Quantcast

Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 4 (Official Thread)

Ninetailed Noob Raging in the Streets KitsuneNight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FuturePrimitive View Post
    Day 1 for me. Sony did not disappoint! Outstanding conference!
    i wouldnt go that far
    its just that the alternative was so fucking awfull that all sony had to do was not be like microsoft

and that they did

and yes the news is good
    seems mr sega is the one with sour grapes though
    Kitsune in a hat

RORRING STAAAAART! Master of Shinobi FuturePrimitive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KitsuneNight View Post
    seems mr sega is the one with sour grapes though
    MrSega has sour grapes, because he can't deal with facts. Even after announcements, he said "PS4 owners MUST pay for a PlayStation Plus subscription to use PSN." when in actuality, online multiplayer is becoming a paid service. It should've been that way in the first place, since it's expensive to make online multiplayer work properly. Now PSN will be better for it and will offer more value for the Playstation Plus subscription.

Reviews in the pipeline:
    Choplifter (Master System and SG-1000)
    Ys: The Vanished Omens with FM Sound Patch!

Ninetailed Noob Raging in the Streets KitsuneNight's Avatar

^ cant say i care much about that
    i dont care for online multiplayer to begin with
    and its not much different from xbox gold
    Kitsune in a hat

Old School Sega 4 Ever! Master of Shinobi Lan Di's Avatar

RORRING STAAAAART! Master of Shinobi FuturePrimitive's Avatar

FINISH HIM!

Reviews in the pipeline:
    Choplifter (Master System and SG-1000)
    Ys: The Vanished Omens with FM Sound Patch!

Hero of Algol

Microsoft should save a lot of money now by just saying the screwed up and none of their Big Brother bs will be implemented.
    But, perhaps, that's a big element in their partnerships with companies like EA.

MS has changed for the much worse since Ballmer was powered up; the guy is just a shithead IMO.

I'm impressed by the $400 price point. Considering the power of the console, that's pretty darn good. And the lack of DRM is pretty encouraging. I'll be sitting on the fence for quite a while, since I've got tons of gaming life left on my PS3, but they did enough right that when I decide to upgrade my media center, a PS4 may well fill the bill.

As I've state elsewhere, the Xbox One will never grace my humble abode. I don't care what games Microsoft brings to it, it's just too restrictive. The days of exclusive games selling a console are long gone (at least for me). Most of the great titles are cross platform these days. Any top notch exclusives are just icing on the cake (and all of the big 3 consoles will have a handful of top notch exclusives).

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KitsuneNight View Post
    im not so sure fi it really is that clear cut
    the majority of the mainstream\casual\cod kiddies\madden gamers either dont know about the xbox one drm restrictions or they likley wont care
    and with the EA games on the xbox one it will still fly off the shelves regardless

but sony did from a bombshell on microsoft
    and i have no doubt that the ps4 will do better it will just not be a clear cut victory as you seem to think it will be

regardless sony has got my money
    it will be a clear cut victory because wether a kid or a hardcore gamer. the price counts and ps4 is a lot cheaper. the only reason 360 blew ps3 away in the launch was because it was cheaper. no cod or anything can help that. microsoft will now have to lower their price to at least 400$ but I think their arrogance won't allow that and they will be blown out of the water

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Fan View Post
    Yup. Shame as MS had really stepped up their game in this generation as the 360 was *THE* game system to have out of the three, unlike the original XBox.

Then Microsoft tried to go all "big brother" on gamers with all this crap. I really got the vibe that they figured the rest of the industry wanted that level of sheer CONTROL over its gamers as well, and would follow their lead.

Hell no, MS is left on their own. Hopefully this is a wake-up call and set a future example to others that this kinda crap won't fly.
    no, just no

Banned by Administrators

Nice screenshot Henry.

They sure know how to capitalize on all the goodwill they had. It's still possible that game publishers will try to screw consumers over on used games though.

Rogue Master of Shinobi Pulstar's Avatar

The PS will sweep Europe, the middle east and the Asian market. Japan however is shunning console gaming so it'll be interesting to witness an improbable resurgence for Sony's flagship platform there. Perhaps Sega and Samsung could do a partnership but who am I kidding the consolidation is far too great for a newcomer.

And why are many people yapping about Killer Instinct? The original games were dial-a-combo shitfests.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulstar View Post
    The PS will sweep Europe, the middle east and the Asian market. Japan however is shunning console gaming so it'll be interesting to witness an improbable resurgence for Sony's flagship platform there. Perhaps Sega and Samsung could do a partnership but who am I kidding the consolidation is far too great for a newcomer.

And why are many people yapping about Killer Instinct? The original games were dial-a-combo shitfests.
    ps4 will sweep every region except maybe north america, which is the only region actually in decline anyway. I think europe is already on par with north american market and will definitely overtake it next gen. for japan, yes but ps4 still sold 9 million so far in japan, which isn't any number to spit on. however I got a bit of a ps2 feeling with what I saw at ps4, except the hardware which is cheaper, better and more efficient. but games like kingdom hearts 3 should sell tons in japan

Rogue Master of Shinobi Pulstar's Avatar

I hope Remedy's game comes to Windows eventually. I rather enjoyed Alan Wake. I don't particularly care for XBone's other exclusives, and after Insomniac's terrible Fuse there's no point hyping their next game. Really Insomniac, why break away from exclusive publishing for this now-infamous system?

Thread Information