Quantcast

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Overclocking & 68010: Annotated Compatibility List

OPN2 in DNA Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Peeteris's Avatar

Sad

I have written this already, but now I hope someone could help me with this problem.
    The thing is that in every game if there's water, there's garbage between water and land. Constant dots on the first lines of water. It's annoying. I have not seen any other graphical glitches (except in Comix Zone). Only graphical glitch is with garbage dots between water and land. In every game. Also these dots are in the same places in every game.
    Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Peeteris View Post
    Sega Mega Drive (EU), VA6.5/8, region set to North America - NTSC, Motorola 68000, overclocked to 10MHz.
    5 min - Psycho Pinball - title screen music sounds terrible.
    30 min - Sonic 3 & Knuckles - no crashes, but graphical glitches between water and ground (white dots following between ground and water until entire screen is only water or ground), no ice cap music problems found.
    10 min - Vectorman 1 and Vectorman 2 - no problems found at all, smoother gameplay.
    5 min - Ristar - slowdowns not present in intro sequence anymore.
    Completed game - Streets of Rage 3 (JAP, translation) - no problems found.

P.S. I found out that Sonic 3 isn't the only game with graphical glitches between water and ground. I found this in Ristar and some other games I can't remember. Probably every game with water like in these games is affected. So as far as I understand, there are graphical glitches (vertical pixelation) between color palete swaps. Correct me, if I'm wrong, as I'm not really sure, what's going on.
    Have you tested this with the impressive mirror water effect in the intro of Wiz n Liz? Be curious to know what results you have with that game.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

A request for Todd's Adventures in Slime World, which suffers pervasive slowdown.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Lycanphoenix's Avatar

A lot of the games on the chart don't actually have information listed for how they perform under different conditions. Also, there are no records for how Knuckles in Sonic 2 or Sonic CD (be sure to test when swapping both CPUs) behave on the 68010, nor miscellaneous software such as Flux (a commercially available music visualizer for music CDs, which you plug into the Genesis cartridge port) and compilations such as the infamous Action 52.

I actually had typed up a few ideas for hardware mods that might increase compatibility with the 68010, if anybody wishes to hear them. Until then, compatibility patches for some of the more popular incompatible games might be in order.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanphoenix View Post
    I actually had typed up a few ideas for hardware mods that might increase compatibility with the 68010, if anybody wishes to hear them. Until then, compatibility patches for some of the more popular incompatible games might be in order.
    I'd love to hear about that.

10mhz overclock on the Adventures of Batman and Robin exhibit character sprite flickering and punching trash cans won’t show the cats flying in the air. Slowdown is improved in boss fights.

On Gunstar Heroes the intro scene shows some artifacts around the edges, those slowdown is reduced nicely in gameplay.

Wildside Expert

I recently acquired a GameGenie and decided to try it with my 10Mhz overclocked Megadrive.

I noticed that games I played almost flawlessly before now crash much often.

Has anyone noticed this too? I guess that GameGenie does not like to be pushed or it introduces some kind of bottleneck?

Wildside Expert

I noticed "Chaos Engine" is not on the list of first post, but I think there is occasional slowdown.

Playing the game on overclocked Megadrive (10 Mhz) seems to improve, although not very perceptible (?).

I maybe wrong but has anyone checked this game previously?

Thread Information