Quantcast

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Anyone willing to review some games?

Anyone can write a review, pick a game that's not done then read the guidelines (link on mainpage) and write it up and have fun.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

Though it's handy to ask if anyone's already doing the one(s) you're interested in, just to avoid stepping on any toes. Melf is generally the one to go to for that question.

Currently Reviewing: Galaxy Force (SMS)
    Coming Up:TF3 Side by Side
    Done:

Quote Originally Posted by Aarzak View Post
    LMAO, I promised I'd review a game or two on this very thread..........more than a year or so ago!!! Procrastination is the thief of time.........

Seeing as I'm still on vacation until the end of August, I may or may not be down to take on Primal Rage and Wrestlemania. I dunno though, I'm not too confident in my writing abilities. I'm really impressed by the way some of the reviewers express themselves in ones I've read (liek Baloo for example). I'll think about it, I'm familiar with the different versions of both games.
    Above post, dated from mid-July 2009.............*sigh*

Alright, as of today, I have three weeks before I start my Junior year of college. For the LAST time, and after almost 3 years in development hell, I declare my intent to tackle WrestleMania Arcade and/or Primal Rage before the end of this month!!!

I've played both games quite a bit, especially WrestleMania. I also used to be the owner of a shrink-wrapped, NEW copy of "Primal Rage" 32X (with $64.99 price tag still on the back), which is now a treasured part of a fellow Sega-16'er's 32X collection (and the bane of Guntz's existence, w/ith the sunfading and all).

If at least one review hasn't been submitted to Sega-16 by the end of August 31st, I'll take a voluntary one-month leave from Sega-16!!! Yes, self-punishment, for procrastinating too much. Knocking out a review would honestly be a HUGE personal victory against my lifelong struggle with this illness. Hey, at least since that last post I've sharpened my writing skills by contributing to several Roundtable entries.

Readers and Contributors we still need 32X reviews badly! We are only five games away from a complete 32X review archive. If anyone of you own any games that haven't been reviewed yet then please step forward and help us out.

Here's what's left to be covered

Fifa Soccer '96 - A European exclusive soccer game, I know there are a lot of you from Europe here, soccer is huge there so this should be easy to get reviewed.

Primal Rage - This one is rarer but should still be easy to play and write about.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV - The only Japanese exclusive, this may be hard to cover due to it having a language barrier and being a strategy game. Can anyone be the ultimate stop Gap?

Slam City With Scottie Pippen - A common but bad FMV title. I've tried my hand at it but can't get anywhere with it.

World Series Baseball Starring Deion Sanders. A Baseball game that should also be easy to cover.

If anyone of you can help out here then chime in here and volunteer. You'll have our eternal gratitude.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

Let's try to get some of these last six titles reviewed now that the site is back and running in full glory. You an add Midnight Raiders to the list too. Let's get this section done once and for all.

Love, Peace and Snack Bar Road Rasher VGTM's Avatar

Do we have a review on WWF Raw?
    WARNING: The post above may or may not be utter nonsense, but it's best to assume that it is.

Gunstar Hero Wildside Expert Theretrogamer12345's Avatar

Are any reviews left to do?
    I am known as Theretrogamer12345 on Youtube and Sega-16. I am known as Gunstar Hero on Digital Press. My eBay account is Theretrogamer

[YouTube Link] [eBay Link] [Digital Press Link] [Sega-16 Link]

Quote Originally Posted by Theretrogamer12345 View Post
    Are any reviews left to do?
    As far as the 32X goes, the only two I know of are 'Slam City with Scottie Pippen' (32XCD) and 'Surgical Strike' (32XCD). The 32X version of Surgical Strike was only released in Brazil by TecToy, iirc, and is extremely rare. I think there are only a handful of copies known to exist. So I don't think we're going to see a review for that one for a while (if ever).

Quote Originally Posted by Nuxius View Post
    As far as the 32X goes, the only two I know of are 'Slam City with Scottie Pippen' (32XCD) and 'Surgical Strike' (32XCD). The 32X version of Surgical Strike was only released in Brazil by TecToy, iirc, and is extremely rare. I think there are only a handful of copies known to exist. So I don't think we're going to see a review for that one for a while (if ever).
    Would a review based on the game being emulated while using a real genesis controller through a USB connector be ok? Because I know emulation is sometimes frowned upon but if a game is only released in Brazil I think maybe an exception could be made. Plus if I use a real Genesis controller through a USB converter it will be the closest to the real thing I could get. If the site only wants reviews from real hardware I'm fine with that. I was just wondering how they feel about this. Thanks!

Edit: Unless there isn't a ROM for it online yet I forgot to add.
    I am known as Theretrogamer12345 on Youtube and Sega-16. I am known as Gunstar Hero on Digital Press. My eBay account is Theretrogamer

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

I think someone's already reviewing Slam City 32X, so that leaves Surgical Strike, and:

Edit: Unless there isn't a ROM for it online yet I forgot to add.
    Indeed that is the case, the game is undumped. If it's ever found, it'll be news, though IIRC it's supposedly in Portuguese so it'd best be reviewed by a Brazilian or Portuguese (or Angolan?) forum member.

I have a question, is there an area that site members post all of the 32x/Genesis/Sega CD games that haven't been reviewed? I know all the 32x ones have been done besides Slam City with Scottie Pippen (32XCD) and Surgical Strike (32XCD), but how about Genesis or 32x? I would love to write a review!

What? Shir is gone? Raging in the Streets StarMist's Avatar

I have a question, is there an area that site members post all of the 32x/Genesis/Sega CD games that haven't been reviewed? I know all the 32x ones have been done besides Slam City with Scottie Pippen (32XCD) and Surgical Strike (32XCD), but how about Genesis or 32x? I would love to write a review!
    Scottie Pippen has been submitted.

Here is the list of unreviewed games.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...-in-progress)&

Here is where one announces undertaking a review, and its submission to Melf so he doesn't miss it.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...-amp-Features&

The Review Manifest is found under Submissions on the main page (Sega-16.com---ie not the forums); it provides basic directions and standards. Click Staff to see the email address for submissions (all articles go to Melf).

However there may be a minimum membership period before writing; you might first inquire of Baloo or Melf.

Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    Scottie Pippen has been submitted.

Here is the list of unreviewed games.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...-in-progress)&

Here is where one announces undertaking a review, and its submission to Melf so he doesn't miss it.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...-amp-Features&

The Review Manifest is found under Submissions on the main page (Sega-16.com---ie not the forums); it provides basic directions and standards. Click Staff to see the email address for submissions (all articles go to Melf).

However there may be a minimum membership period before writing; you might first inquire of Baloo or Melf.
    Thanks StarMist for the helpful links/info. Rep given

Thread Information