Quantcast

Thread: Animaniacs

Default Animaniacs

The '90s saw some great cartoons, and among the best was Animaniacs, which made adults laugh just as hard as kids, with its pop culture references and subtle humor. Its huge sucess led to a ton of marketing, including video games. The Genesis platformer was a refreshing take on the genre and featured some great on-the-fly character swapping which was essential to passing each stage. Our full review tells the whole story, so read on and try not to go wacky! Or is that yacky? I can never tell...
    Last edited by Melf; 07-11-2011 at 09:57 PM.

wow, haven't played that game in years! Great cartoon, and a fun game I remember renting back in the day. Good review!

I remeber the game actually being a bit hard for kids actually, mostly with the quick reflex moments, and sometimes things not being oh-so-obvious. Still good though.

Devil In A Midnight Mass WCPO Agent Flash1087's Avatar

I loved the show and I loved the game. The team-based stuff reminded me a touch of The Lost Vikings, another game I adored as a youth, although not as in-depth. Never finished it though, and until right now I guess I just assumed it'd be longer than it actually is.

On a side note, I have this weird association with this game and being sick. I rented it from Blockbuster one Friday after a field trip in elementary school, and I didn't mention it to my mom until I got home because I didn't wanna leave the field trip earlier (which I had done before, as I was a very illness-prone child) and so I spent the weekend laid up with strep throat and a warm Genesis with this in it. I still loved the game, regardless of how difficult it was to eat or communicate verbally.

A good game for a splendid series. I'll have to give it another go to complete this brief post, but what I remember is a short but sweet game with easy puzzles and some ol' Konami platforming goodness.

This game has three different versions that were released in the US. They are:

1. Original release in plastic case.
    - Konami logo on front of box.
    - 900 Deerfield Parkway on cart label
    - Konami Made in Japan cart stamp

2. Konami Classics release in plastic case.
    - Konami Classics logo on front of box.
    - Acclaim plastic case with black label overtop
    - 900 Deerfield Parkway on cart label
    - Acclaim Assembled in Mexico cart with Konami Assembled in Mexico label overtop

3. Majesco cardboard box release
    - Konami Classics logo on front of box
    - cardboard slipcover box
    - Printed in U.S.A. on cart label
    - Sega Assembled in Japan stamp on cart

I do not have the plastic case for the original release, so I could not take a comparison picture of that, or of the inside. In the imgur gallery, I use some pictures from Ebay, but I was not easily able to find a picture of the original case with no cart in it. We can surmise that it does not have the Acclaim logo in it. It may also be possible that the Konami Classics plastic case release may not have the black label on the inside.

The Imgur album is here showing all three versions.
    https://imgur.com/a/36kZerU
    Sega Genesis Master Set Collector
    https://vgcollect.com/Tripredacus/gen

Thread Information