Quantcast

Page 266 of 669 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 10025

Thread: Paprium: Official Thread

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zredgemz View Post
    no, next week.
    No, I mean the actual tentative date written on the bottom right corner of the picture. 4/2017.

That's gotta mean something.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    That would be pretty impressive! If it is I hope the decompression is a little faster than alpha Although I honestly don't think fonz would be satisfied if it wasn't better than the SNES
    For sure. And packed pixel always comes in handy for situations like this.
    Since the beginning of the development Fonzie said stuff taunting the Neo Geo. I think that's the technical level he's aiming at - there's some claims about how often they would be updating the animation frames on screen as well.

I believe he pushed to do something that by the moment you start playing and see things moving around you'll realize it's on a whole new level (not only in terms of how much stuff appears on the screen at once, but also in terms of how often it updates and moves things).
    What I'm expecting here is something in the lines of MD's Mickey Mania vs SNES Mickey Mania: while both games update the screen at 60 fps, all characters animate in a noticeably higher frame rate on the MD.
    When they released that tea time video you could already notice something on how quickly the enemies and objects would bounce up and down (getting blurry in that 30 fps video); the video didn't seem to be fast forwarded.

There's also a little graphical glitch at around 0:14 of that video in the right part of the screen which seems to suggest he was updating the background tiles as the screen scrolls. This is also something that got a few references during the development (how he was trying to expand the background by making a more dynamic use of the VRAM); it's a technique that very few MD games really explored (Sonic 3D Blast is insane in such regard) and none of the beat'em ups IIRC.
    Last edited by Barone; 03-25-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    No, I mean the actual tentative date written on the bottom right corner of the picture. 4/2017.

That's gotta mean something.
    It was when it was suppose to be released but as we know that french site changed everything with the leak. Everything is shifted now.

I see. I thought it was a leak or something.

Still excited, though.

Somewhere in here I said that's I'd stick this thread and rename it once the game got a proper name. Well, now it's Paprium! Of course I am no longer able to stick threads. Can a mod help me keep my promise?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    Somewhere in here I said that's I'd stick this thread and rename it once the game got a proper name. Well, now it's Paprium! Of course I am no longer able to stick threads. Can a mod help me keep my promise?
    Welcome back!

I think Zebbe has to do it.

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

I was hoping for one unlockable character, so two is just fucking awesome. For some reason I've always been under the impression that one of them would be the big green dude holding a beam. Also, considering the color palette they have to deal with, that's some pretty nice shading on those characters. Great stuff.

I'm a little surprised that no one's commented on the "GRAND UPPAH" in that second screenshot. I'm more interested in playing as the chick and the big dude with the mullet, but that's always a fun move to have.

I was a bit disappointed to hear about a co-processor in the cart, but Barone's posts have allayed my worries a bit. September can't come fast enough.

The mullet has to be the signature 80's,90's action movie staple and the fact that xGoldenboyx put it on a playable character make's me extremely happy.

Speaking of color's what is the limit on sega? i mean the max number you could have on screen.

Extreme Procrastinator Master of Shinobi Flygon's Avatar

I see no huge issue with co-processors myself. Power requirements are strict, and the base hardware is still rather limiting relative to what any modern co-processor can add.

So where do I click the SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY button?
    Last edited by Gentlegamer; 03-26-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zredgemz View Post
    Speaking of color's what is the limit on sega? i mean the max number you could have on screen.
    Officially, I remember it being 64 simultaneously of a palette of 512.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher AggroSky's Avatar

Also, we pretty much knew this already but, trailer confirmed via my Twitter account

Project Y.jpg

Man in Black Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    for what it's worth - you've been missed, man. and game sack has only gotten better!

Quote Originally Posted by AggroSky View Post
    Also, we pretty much knew this already but, trailer confirmed via my Twitter account

Project Y.jpg
    That is 7pm est time for anyone that wanted to know.

Thread Information