Quantcast

Page 668 of 672 FirstFirst ... 168568618658664665666667668669670671672 LastLast
Results 10,006 to 10,020 of 10074

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by avlon View Post
    Would a bunch of unpaid collaborators threatening to reclaim their assets and use it to rebuild a new game get the Fonz to crawl out from under his rock?
    At this point, I think he'd be doing the gaming community a big favor if he just stayed under there and never showed his face in public again.

Master of Shinobi

We need some kind of closure on this. Question is, apart from Fonzie, will someone be able to provide it?
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European

Nameless One

What closure do you need? The game is never coming out. It is vaporware. You will not see any actual development updates in this thread. It's jokes now.

Go enjoy Tanglewood or Xenocrisis. They're real games, and fun to play.

Mastering your Systems Shining Hero TmEE's Avatar

Papirium ! lol
    Death To MP3, :3
    Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa "Gnirts test is a shit" New and growing website of total jawusumness !
    If any of my images in my posts no longer work you can find them in "FileDen Dump" on my site ^

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    We need some kind of closure on this. Question is, apart from Fonzie, will someone be able to provide it?
    All of us, by making the whole journey through the various stages of grief.

WCPO Agent

Fonzie disappearing is inexcusable and likely illegal while he still owes money to contractors and a game/joysticks to people who invested. I wonder if that "Gems" system was nothing more than a money laundering scheme from day one, it sure looks like it at this point. This is hurting other developers too, I saw an ad for another homebrew game on Facebook and people were commenting they were hesitant to invest because of Paprium/WM.

If he can't deliver the goods the honorable and ethical thing to do is to sell off the remaining assets to a publisher who can. Get a real job to work off the debt and if that's impossible I'm sure he can find someone in China who will assist in getting one of his kidneys to market.

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    If he can't deliver the goods the honorable and ethical thing to do is to sell off the remaining assets to a publisher who can.
    This. Give it to Piko, would be great to see the original people working on it piece it back together.
    Looking for a PAL disc only of Mega CD Marko's Magic Football if you want to sell me one.

Quote Originally Posted by sashadarko View Post
    Hey, moustache fuck, if you still read this very thread. You're ARE speedy speedy Sonic, right?.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    sell off the remaining assets to a publisher who can. Get a real job to work off the debt and if that's impossible I'm sure he can find someone in China who will assist in getting one of his kidneys to market.
    This, he NEEDS to come clear already. you failed Fonzie dude. just own up to it and lets get to working towards paying back the people you fucked over.

Quote Originally Posted by shifted View Post
    This. Give it to Piko, would be great to see the original people working on it piece it back together.
    This thread is 667 pages long, so I may have missed it. But, when was this game in their hands as the developers? Assuming you mean Piko Interactive, that is.

Currently Reviewing: Galaxy Force (SMS)
    Coming Up:TF3 Side by Side
    Done:

I think shifted meant that Fonzie should give the game to Piko (not that he already did it).

That said, if anybody else were to manage to pick it up, it's more likely Tulio.

Won't happen. Fonzie's pride costs more than all the release parties and superfluous joysticks in the world combined.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Outrunner

Would love to see a dream team supergroup of ex-Watermelon, Big Evil and Bitmap Bureau pick this up. One can but dream!

Master of Shinobi

Ok but last real world update from Fonzie (which is not that long ago given the total "development" time since the game was announced) was on the opposite side of the spectrum, like in "the game will be out and I'm pissed that ppl are saying it won't" etc etc.

As it obvious that he won't acknowledge that he can't finish the game, some sort of definitive confirmation on this would be great. Also I don't think the game can be salvaged as is without a huge amount of (paid) work so I guess nobody would want to get their hands on it if there's an expectation of them releasing something other than an unplayable proto with half of the assets removed because, hey, we don't even have an add-on chip, so if it doesn't work with it, it surely won't without it.

At this point a slideshow demo in rom format with the assets or a rom with the music (if it can de played on a stock console at all) would be really awesome and I don't think anymore than this can be achieved. I don't think anyone but Fonzie could release them as of now because of NDA, copyright, etc legal issues.

So this is the Dear Tommy of videogames now. Oh great.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Has anyone heard anything from Goldenboy? Last we heard, he played a complete game. It was done, from what he seemed to be reporting, and running on real hardware. If anyone knows what is going on, I'd imagine he would.

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Ok but last real world update from Fonzie (which is not that long ago given the total "development" time since the game was announced) was on the opposite side of the spectrum, like in "the game will be out and I'm pissed that ppl are saying it won't" etc etc.

As it obvious that he won't acknowledge that he can't finish the game, some sort of definitive confirmation on this would be great. Also I don't think the game can be salvaged as is without a huge amount of (paid) work so I guess nobody would want to get their hands on it if there's an expectation of them releasing something other than an unplayable proto with half of the assets removed because, hey, we don't even have an add-on chip, so if it doesn't work with it, it surely won't without it.

At this point a slideshow demo in rom format with the assets or a rom with the music (if it can de played on a stock console at all) would be really awesome and I don't think anymore than this can be achieved. I don't think anyone but Fonzie could release them as of now because of NDA, copyright, etc legal issues.

So this is the Dear Tommy of videogames now. Oh great.
    The music and backgrounds should be salvageable, maybe the sprites too although I didn't see enough of them in action to know if they're really done or not. I think the easiest way forward would be to take an existing beat 'em up engine, probably OpenBOR since it's free, and put the assets into that. OpenBOR has some built-in options for handling enemy AI, should be enough to get a playable game (and plenty of people have done it). Forget about a cart release, just get it running on Switch, Steam, Windows, Android, whatever is easiest.

Thread Information