Quantcast

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: One and only Xbox One Thread

Master of Shinobi TheSonicRetard's Avatar

I have to say, never before have I been so clearly divided between two models of gaming. I fully believe that the open nature of Valve's steambox coupled with the upcoming commercial birth of virtual reality is the correct path of evolution for the medium, and meanwhile I think everything microsoft showed is the wrong path. I eanestly believe, ultimately, VR will be the dominant technology coming out of all of this.

My dream scenario would be that, whenever valve formally announces their first-party steambox, they announce a full partnership with Oculus. An enormous one-two punch.
    A retarded Sonic.

I had little interest in the coming generation of game consoles, but one thing is certain. I will not be buying an Xbox 1. Ever.

ToeJam is a wiener Hero of Algol Guntz's Avatar

Yep, I ain't ever buying an Xbox One either. The first thing that turned me away was the privacy invasive Kinect accessory. I don't want Microsoft to collect information about me, especially not video or audio data. Also, my internet sucks, so an Xbox One wouldn't function anyway.

Captain Bit Master of Shinobi 16-bit's Avatar

But you can play Call of Duty and Madden on it. Therefore it will sell like hotcakes.

Doesn't change the fact that there is seriously a whole lot of nothing this console will be good for. I don't think I've ever had less of a reason to buy a console since, well I can't even remember. What a joke. If Microsoft wants to sell me one of these things they're going to have to update the console to not suck so terribly.

Ninetailed Noob Raging in the Streets KitsuneNight's Avatar

^ until they find out they cant trade in their old annual update for the newest annual update

the xbox one wil sell just enough to justify its excistence
    Kitsune in a hat

Quote Originally Posted by 16-bit View Post
    But you can play Call of Duty and Madden on it. Therefore it will sell like hotcakes.

Doesn't change the fact that there is seriously a whole lot of nothing this console will be good for. I don't think I've ever had less of a reason to buy a console since, well I can't even remember. What a joke. If Microsoft wants to sell me one of these things they're going to have to update the console to not suck so terribly.
    That last line made me laugh.

Letter to MS: "Dear Microsoft, could you please make the Xbox 1 not suck? Thanks. Signed, a concerned gamer."

Another thing the OP forgot about Xbone is legacy gaming (most people forget to mention this when they criticize the console and i think is a very important issue). Think about it. Today, if you have an old cosole in working order you can play games on it. I still play with my PS2/GC. Heck, i still have my working NES/Mega Drive/Snes in working condition and i can play any game i have if i chose so. And even if one of my consoles dies, i can always find another one.

But with Xbone requiring authentication servers for the games to function, what happens when the console becomes obsolete? What will happen to your hypothetical collection? If the servers get shut down because of inactivity or to give way to the next generation, how will these games work? All i'm saying is, will its games still be functional in 15 or 20 years from now?

I don't think they will. Because it doesn't benefit Microsoft and the publishers. Re-playing old games you already paid for isn't profitable for them. Here's what will happen. Once they suck all the profits from xbone, they will force the servers to shut down as fast as they can to force you into buying their next system. And because its not backwards compatible you will have to either: a) Transfer all your games to the new console for a fee, or b) They wont support them at all and they will just re-release them in retro compilations or "4k" updates so you can pay for them full price again. Thus making all your purchases for Xbone useless.

In other words, no software preservation or future retro gaming on Xbone. Whatever you buy for this thing is going to have an expiration date or, at best, you will have to feed it more money to keep it functional.
    Last edited by Soulis; 06-07-2013 at 05:17 AM.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

If Sony follows suit with this type of nonsense as well, maybe that's going to prove an unexpected bonus for the Wii U.
    I'm sure Nintendo can't be displeased with this whole affair.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

wibble wibble mushroom Wildside Expert nemesis enforcer's Avatar

I saw this coming a very long time ago... (Cue mist, dream music, & fade out effect) back in the day we had Atari, Sega, & Nintendo, what have these three names have in common? Games. Now we have Sony & Microsoft, one gave us music on the go and high quality TV's, the other runs a monopoly on PC operating systems. Neither give a rats ass about games, never have, never will. They just want your money. Both these companies have pushed gaming into the mainstream, just like any other art form, when it becomes mainstream it gets diluted into a easy to sell carbon copy of itself. No need for creative ideas or imagination, that is a waste of time and money. Just repackage the same old crap, COD MW anyone?
    NES vs 2600, SNES vs MD/Gen, gave you games of quality, each games company trying to out do the other. Sonic vs Mario. What do we have today? Forza vs Turismo, big deal. What I am basically trying to say is our golden age of gaming has gone, it has been hijacked by the bloodsucking corporate giants, and we won't get it back until they stop making money. Who will dominate the console market next? Starbucks & McDonalds maybe? (Rant mode off)

Genesis STILL does! Outrunner runback22's Avatar

I'm holding out hope for Sony, but I cant say i have much faith. This has to be publisher driven....if thats the case, sony has to be doing the same thing almost. I cannot believe that MS could be this monumentally stupid or this completely arrogant. It has to be something publishers demanded....Doesnt it?

Heres the thing, the used games, always online, and everything else doesnt affect me much. I just hate the whole practice. I hate that even though I buy a physical disc, I still dont own it. Why even have discs? Why didnt you just do DD? Everything MS has said about this console is a joke. Is Sony does the same thing, I'm done. This is a sad day for gaming.

[/url]

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

This shit is hilarious, I can't wait to see what Sony is gonna do with the PS4.

Raging in the Streets mrbigreddog's Avatar

@nemesis enforcer - I totally agree, but you didn't mention Nintendo's new Wii U in that statement. Not everyone is keen on the Wii U, but you have to admit, Nintendo is at least constantly trying new things to make games better, more fun, and different than before. As where Sony & M$ keep with the same format that has worked in the past. And we have a few here that seem like they are gonna get a Wii U based on this information.

Seems like Nintendo is smart to step out of the M$/Sony limelight. They don't want to be associated with this crap!

I think PS4 should be fine, but I just don't think it's a big enough graphical jump from previous gen. And Nintendo gets that too, you can still do beautiful HD games with current gen processors. And on to of that keep cost and price to consumers low.

PS4 will be able to play 4K movie content for thier upcoming 4K TV's.. But no 4K games? Really? What's the point? If its not higher resolution than 1080p, then it's not next gen to me. That should be the next step.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbigreddog View Post
    But no 4K games? Really? What's the point? If its not higher resolution than 1080p, then it's not next gen to me. That should be the next step.
    Dunno, i think the next step should be standardizing things like 60fps on 1080p first. Ever since the PS1/Saturn/N64 generation the standard went down to 20-30fps due to the weak 3D hardware compared to 3D arcades. Now there is no excuse. At this point, a 60fps game at 1080p will make a bigger difference than a 4k game, especially if you don't have a TV that is bigger than 50 inches.

Rogue Master of Shinobi Pulstar's Avatar

Haha, to get a 4K resolution you'll need a GPU that's about as expensive as the consoles themselves. I don't which rich-ass island you live on, but the rest of the world still buys 1080p TVs.

Raging in the Streets mrbigreddog's Avatar

I'm just saying, i dont see a big enough jump for the next gen to be noticeable. Think of the jumps of old... bigger jumps for sure!

Utilize the new PS4's power for VR, then you got a deal!

Thread Information