Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOD.1 HEATSINK REMOVAL...

I♥Mikuru Asahina Outrunner Tasuke's Avatar

Default MOD.1 HEATSINK REMOVAL...

hi guys, i heard that removing the Genny/MD MOD.1 HDG's heatsink is somehow considered beneficial,
    though i have yet to hear an explanation of exactly why. can anyone enlighten me on this?
    my HDG Genny still has it's heatsink, and i'd like to know if i should be removing it,
    and of course, precisely what benefit i might hypothetically enjoy as a result of it's absence...
    ♥Mikuru Asahina♥

Mastering your Systems Shining Hero TmEE's Avatar

You'll enjoy a lot lower life of the power regulators and that is all there is to it. Possible abrupt poweroffs are also possible.
    Death To MP3, :3
    Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa "Gnirts test is a shit" New and growing website of total jawusumness !
    If any of my images in my posts no longer work you can find them in "FileDen Dump" on my site ^

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

Heatsink removal, despite popular belief, does not reduce the risk of contracting STD's.

I heard jumping off a cliff is beneficial too. One time my nes 2 shut down because I had no heatsink and was running a nes powerpak.

The only benefit I can see of removing the heat sink would be keeping you alive while your Genesis is running. All that Blast Processing has to go somewhere ya know.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Welcome back Tasuke, some of us missed you.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

Where had he gone, anyway?

So's your old man! Raging in the Streets zetastrike's Avatar

I think your waifu is calling
    Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon
    Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.
    My Collection: http://vgcollect.com/zetastrike

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuke View Post
    i heard that removing the Genny/MD MOD.1 HDG's heatsink is somehow considered beneficial
    Just like removing the radiator from your car will somehow make it go faster? Whoever told you that has the same IQ as a wet cheese cracker... or maybe he/she was just yanking your crack.

You CAN remove the heatsink, but only if you replace the two old 7805s with something like this:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-Smal...item5aee5fbd74
    Bare Knuckle III rules! Also, the music in this game is freakin awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by AlecRob View Post
    Where had he gone, anyway?
    He was busy removing heatsinks I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerBean2 View Post
    Just like removing the radiator from your car will somehow make it go faster? Whoever told you that has the same IQ as a wet cheese cracker... or maybe he/she was just yanking your crack.

You CAN remove the heatsink, but only if you replace the two old 7805s with something like this:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-Smal...item5aee5fbd74
    Yeah obviously someone directly told him this and the person is a flaming moron. There's no possibility whatsoever that he misinterpreted a post or two. Like the time some eccentric british guy misinterpreted the engrish posts of someone from germany as meaning that there's certain rgb nes ppus that contain the pallette of the composite ppu. People obviously never misinterpret posts.

Wow, what a good mood you're in

The guy(?) wrote: "i heard that". I can't see why I shouldn't assume that someone told him in the good old verbally fashioned way. No need to spew feces at me like that.
    Bare Knuckle III rules! Also, the music in this game is freakin awesome.

So if i remove the capacitors on my HD1 genesis, will it go faster? Less slowdown too, now that the voltage is not hindered?

It will run cooler. Take it off. Make sure you close up any vent holes on the console too. That way it will contain the cool air better.
    MY SEGAS
    [Model 1 Sega CD x 5] [Model 1 HD Genesis w/Component Video] [Model 2 Genesis] [32X CIB] [Master System Model 3010] [Nomad w/LCD mod] [Dreamcast] [Saturn] [Game Gear]

In fairness I remove the heatsink from rgb nes ppus to make them fit in consoles, although those aren't for the voltage regulator and those ppus run fine without the heatsink.

The medium-sized mang. Raging in the Streets Lastcallhall's Avatar

just take it all out - capacitors, resistors, heatsinks, diodes - all of it. You'll get the best experience without any silly current and voltage hinderances.

Thread Information