Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adventures of Mighty Max

Adventures of Mighty Max

Every console since the dawn of time has been burdoned with licensed games. Even to this day, they line the shelves of local game stores, awaiting unsuspecting consumers looking to take an active part in their favorite movies and programs. The problem is that virtually all of these games suffer from one of two problems: weak source material or the developer only having an interest in a simple cash run. Which is The Adventures of Mighty Max? You'll have to read our full review to find out!

I'm glad I can be in the general consensus claiming how much this game sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyT
    I'm glad I can be in the general consensus claiming how much this game sucks!
    i hope theres not a consensus claiming this game is good cause it is definetly one of the worst genesis games ive had to play

Devil In A Midnight Mass WCPO Agent Flash1087's Avatar

It's funny this should get posted today, the first time I ever played this game was on a Super Bowl Sunday after I'd returned home from my grandparent's house.

That said, I didn't much like it. I mean, I still played it since I was a huuuge Mighty Max fan back in the day, but I played it begrudgingly.

ahhhh mighty max. I used to love his toys, they were so cool. I used to lose some of the little people though, but such is life.

I remember renting this game, but I don't remember anything about it. If the review is anything to go by, that's probably a good thing that i've forgotten and I only remember the toys and the cartoon heh.

The toys certainly were awesome. It's too bad that Mighty Max is no longer sold, while Polly Pocket looks poised to carry on for eternity.

The absolute coolest Mighty Max dealie I had was this massive (by Mighty Max scale) fold-out mountain playset. I can't remember offhand what it was called, but needless to say it was awesome.

Wasn't that like half of the toy series?

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

I've never played this game. Emulation or on real hardware. Hmm....
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

i think the toyset drixxel was talking about was like a huge deluxe playset. It was set up like all the normal little ones, fold out playset with tiny figures.

I remember this egyptian one i had that was in the shape of a snake. Now that was pure class.

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

Oh wait, now I remember, I DID play this. It was pretty awful.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

The game was shit, as previously said. But the toys kicked ass. I still have mine. They helped form me into the twisted person I am today.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodger
    i think the toyset drixxel was talking about was like a huge deluxe playset. It was set up like all the normal little ones, fold out playset with tiny figures.

I remember this egyptian one i had that was in the shape of a snake. Now that was pure class.
    That Egyptian one was neat.. the snake once propped up became an integral piece of the stage.

On the weekend I came across a neat little site with photos of the entire Mighty Max line: http://www.virtualtoychest.com/mightymax/mightymax.html.

I had all of the 'Doom Zones' from Series 1 & 2, but none of the 'Horror Heads' ... I only vaguely remember even seeing those for sale.

haha awesome link drixxel! Little Max sure deserved a better game, didn't he?

You know a game is bad if you hated it as a kid. I just remember this game being a total pain in the ass, haven't played it in at least 10 years, I've still got it somewhere. I keep it away from the rest of my Genesis collection though.

I just played this for the first time and oooof... it's pretty bad. The graphics aren't bad but they were converted to the Genesis incorrectly (Max and Bea have see through eyes that obviously shouldn't be like that) compared to the SNES original. The controls and the gameplay is head scratching, I've never known a platformer in my life where a character jumps ridiculously high only to be hit by a tiny thing due to not seeing it before hand. The only good part is the music done by Matt Furniss and he did a good job as always.

I think now I know why people say Ocean was a bit of a dodgy company when you have games like this.

Thread Information