Quantcast

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sega Saturn appreciation thread

8 & 16 bit guy Outrunner Bloodreign's Avatar

I've got one mainly for the import side of it, it really has a lot to offer on the other side of the pond, and a lot of sweet sweet arcade ports. But be warned, some of these imports will kill your wallet dead, or damned near do so.

This machine had so much potential, but it never got to fully realize it's own potential, real sad.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lan Di View Post
    The holy grail of all Sega games......

This game owns! Panzer Dragoon Saga was the best Sega gaming experience for me, EVER!. I have the official soundtrack on my ipod touch and listening to "Sona Mi Areru Ec Sancitu" litteraly brings tears to by eyes. Sega can never again replicate perfection like this.
    I think you meant to say Shining: The Holy Ark.

A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Master of Shinobi NostalgicMachine's Avatar

Always loved the Saturn, and I chose it over owning a PSX back in the day. It wasn't a hard choice, because all my friends had PSX, so I didn't need to own one .

Bug Too!!, Sonic 3D Blast, Virtua Fighter Remix, Clockwork Nights, Nights into Dreams...I love them all!

Quote Originally Posted by EricShaun View Post
    LOVED the saturn to death. First games were VF2, Panzer Dragoon Zwei, and Sega Rally.

Tomb Raider literally blew me away. Shining Force 3 had me hooked. Then there was Fighters Megamix, NiGHTS, Sonic R etc

We were always fighting a losing battle, but I was loyal

Damn you for making me remember how lame and uninspired my user name is!

And Enemy Zero was a great Saturn title that has long since fallen into obscurity. Also the performance SuperPad 8: Better than both official controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Fan View Post
    Damn you for making me remember how lame and uninspired my user name is!

And Enemy Zero was a great Saturn title that has long since fallen into obscurity. Also the performance SuperPad 8: Better than both official controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I don't mean to sound rude, but posts like this do not add to the conversation. Who cares if he made another thread on the Saturn? That one is a clusterfuck that's like 60 pages long anyway and no one would post. A new thread on this does not detract from the boards in any way than the multitude of +1s in Off-Topic.
    That's ENTIRE point of his post - there's NOTHING that can be said in THIS thread that hasn't been beaten to a bloody mess in the previous thread. There's no need for yet another "RA-RA, Yay Saturn" thread.

The Sega Saturn Mega Thread is a disaster though. It's a combination of all of 16Bitters "Sega Saturn Sucks" threads. However it was taken a step too far because 16Bitter demanded that all Sega Saturn threads be combined into one in his attempt to mock people for getting annoyed at him remaking the same topic over and over again. So it's not a RA-RA, Yay Saturn thread. It's a clusterfuck of 16Bitters Saturn hate threads plus a few random unrelated Saturn threads.

Honestly I'm fine with a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Shocker View Post
    http://www.epicfail.com/images/darth-vader-epic-fail.jpg

Have you owned this gamepad? It rocks!

Great d-pad, great buttons, sturdy and built to last, good button layout, nice case ergonomics, looks cool, etc. Bought one of these back in the day for my Saturn and never looked back.

The Model 2 Saturn pad is generally considered the king of 2D Game pads.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    The Model 2 Saturn pad is generally considered the king of 2D Game pads.

I know....but thats only because few experienced the Superpad. Its better in every way. Consistently sized buttons for one, and those that are simply more comfortable in gameplay.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    That's ENTIRE point of his post - there's NOTHING that can be said in THIS thread that hasn't been beaten to a bloody mess in the previous thread. There's no need for yet another "RA-RA, Yay Saturn" thread.
    Exactly.

With Baloo acting like that it doesn't surprise me that we find so many repetitive and/or misplaced threads rather than the information we're looking for when using the search button.

What about it is better? Be specific. The D-Pad looks awful and the buttons don't look to be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Fan View Post
    Have you owned this gamepad? It rocks!

Great d-pad, great buttons, sturdy and built to last, good button layout, nice case ergonomics, looks cool, etc. Bought one of these back in the day for my Saturn and never looked back.
    I bought the Genesis version because it was cheap and looked like a halfway decent product. I haven't tested it out yet but it just doesn't look like it could dethrone either Sega's official pad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Panzer Dragoon Saga is a FANTASTIC game. I'm not an RPG fan myself and I really just couldn't put the game down. It's worth every penny that it goes for in my opinion. What an excellent game, everyone should at least give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Exactly.

With Baloo acting like that it doesn't surprise me that we find so many repetitive and/or misplaced threads rather than the information we're looking for when using the search button.
    Because honestly, when it comes to forums, what hasn't already been said in general? It's just chatter really. You can have the same conversation more than once. I just don't get that mentality of "This thread has already been made before. It's here" Damn right it has, we're talking about 20 year old games here!

Sorry if my comment de-railed the thread, then again that's not much new around here

Sega Saturn is still the best game system ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by llj View Post
    Count me as someone who never liked the Turbo/Hyper Fighting iterations of Street Fighter 2. The speed ups always struck me as too "Benny Hill".

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Panzer Dragoon Saga is a FANTASTIC game. I'm not an RPG fan myself and I really just couldn't put the game down. It's worth every penny that it goes for in my opinion. What an excellent game, everyone should at least give it a try.

Sega Saturn is still the best game system ever.
    Well, I didn't get into the Saturn at the time, but I am coming to like it more and more NOW. Anywho, I prefer the Panzer Dragoon shooters the Saga, particularly because it's an RPG. I don't really care for RPGs.

Thread Information