several generations beyond what was remotely possible before probably Xbox 360. Aside from being a mechanical mix of technology from decades in the future and the Mega Drive, ir's pretty much a given that all of the sound effects eould be high quality samples as well. It would sound like a generic faux "retro" game.

Xeno Crisis uses only Mega Drive hardware for the sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Master of Shinobi

It's not real Mega Drive sound and takes it several generations beyond what was remotely possible
    So that's a bad thing when it's Paprium and a good thing when it's implemented on Mega SG? I don't like it either and Xeno Crisis is far more interesting because of that. Running anything on stock hardware, without add-on chips (either using historically accurate o present technology) will always be closer to what gaming on a concrete system will be. Not a fan of those MSU-1 projects either. Also that's what made Pier Solar a technically impressive game, they just overcame the rom size limitation and that's it (and that was already done during console's lifetime).

Thread Information