Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Valis: the Fantasm Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
    I HATE bouncing back when I get hit.
    Ah yes, the dreaded Mega Man Syndrome (also known as "Belmont's Disease"). It should have been eradicated along with random battles in RPGs ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    Ah yes, the dreaded Mega Man Syndrome (also known as "Belmont's Disease"). It should have been eradicated along with random battles in RPGs ages ago.

Except in Valis it's far worse than Mega Man.

But, still, neither one holds a candle to the horrible collision effect in Altered Beast.

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    same with revenge of shinobi the bouncing back while you get hit by a ninjutsu star ,Joe isnt the man i tought he was ,a bit of a man rams the ninja star in his chest and continues with a satisfieng yell of pain.
    Last edited by ary incorparated; 11-27-2007 at 11:25 AM.

8 & 16 bit guy Outrunner Bloodreign's Avatar

The first Valis, not the best game on the Genesis, but the game, besides Ghouls N Ghosts, on the Genesis at a time when I didn't like Sega is the game that gave me system envy. Now when I got my Genesis, it took me several years to actually get a Valis title (Valis IV SFC and Syd were my last 2 pickups for the series). But oh was it a purchase I didn't regret, I bought it at a Play N Trade (now closed) 20 miles from my home, no I didn't know they had it there, randomly checked them out. But the joy on my face when I got it, took it home, and fired it up was something I hadn't had in a long time.

Now Valis III was one I got a state away, went 40 miles out of my girlfriends way for (she drove me to Austin, TX for it, after the store in San Antonio, Game Over, looked on their system for Shinobi 3 for myself). Again I went on a mission for Shinobi 3, and saw a boxed Valis 3, both came home with me a week later when vacation ended. I now have both games (Shinobi 3 and Valis III) prominently displayed on one side of my bedroom, a boxed Valis on the other.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodreign View Post
    The first Valis, not the best game on the Genesis, but the game, besides Ghouls N Ghosts, on the Genesis at a time when I didn't like Sega is the game that gave me system envy. Now when I got my Genesis, it took me several years to actually get a Valis title (Valis IV SFC and Syd were my last 2 pickups for the series). But oh was it a purchase I didn't regret, I bought it at a Play N Trade (now closed) 20 miles from my home, no I didn't know they had it there, randomly checked them out. But the joy on my face when I got it, took it home, and fired it up was something I hadn't had in a long time.

Now Valis III was one I got a state away, went 40 miles out of my girlfriends way for (she drove me to Austin, TX for it, after the store in San Antonio, Game Over, looked on their system for Shinobi 3 for myself). Again I went on a mission for Shinobi 3, and saw a boxed Valis 3, both came home with me a week later when vacation ended. I now have both games (Shinobi 3 and Valis III) prominently displayed on one side of my bedroom, a boxed Valis on the other.
    2 great games for the price of 1 there

Thread Information