Quantcast

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253

Thread: wolfenstein 3d demo for sega genesis

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
    I just completed the first episode and can't access the second episode by any mean. Is there anything else needed in order to have it unlocked?
    Not that I know of. Kill Hans Grösse and a message appears saying: 'Episode 2 unlocked'.
    I'm playing the game on the 'I am death incarnate' setting if that makes any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    Not that I know of. Kill Hans Grösse and a message appears saying: 'Episode 2 unlocked'.
    I'm playing the game on the 'I am death incarnate' setting if that makes any difference.
    It does make a difference. I just completed the first episode in 'I am death incarnate' difficulty (tough one) and it got unlocked.

It doesn't stay permanently unlocked though, so you need to keep a E1F9 save in 'I am death incarnate' difficulty and kill Hans Grösse every time you want to start a new game in episode 2.

So episode 3 and onwards are not present/possible to unlock in any way I guess? I'd rather not play episode 2 in 'I am death incarnate' difficulty if it's not really needed.

When I finished episode 2 it did not unlock episode 3. I had no idea that playing on the hardest setting was the only way to unlock episode 2, I just always played it that way.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    When I finished episode 2 it did not unlock episode 3. I had no idea that playing on the hardest setting was the only way to unlock episode 2, I just always played it that way.
    But that's some kind of a bug, because the latest demo is not supposed to have a playable episode 2. It's only supposed to be a demo of episode 1.

Quote Originally Posted by bagmahnutz View Post
    But that's some kind of a bug, because the latest demo is not supposed to have a playable episode 2. It's only supposed to be a demo of episode 1.
    I don't think that's a bug. My guess is this is a secret bonus for those who dare to play and complete the first episode in 'I am death incarnate' difficulty. There's even a 'Episode 2 unlocked' message which has clearly been programmed in.

If it was actually a bug, then surely that wouldn't be present and the game would keep unlocking the rest of episodes in the same way while it doesn't, so it's clearly an intended feature.

All episodes have been programmed in (if his old YouTube videos are anything to go by) so that may be where it comes from, just that the ones beyond the first are meant to be locked out in this specific release. I suppose the idea behind locking out the remaining episodes is to prevent the wrath of Zenimax =P

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Kiwi

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    the idea behind locking out ... episodes is to prevent the wrath of Zenimax =P
    I don't think they really care, though

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Team Saber Rider's Avatar

This project is great but is it possible to to use the less pixelated guns from the Mac/SNES version?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Saber Rider View Post
    This project is great but is it possible to to use the less pixelated guns from the Mac/SNES version?
    I agree if gasega68k add a option to choose the less pixelated Hand/Weapons from Mac, but not include this by default
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Shadow of the Beast II - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2275/

Sunset Riders - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2287/

Turrican - Fixed:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2535/

Vector / Dennab Road Rasher Dennab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    At this point, I really just want to see it completed and released to the public. It's already the miracle of all miracles as it is.
    I agree.

I also forgot this was the 25th anniversary of Wolf3d. @ 10.05 Heck, I would say this version is the best version considering on what it is on how this guy did it too bad they don't know about this homebrew it could have brought awareness to this project which deserves it IMO as this guy indeed performed a miracle and has shared it with us !

Thread Information