Quantcast

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: New RGB to Component converter design using the BA7230LS

Did it ever occur to you that maybe you're some oversensitive guy who likes to hide on forums? If someone tells you to stop being so lazy and do something yourself you automatically label that person as arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    You don't say it, but you act like it. Your arrogance has become quite irritating. There is nothing lazy about asking the creator of a mod a question about said mod.

YM3438 Master! ESWAT Veteran evildragon's Avatar

Even my dog approves of MegaDrive Component Video.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...mushaintro.jpg
    Customized Sega Genesis Model 1 - VA3. Energy efficient with buck converters instead of LM7805's.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that maybe you're some oversensitive guy who likes to hide on forums? If someone tells you to stop being so lazy and do something yourself you automatically label that person as arrogant.
    Did it ever occur to you that your reply was unwarranted? As I said, there is absolutely nothing lazy about asking the creator of a mod a question about that mod. To even propose that act as lazy is just plain arrogant and elitist.

Please, keep it civil.

Co-Creator of the MegaAmp Raging in the Streets villahed94's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    I did give it a go on a VA2 Genesis Model 1 and it looked better than anything I got with the BA6592F. Just as bright, but with bolder, more vibrant colors.
    VA2 Model 1? Awesome. I'm gonna get that encoder ASAP then.

Mega Amp: An all-new audio circuit for your Sega Genesis/MegaDrive and clones.

I'd love one for the Saturn.

Can you make one for SNES or an Atari Jaguar?

Creator of the Mega Amp Raging in the Streets Ace's Avatar

Should be entirely possible, but I don't have a Jaguar nor do I intend to get one, so I wouldn't be able to test whether the Jaguar works with the BA7230LS. With the Super NES, though, it's just a matter of making an RGB cable. Which Super NES are we talking about here, the original model or the Super NES Mini? If it's an original-model Super NES, specify the motherboard revision so I can see if it will work with that particular board (though I only have access to motherboard revisions SHVC-CPU-01 and SNS-CPU-GPM-01).
    HATES ATGAMES WITH A PASSION

Mega Amp: An all-new audio circuit for your Sega Genesis/MegaDrive and clones.

Note: If you want to contact me on Skype, identify yourself or your contact request will be rejected.

Should be entirely possible, but I don't have a Jaguar nor do I intend to get one, so I wouldn't be able to test whether the Jaguar works with the BA7230LS. With the Super NES, though, it's just a matter of making an RGB cable. Which Super NES are we talking about here, the original model or the Super NES Mini? If it's an original-model Super NES, specify the motherboard revision so I can see if it will work with that particular board (though I only have access to motherboard revisions SHVC-CPU-01 and SNS-CPU-GPM-01).

Will do and can look into the Jaguar cable if I get the Pin out?

urusei yatsura Master of Shinobi lumclaw's Avatar

I did give it a go on a VA2 Genesis Model 1 and it looked better than anything I got with the BA6592F. Just as bright, but with bolder, more vibrant colors.
    I've got a VA2 Japanese Model 1. Not that there's any difference?

All I really need is A JAP21PIN RGB cable. Any can make these???

The medium-sized mang. Raging in the Streets Lastcallhall's Avatar

IIRC the jag could do it. I remember there being a RGB out on the AV out connector.

Yep:

http://www.hardwarebook.info/Atari_Jaguar_A/V

If I were being elitist I'd be calling you "pathetic noob" or something. You just need to grow a little sense of humour instead of freaking out everytime someone points out any of your flaws.

Did it ever occur to you that your reply was unwarranted? As I said, there is absolutely nothing lazy about asking the creator of a mod a question about that mod. To even propose that act as lazy is just plain arrogant and elitist.
    I'll be moving at the end of this month. After I move for sure I'll order the parts and build this. Thanks again to ace for coming up with an even better version of his circuit I'm really looking forward to making this.

How is asking the creator of a mod a question about their mod lazy? The fact of the matter is that it's not. In fact it's expected in these kind of threads. Calling that a flaw and talking down to me about it makes you arrogant and elitist.

I think you're the one here who has a problem. You are still upset over my calling your mods crap due to the extreme excess of glue you use on them. And since I have flat out said I don't do mods myself you see this as hypocritical and feel the need to ridicule me every chance you get. Well here's a news flash for you, you don't need to be an electrical engineer or a modder to know that covering a mother board in hot glue looks like utter crap and is completely unnecessary.

If you want to continue this discussion Drakon take it to PMs.

Believe me, I don't care if you call my mods crap. I wasn't ridiculing you I was trying to point out that you could answer the question yourself with a very quick google search. You just take everything as a personal attack and then attack in return for something that was never an attack to begin with. I find it amusing that you tell me to take it to pms yet you just posted in a thread about it. This whole thing never had anything to do with you complaining about hot glue, but like always you look for any excuse to bring that up. I forgot how sensitive you are, otherwise I wouldn't have said that.

Here's a question, if you don't do mods yourself, then why do you care if his circuit can be powered by the console?

How is asking the creator of a mod a question about their mod lazy? The fact of the matter is that it's not. In fact it's expected in these kind of threads. Calling that a flaw and talking down to me about it makes you arrogant and elitist.

I think you're the one here who has a problem. You are still upset over my calling your mods crap due to the extreme excess of glue you use on them. And since I have flat out said I don't do mods myself you see this as hypocritical and feel the need to ridicule me every chance you get. Well here's a news flash for you, you don't need to be an electrical engineer or a modder to know that covering a mother board in hot glue looks like utter crap and is completely unnecessary.

If you want to continue this discussion Drakon take it to PMs.
    Last edited by Drakon; 10-02-2012 at 04:22 PM.

The medium-sized mang. Raging in the Streets Lastcallhall's Avatar

Installed this on a SNES 2 this weekend. I had to RGB mod the SNES using the gamesx.com mod before I could feed that back into the encoder for the component out (the buyer wanted both RGB out added to the AV out and component jacks added onto the case) - to do this you simply run a wire attached to a 75 ohm resistor to the bottom of the console. IF YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THIS ROUTE, do NOT add the 1K ohm resistors on the RGB in lines; the pulldowns (also 1K) and caps are good enough. The pic is a little dark, but I'm thinking I can mess with the 75 ohm resistor values a bit to see what works and what doesn't.

I'll post pics if I get a chance - this guy has been waiting months for this mod (parts issue) - so I might want to send it back out asap.

Thread Information