Quantcast

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Genesis 1 & Mega Drive 1 stereo mod no headphones volume control

Yes I already have a replacement s-video board using the same +5 source and didn't want the audio and video on the same rail if possible. I found that other large +5 source riding alongside the audio filter cap location and took my +5 from there which, is the same +5 from VCC2 that the audio sub section is already using to begin with. Ground is attached off one of the anchor points from the old RF modulator location like you are doing. However, I already had RCAs installed on this Genesis and they are on the far right hand side so my audio wiring is routed roughly the same only along the back side behind the 68k to where it needs to go. I did find something interesting though that perhaps you can confirm?

If I set the volume up really high on my AV receive I can hear some floor noise and I noticed that if I moved the output wires closer or further away from the vram that the noise would get louder or quieter accordingly. So it would seem that routing the audio outputs through or near the vram might cause some noise on the output lines. Did my attachment not work in my post that shows how I wired it all up? It basically looks nearly the same as yours even the wire colors though I used different wire that I had at the ready.

The legendary gargoyle Road Rasher Firebrandx's Avatar

Interesting observation on the noise floor. It was so low as to not even be noticed when I listened to installs on my headphones. Perhaps some coaxial shielded cabling would prevent that on the output lines.

Installed one of these new M1 Mini Mega's into a va6 this weekend along with the still in development M1 Double Mega... here is a sound sample from that setup:

Google Drive Link:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=17G...3mRWwum13DbhEI

Dropbox Link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/r12enzs0y0...M1Amp.wav?dl=0

This is raw unfiltered and unaltered direct audio captured at 24bit 96khz. The highest I can capture through my Zxr via analog.

Thread Information