Quantcast

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: English Fan Translation Patch In Development For Sega Saturn Version Of Policenauts

Lord of the Obscure Wildside Expert LordGeo's Avatar

Cool to see the Saturn version now given the fan translation. Now if only the 3DO original can be given some love, since that's what I have the original game for. Last I heard, though, the 3DO version was never going to be given a translation.

Banned by Administrators

So wait, the Saturn version is considered the superior version, yet it gets translated last? It's sure sucks being a Saturn fan sometimes...

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

As of a stickied post from 2007, the PC-98 version was allegedly the next target after Saturn, and then 3DO last of all. However I think one of the main people behind the PlayStation translation said he had no interest in doing any others.

It seems like each version has strengths and weaknesses. The 3DO version supposedly had better framerate in the FMVs than the PlayStation version. For some reason 3DO seems more popular in Russia than you'd expect, and some Russian hackers were allegedly considering a translation into Russian, but I don't know if they did much.

BTW the first 3DO fan translation was completed not too long ago -- Doctor Hauzer. Too bad the 3DO and Sega CD get so little love in the translation world!

Banned by Administrators

I don't know, looking at the pics, the PC-98 version has that 80s sci-fi/futuristic/Blade Runner vibe to it that I prefer over the we got on 3DO, Saturn and PS1.

Old School Sega 4 Ever! Master of Shinobi Lan Di's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    http://segasaturngroup.proboards.com...crollTo=144817

it is released finally!!!! I'm so glad!!!
    3 years and we finally have this. Excellent news indeed. Reped.

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the webpage?

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble accessing the webpage?
    You needed to be logged in to see the thread. If you mean the site linked in the thread, no, it's working fine for me.

For those who don't have SS:UK forum accounts, a direct link to the site to get the patch: http://policenauts.net/english/

And a screenshot provided by SS:UK member "nityanatha" of said patch in action:

That's not what I mean. I am logged in to the forum. I mean the actual policenauts site where the patch is. It seems to time out for me everytime I try to go to it.

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

It's working for me. Do you want me to download the patch and re-upload it elsewhere for you?

EDIT: I've reuploaded it here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/kwpzsw

Thanks for reuploading it. I wonder if my ISP is blocking it or something.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    It seems like each version has strengths and weaknesses.
    This.
    However, I think overall the 3DO version has better drawings and coloring than the PS1/SAT version.

Glad to see the Saturn version finally translated. I hope to be alive to see the 3DO's translated too.

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

So wish they would do a Grandia Saturn fan translation
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    So wish they would do a Grandia Saturn fan translation
    You and I both. Being forced to play the inferior Playstation version as a Saturn fan is just wrong on so many levels.

Hero of Algol

From the readme file:
    II. Saturn Version Differences
    ==============================

Present in the original game, these differences also apply to the English patch.

- The game's glossary, previously available on Policenauts.net, can now be accessed in-game at any time by pressing the Z or Start buttons. The first time a term in the glossary appears in any game text, be it in-game or voiced, it is followed by an asterisk, indicating it as a glossary term. The glossary can be browsed by three methods: Recent (the twelve most recent terms that have appeared), Categories, or Alphabetical.

- Support for the Virtua Gun/Stunner peripheral. There is also a Shooting Mode in which the player can access the Shooting Trainer or any of the game's shooting scenes (after completing them in the story once). Note that the scenes you can access depend on which disc is in the system. For example, if you want to access a shooting scene on Disc 2, you must enter Shooting Mode from Disc 2.

- Additional scenes.

- Altered dialogue in a handful of scenes.

- Additional character close-ups.

- Additional "breast bouncing" interactions and uncensored bouncing. (Sony censored the PlayStation version by having the bouncing animation toned down.)

- Bonus videos that become available after completing the game.

- Two alternate versions of the ending credits. The easiest way to access these is simply reload the final save point in the game; you do not have to replay the entire game to view them.

- Support for the Back-Up RAM Cartridge/Power Memory peripheral.

- The anime cutscenes now run at 24 frames per second, instead of 15 in the PlayStation version, but the video quality is slightly reduced.

Like the PlayStation version, the Saturn version supports the Shuttle Mouse peripheral.

Also like the PlayStation version, if you have save data from the game Tokimeki Memorial: Forever With You, the game will insert additional dialogue into a handful of conversations, depending on how you played Tokimeki Memorial. This consists of throwaway jokes that imagine Jonathan Ingram as being the protagonist in Tokimeki Memorial. Though as of this writing no English translation patch for the Saturn (or PlayStation) version of Tokimeki Memorial: Forever With You is available, like the PlayStation patch we future-proofed the patch by translating this dialogue as well.

Banned by Administrators

Sony censoring breast bouncing. I told you these guys are evil.

Thread Information