Quantcast

Page 97 of 642 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197597 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 9627

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

I don't really care if the game is called "Frankie Goes to Hollywood and Stomps on Dogshit"!

All I care about is that the game is an excellent title. In the short term everything else is irrelevant: I don't care who the characters are, what the game looks like, what are the final music compositions that will be used, what kind of moves ets we will see etc. In the end, the culmination of all these things is what matters. I'm a patient man. it's out of sight and therefore out of mind.

To be honest I invested into the project based on the fact that (1.) Watermelon met my expectations when they released Pier Solar for the Genesis and (2.) Fonzie has shown that he cares about producing a high quality game and is not afraid to delay it's release until it meets his expectations.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

I think you're missing the point. There's no reason to withhold the name. Whether you care or not is immaterial. The title of the game should be in people's minds. Remember it's not just about you and what you care about. If Fonzie had his way he might not even announce that he was working on a game until it was ready to go and honestly that would be fine. But he had to get $$$ from people. Most of those people want updates. And I'm sure others who might be interested in the future want updates as well. It was a huge pain in the ass getting screens for Pier Solar HD for Game Sack and he only gave me what had already been released before so I consider him quite useless when it comes to anything other than programing and making pretty boxes. Even when it comes to programming, I don't consider him some kind of wunderkind. He's good, yes, but there are others who have the skill he does and possibly lots more. Fonzie was also the one who said it was gonna be released in March 2014 or whenever it was. Why even say something like that?

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

With respect to the release date, I am willing to give Fonzie the benefit of the doubt. Why? Because unbeknownst to you or I, he had his reasons for the delay. Running a small enterprise is no small task. Everything falls on your shoulders and you have no choice but to move with the punches. If the game was prematurely released in March 2014 would you have been happy playing a broken game? I think not. Nor would I.

With respect to Fonzie's technical expertise, no one is claiming he is a some kind of "wunderkind". I'm sure if you asked him yourself, he would tell you that the Watermelon team is only as good as the sum of its parts. Pier Solar would not have achieved success had it not been for the contributions of very many people.

With respect to the issue of deriving revenue, investing into the project has been closed for quite some time. that is not something you or I should be concerned with anyways. That issue should only be discussed within the confines of the boardroom. From what I understand only current investors can continue to invest. So deriving revenue in the short term has little to no bearing on the company until the game is finally released. Clearly the money invested has already covered contract, salaries, production costs and matters relating to the growth of their fledgling enterprise. And we can't forget that the company has already secured contracts to publish other games under the Watermelon team banner.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Quote Originally Posted by WuTang View Post
    When will it be released zebbe? can you give us a specific month
    I honestly don't know.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Extreme Procrastinator Master of Shinobi Flygon's Avatar

Wait, the name won't be Project Y?

B-but, Y's a cool letter now! And Project, all that mystique!

A Light In The Building. Master of Shinobi

What's everyone talking about? Project Y has been out for ages!

Wildside Expert

Ys was the name of a city that sunk in the region of Britanny (France) I guess the guys at falcom took the idea and mixed it with elements from castle in the sky by Miyazaki.
    The principle of project Y title is the same as Ys.

I can say Project Y's title is quite original for a game of this genre.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Testicle Warriors?

I actually had a dream last night where Fonzie showed the boxart, and it also showed the name. He quickly realized the mistake and a new image without the name was put up. I wish I could remember what the name was in the dream, It sounded cool I think.

Hero of Algol

Double Final Rage: The Riot Street War of Cyberpunk Axe?

On the MGF forums in the Project Y poetry contest thread Fonzie mentioned, "Only one left city on earth after a nuclear event," but "I can't give the city's name, you'll understand soon why :P". This has promted speculation that the city's name is (or at least is in) the title.
    Be Attitude For Gains!

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Double Final Rage: The Riot Street War of Cyberpunk Axe?
    Dammit! Now we have to get a new one >:-(.

No matter what it is, I can guarantee that there will be some people who don't like it. So they might as well let us know what it is so everyone gets used to it. Remember when people complained about iPad? Or Wii? People eventually just got used to it and mostly stopped bitching. Not that I think the name will be that outlandish.

Hopefully the title has something to do with Detroit, as that's the only worthwhile city on the planet anyway.

I'm also sure some people won't like it, I wasn't very fond it it first myself but grew fond of it more like people did with Wii/iPad as you said. I would tell it to you, but Fonzie decides, and he wants it a secret for now, so that's how it will be until he decides differently.

Thread Information