Thread: Sacred Line Genesis: Official Thread

Wildside Expert

Default Sacred Line Genesis / SLG Zero: Official Thread

Digital Version Release date: October 24 2013
    Cartridge Version Release date: February 27 2015
    Digital Version Re-Release date: July 2015

Official Site: http://sashadarko.com/sacred-line-genesis/
    Buy Digital Pack (5.99$ - 9.99$): http://sashadarko.com/darko-products/
    Buy Cartridge Edition (49$ w/ Premium Worldwide Shipping included): http://sashadarko.com/darko-products/

About:
    Sacred Line Genesis is a brand new adventure game which was developed exclusively for the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis videogame system.
    It tells the story of Ellen, a private detective, who is trying to survive in Eastern Europe. Lately detective business, which she inherited from her missing sister Sarah, almost ceased its existence and one day before she was going to close her office she got an anonymous call. The unknown asked her to find some hidden forest outpost and told her about its position. That was just the beginning.

Features:
    - High quality 3D graphics (highly recommended to play on CRT TV)
    - WAV soundtrack (which sounds like a GBA output, it also won't be slow for PAL users)
    - Unique and memorable setting, story and environments
    - Text-based dice fighting system (ideally you need a dice...but you can also play without it)
    - More than 20 endings: normal, secret and deaths, deaths, deaths
    - Don’t be frustrated: if you die, you’ll start from the last checkpoint
    - In-game enclyclopedia will help you learn more about characters
    - Any buyer will be added to a special list: it means you will get discounts and special bonuses for all further products. Money is support and support will not be forgotten.

Screenshots:

Reviews:
    All reviews are coming from the buyers only, because no press copies were sent by the publisher. You can read and watch them here:
    http://sashadarko.com/sacred-line-genesis/

----------------- SACRED LINE ZERO PROTOTYPE --------------------

Sacred Line Zero Prototype Is Now Available For Everyone.

This is a 2015 April draft which was revised by me today (April 10 2018) before making it public. Fixed many text parts and fixed some crashes.

It shows about 10-15% of the game, overall it was supposed to be at least 2-3 times bigger than Sacred Line Genesis.

The gameplay of the prequel was inspired by Divi-Dead (1998). There are more interaction options and I tried to add an open-world feel to gameplay using direction choices.

Download it here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vltj95fus4...it%29.bin?dl=0
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sashadarko; 04-10-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Very cool! If you're looking for help doing a limited cartridge run there are many people on Nintendo Age that seem to do these. Uncle Tusk, the Nolan Bros, and dr6oon come to mind off the top of my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

Very cool stuff!

Personally I would suggest that you fix that audio/shadow thing and again try to get Watermelon to publish it,
    these people know what they're doing, and the Sega community is a great one, I'm sure you could find the help you need.

Voice of NeverNeverLand Master of Shinobi Waterfaller's Avatar

I can't wait, this looks REALLY cool!

Nooooooooooooob Sports Talker

Fantastic project, massive props to you and anyone else that worked on this. I have so much love for you all making these homebrew games.
    I played a little of the demo then on my everdrive and I was hooked pretty quick. The style and story seems really new (to the megadrive) and engaging.

One critacism. The english. It needs a bit of work before release IMO. There are a lot of gramatical errors (like my writing here) and some words and phrases that need changing. I am sure some people here would help you to go over the dialog if you like.

Great project mate, awesome. Keep it up!

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Very cool! If you're looking for help doing a limited cartridge run there are many people on Nintendo Age that seem to do these. Uncle Tusk, the Nolan Bros, and dr6oon come to mind off the top of my head.
    Thanks, I'll look what is there, but if it's a system "give the money first and get the carts later" then I'll pass. I don't have money to invest and I'm living in a horrible country with a most horrible postal service which losing and stealing a lot of import packages, I wouldn't be able to receive the carts at all, only one or two. Plus a run less than 300-500 copies would be pointless and very expensive. Especially if it will be outside of China.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyus View Post
    Fantastic project, massive props to you and anyone else that worked on this. I have so much love for you all making these homebrew games.
    I played a little of the demo then on my everdrive and I was hooked pretty quick. The style and story seems really new (to the megadrive) and engaging.

One critacism. The english. It needs a bit of work before release IMO. There are a lot of gramatical errors (like my writing here) and some words and phrases that need changing. I am sure some people here would help you to go over the dialog if you like.

Great project mate, awesome. Keep it up!
    Not a lot, but today I got the most latest corrections from Zebastian (WM) and already reuploaded the demo. Now you can even teach kids English with it.
    No one knows, but a lot of time (like weeks) was spent to correct grammar/spelling, four people (including myself) were involved just for that.

Wildside Expert

Out now - http://sashadarko.com/genesis.html
    Press Buy Now button on the site or make it old school - paypal is earth_incubator@yahoo.com, the same mail can be used for contact.
    Additional proofreading was made by Zebastian from Watermelon, I implemented his corrections to both Demo and Release versions.

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

Are these graphics your original work or did you borrow them from someplace else ?
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Spectral Savant WCPO Agent negative chill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Christuserloeser View Post
    Are these graphics your original work or did you borrow them from someplace else ?
    It originally was a game he made for PC then he converted it into a Genesis title. Can't imagine how much work it took

“The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn’t understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.”—Eric Schmidt

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

I'm interested.

Please, oh please. Don't let this be another "Hangman".

[EDIT] Nvrmind. I just went to the site. Looks like a ROM is all that's on sale. This is starting to sound as relevant as a download-only title.

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by negative chill View Post
    It originally was a game he made for PC then he converted it into a Genesis title. Can't imagine how much work it took
    Interesting! It seems the visual quality suffered greatly during the conversion process. I wonder how much can be done on improving the color conversion from the original graphics to something that meets the MD's limitations yet preserves as many colors as possible.
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Spectral Savant WCPO Agent negative chill's Avatar

Interesting! It seems the visual quality suffered greatly during the conversion process. I wonder how much can be done on improving the color conversion from the original graphics to something that meets the MD's limitations yet preserves as many colors as possible.
    He should also consider making a Sega CD version that just plays like an FMV, which isn't to say I mind it how it already is...

“The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn’t understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.”—Eric Schmidt

You're awesome. This game looks so incredible. I hope there will be a cartridge version.

Wildside Expert

Here's a quote from the game manual (from me):
    "This is a one-main project by Sasha Darko. I made everything, from the 3d scenes and art direction to soundtrack and writing. However, I’m not that hardcore and modelled only a few 3D models (one of them is Matriarchatter, a monster which is looking at you right now from the shadows of the cover for this manual), and used a lot of free-to-use 3d models from various model sites."

So yes, this game is all about exclusive content and lots of work. Months of work in total.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sashadarko View Post
    Here's a quote from the game manual (from me):
    "This is a one-main project by Sasha Darko. I made everything, from the 3d scenes and art direction to soundtrack and writing. However, I’m not that hardcore and modelled only a few 3D models (one of them is Matriarchatter, a monster which is looking at you right now from the shadows of the cover for this manual), and used a lot of free-to-use 3d models from various model sites."

So yes, this game is all about exclusive content and lots of work. Months of work in total.
    Free to use models tend to be free to use in none profit making projects. . . Mmm sounds like it could potentially be a toxic legal nightmare unless the sites you took them from stated they didn't care what the models were used for.

Thread Information