Quantcast

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253 LastLast

Thread: wolfenstein 3d demo for sega genesis

Even with them showing the maps of all 60 levels in the hint book?

Yes, because my problem is being unable to tell where I am right now. A hintbook won't help when I can't tell which room it is =P

Amusingly (sadly) this is something that I have a lot of trouble getting people to understand whenever I run into a game where this is an issue for me. Hintbooks simply aren't good enough, needs to be an in-game map showing my current location (even if they conceal any region I haven't accessed yet - think of how the Doom automap works).

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Female sense of direction? (joke)

Teen Idle Raging in the Streets Gogogadget's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Yes, because my problem is being unable to tell where I am right now. A hintbook won't help when I can't tell which room it is =P

Amusingly (sadly) this is something that I have a lot of trouble getting people to understand whenever I run into a game where this is an issue for me. Hintbooks simply aren't good enough, needs to be an in-game map showing my current location (even if they conceal any region I haven't accessed yet - think of how the Doom automap works).
    It's especially not helpful on a game like Wolfenstein when virtually everything looks exactly the same.

Thanks for share gasega, runs great very impressive !

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

I don't know if anyone else has bothered playing through the latest version, but it actually contains the first and second episodes. The second is unlocked upon completion of the first, just like the fv11fix version that was made available a while back.

Having played through it, I can honestly say that I'm very impressed with how well it runs. I think its unlikely that an official release back in the day would have been as good.

Gave it a test this week, and I would say this could have been doable on the Genesis if Id wasn't too focused on Doom. (I like both Doom and Wolfenstein) Does its best with the limited capabilities.

Mega Driven Master of Shinobi cleeg's Avatar

I'm getting excited for the fully finished version. It's a faff unscrewing my MED case which is why I wait for a few things at once. I played to the last level on the previous full version, not only is it amazing in a technical light, it's just a really fun game to play which comes across beautifully in this port.

Road Rasher

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gasega68k again.

Absolutly amazing, Keep up the awesome work.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post

Hint books? Pfft! Forget hint books! Hint books are for wimps! Wolfenstein 3D separates the boys from the men! Now enter the game trooper!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Vector / Dennab Road Rasher Dennab's Avatar

I downloaded the increased resolution/enhanced demo but what was the latest version of the lower resolution whole game wolf3dversion35 or?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennab View Post
    I downloaded the increased resolution/enhanced demo but what was the latest version of the lower resolution whole game wolf3dversion35 or?
    Or what?

I'm pretty sure the complete version of the game hasn't been made available. All versions that I'm aware of are linked in the first post of this thread.

Vector / Dennab Road Rasher Dennab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    Or what?

I'm pretty sure the complete version of the game hasn't been made available. All versions that I'm aware of are linked in the first post of this thread.
    Thank you.

I thought there was a version 35 or 36 or etc (I was way off just 11 versions plus bigger resolution tech demo) of lower resolution as from time to time he would post updates in posts on different pages of this thread but I didn't know it was all posted in post 1 now and I also didn't realize there was 11 versions. I believe v11 is the most complete yes?

Thanks to you I found exactly what I was looking for. I could be wrong but I don't think years ago all the versions were in post 1 but scattered through out the thread. Version "fv11fix" (feb 6, 2015):
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/pkfod5...3d_fv11fix.rar " is what I was after.

I found it in post 478 however appreciated Mad Moham as your knowledge has pointed out I can now find it easily in post 1 with the others.
    Last edited by Dennab; 04-23-2017 at 04:26 AM.

Here is a link of the last version in "demo" version only :
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/7qc5tq...t_demo_ver.rar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has bothered playing through the latest version, but it actually contains the first and second episodes. The second is unlocked upon completion of the first, just like the fv11fix version that was made available a while back.
    I just completed the first episode and can't access the second episode by any mean. Is there anything else needed in order to have it unlocked?

Thread Information