Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spider-Man & Venom: Maximum Carnage

The Shadow knows Road Rasher Allard's Avatar

It's... okay, I guess. It's not that bad, but not that good either. I'd give it a 6.

WCPO Agent Cornelius Spunkwater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -RT View Post
    It's... okay, I guess. It's not that bad, but not that good either. I'd give it a 6.
    My feelings exactly. It's got cool music though.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

I recently played through this beat em up classic for the first time in a few years, and it got me thinking about the Spider-Man comic sub-series it was based on. I haven't really been into comics since I was a kid in the early 90s, but I still have most of my old books in a box in the basement. I went through and found that I had only 3 of the 14 "Maximum Carnage" books, and decided to track down the rest of the set. Between a couple of local comic shops, I was able to pick up the rest of them easily and fairly inexpensively. I've read through about half of them so far, and I'll tell you, it is an awesome series with a riveting story. I highly recommend it even if you have only a passing interest in comics.

The game itself actually follows the story pretty closely, and the comic cutscenes look great as well. Here's the set, check out the impressive artwork on these covers.

Thread Information