Quantcast

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Sacred Line Genesis: Official Thread

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    Free to use models tend to be free to use in none profit making projects. . . Mmm sounds like it could potentially be a toxic legal nightmare unless the sites you took them from stated they didn't care what the models were used for.
    ...free-to-use in commercial projects. Don't worry, I checked.
    It would be a nightmare to make models for everything alone. I think developers who will try to do something like that will end in the asylum counting polygons in the objects around them.
    Last edited by sashadarko; 10-24-2013 at 02:56 PM.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Cool, fingers crossed you get watermelon to publish it
    Last edited by matteus; 10-24-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Road Rasher

Just purchased my copy. It's always great to see anything new for the Mega Drive / Genesis. I know a lot of work went into this project, and I am always happy to support homebrew. Congrats on a job well done!

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by john8248 View Post
    Just purchased my copy. It's always great to see anything new for the Mega Drive / Genesis. I know a lot of work went into this project, and I am always happy to support homebrew. Congrats on a job well done!
    Thanks a lot for support!

-----------------------------------

So far only four unique packs have been purchased and none of standard ones.
    I'd like to indicate that unique packs are...unique, they will remain download-only exclusive in any case, since such thing is possible only digitally. I change the project source for its every buyer to make a special pack just for YOU

I updated the manual today (corrected some mistakes, thanks to Zebbe) and compiled it as PDF, will send it ASAP to the customers who got the first version.

Also, I'm counting people who would buy the cartridge version. You can post your will here or PM me, if you're too shy. We (me and some people around) need to know how much people would buy the cart.

Nooooooooooooob Sports Talker

I just ordered the standard one. Gotta support these guys! It will be played on my everdrive on real hardware too.
    Maybe go over to the everdrive forums http://krikzz.com/forum/ and post there as well?

If it's got a box and manual, I'd buy a cartridge version. What would the price be?

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    If it's got a box and manual, I'd buy a cartridge version. What would the price be?
    100% with box and manual.
    The price depends on publisher and method of production.
    There is an opportunity for 100-copies limited handmade CIB edition by some guy, it will cost about 45-50$, I believe. But only if he will find enough 4MB carts, they are not common.
    If it would be publisher like WM, it would be a factory run of 500 copies, it would be cheaper, but quality will be good anyway.
    Definitely not 60$, I think it's too high for any kind of production. I'll try to keep the price under 50$, even if some things would need to be cut/make cheaper.

Road Rasher

I would certainly purchase a cartridge version - even after buying the unique ROM. I have it on my EverDrive, but nothing is better than an official cart. $50 shipped seems fair for any new Genesis / Mega Drive game.
    Last edited by john8248; 10-27-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sashadarko View Post
    100% with box and manual.
    The price depends on publisher and method of production.
    There is an opportunity for 100-copies limited handmade CIB edition by some guy, it will cost about 45-50$, I believe. But only if he will find enough 4MB carts, they are not common.
    If it would be publisher like WM, it would be a factory run of 500 copies, it would be cheaper, but quality will be good anyway.
    Definitely not 60$, I think it's too high for any kind of production. I'll try to keep the price under 50$, even if some things would need to be cut/make cheaper.
    I implore you that you don't go the 'Hang-Man' route. I wouldn't even mind donating towards an honest print run with box and manual built from scratch. Count me in if you're going for hard copies.

I like the overuse of the word "fuckin". I would suggest fucking or fuckin'.

RORRING STAAAAART! Master of Shinobi FuturePrimitive's Avatar

I'll give the demo a try! I'll probably buy the downloadable version at the very least. Just in time for Halloween!

Thanks for making something new for the Genesis!

Reviews in the pipeline:
    Choplifter (Master System and SG-1000)
    Ys: The Vanished Omens with FM Sound Patch!

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    I implore you that you don't go the 'Hang-Man' route. I wouldn't even mind donating towards an honest print run with box and manual built from scratch. Count me in if you're going for hard copies.
    What all this Hangman stuff is about? Actually I asked its publisher (dra600n) for this limited run.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    I like the overuse of the word "fuckin". I would suggest fucking or fuckin'.
    I wouldn't say it's overused, but it's not rare either. Just a part of the Ellen character.
    But I believe all "fuckin" were replaced with "fucking" in the last correction.

I would like to buy a cartridge copy too. If you get dra600n as a publisher make sure the games will be send outside of the USA too. I had this problem with Fix it Felix, which he refused to send outside the USA till the very last days which forced me to buy a copy at Ebay for a huge amount of money.

Nooooooooooooob Sports Talker

Look at how many have bought it so far as a guide to cart sales. Prob not many.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I would like to buy a cartridge copy too. If you get dra600n as a publisher make sure the games will be send outside of the USA too. I had this problem with Fix it Felix, which he refused to send outside the USA till the very last days which forced me to buy a copy at Ebay for a huge amount of money.
    Hmmm, it's good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyus View Post
    Look at how many have bought it so far as a guide to cart sales. Prob not many.
    A depressive statement which has nothing to do with reality. Digital sales for such things don't predict the number of physical ones.
    I wouldn't lie if I say that 80-90% of people who play retro games always prefer physical releases over digital ones.
    Last edited by sashadarko; 10-28-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Thread Information