Quantcast

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Complete list of New Sega Genesis Games and Ports

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training LIZARDRIVE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nemezes View Post
    nice game, really colorful. whats the main gameplay, is it to complete many tasks? I saw there is some place to give fast answer to questions; another one was to click fast a device in some amount of time.
    Thank you. All our GFX are handled by @iamgunpog.

The game itself is a collection of mini games, with a main scenario and side quests around.
    Demo will cover one level and its related mini game, as well as one side quest which eventually allows you to play an hidden mini game.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training nemezes's Avatar

there is this game from a friend of mine: Journey to Oblivion, it is at itchio.

for 2 dollars you can download and play the first level of the game and also help them to finish the game.

https://mega-studios-jto.itch.io/journey-to-oblivion

video preview:

new minigame for Mega Drive. download for free at: http://nemezes.itch.io/mutuca.

it was made using SecondBASIC.

I joined forces with a friend and we are working in the 2nd version, with graphics and sounds.

video preview (of version 1, prototype - with no sounds and no graphics):
    Last edited by nemezes; 12-14-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

Journey to Oblivion is looking really nice! Any chance of it getting a physical release when it's finished?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Ball Gamer View Post
    Journey to Oblivion is looking really nice! Any chance of it getting a physical release when it's finished?
    They plan to release it in cartridges. Maybe a kickstarter to make the cartridges.

Goof troop demo, made in SGDK by a brazilian dev.

He intends to make an original game using the same mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    Metal Blast 2277, from the Russian dev SegaTim, is now shipping. He asked to pass the message here.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/223762219793
    Demo: http://romhacking.ru/load/0-0-1-301-20
    I actually did purchase this and it is pretty cool Contra like game with Duke like character tossed in. However, on my OSSC setup with HDretrovision cables, the game's 320 mode does something quite odd. I've never seen a Genesis game do this before and if I switch my profile to 256 mode it cleans it up a bit, but then is all out of phase so tons of ghosting on the edges with no amount of adjustment able to make it totally clear. Since the game doesn't do this on the title screen and intro cutscene, I've assume it is something the programmer is doing to create the parallax as this only happens on the parallax screens that I can see. Anyone have anything similar they've seen like this?

https://youtu.be/3BN-qF2rzCw

Quote Originally Posted by nemezes View Post
    Goof troop demo, made in SGDK by a brazilian dev.

He intends to make an original game using the same mechanics.

This homebrew is so relevant that I think it deserves its own thread, same as Megaman X, Shinobi or Wolfenstein 3D.

The build in its current state is better played on emulators, since it gives a lot of crashes/fatal errors on real hardware at random places. Pretty much unplayable on console.

Let's hope not only this is polished but also completed as a full game (even if it's original and not identical to the SNES game). The fate of the Mega Drive homebrew conversion of Megaman X, for example, seems to be uncertain.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
    This homebrew is so relevant that I think it deserves its own thread, same as Megaman X, Shinobi or Wolfenstein 3D.

The build in its current state is better played on emulators, since it gives a lot of crashes/fatal errors on real hardware at random places. Pretty much unplayable on console.

Let's hope not only this is polished but also completed as a full game (even if it's original and not identical to the SNES game). The fate of the Mega Drive homebrew conversion of Megaman X, for example, seems to be uncertain.
    I played through this whole demo today but no error or bug accured at all. I was using the EverdriveX7 and a Mega Drive 1.
    But I have to agree: This is so awesone it deserves its own thread. I hope it will be finished.

new previews of mutuca. now I am making it in SGDK. first prototype was made in SecondBASIC
    (first prototype download: nemezes.itch.io/mutuca)

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    I actually did purchase this and it is pretty cool Contra like game with Duke like character tossed in. However, on my OSSC setup with HDretrovision cables, the game's 320 mode does something quite odd. I've never seen a Genesis game do this before and if I switch my profile to 256 mode it cleans it up a bit, but then is all out of phase so tons of ghosting on the edges with no amount of adjustment able to make it totally clear. Since the game doesn't do this on the title screen and intro cutscene, I've assume it is something the programmer is doing to create the parallax as this only happens on the parallax screens that I can see. Anyone have anything similar they've seen like this?

https://youtu.be/3BN-qF2rzCw
    Is it possible that it's using the 320X448 interlaced mode? That would be really weird, but that was the first thing that came to mind for me, since the OSSC doesn't de-interlace and it would explain your display needing to resync. Does the 2-player mode in Sonic 2 have similar issues on your setup? I think the 240p Test Suite also has a 480i mode that you could use for comparison.

As an aside I'm curious as to why you'd use Retrovision cables with your OSSC instead of just doing straight RGB. I have those cables too, but if I had an OSSC they'd be gone in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I played through this whole demo today but no error or bug accured at all. I was using the EverdriveX7 and a Mega Drive 1.
    But I have to agree: This is so awesone it deserves its own thread. I hope it will be finished.

Never mind, I already solved it. It was a problem with an unstable firmware of Mega Everdrive v1 (very outdated, I know, I plan to solve this soon).

I realized this because I was having similar problems with the new builds of the G-Zero and Shinobi homebrews and even with the Akira prototype, testing all of them both with my Mega Drive 1 and my Sega Nomad, so there was definitely something wrong not with my setup but with the flashcart.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

Quote Originally Posted by Assman View Post
    Is it possible that it's using the 320X448 interlaced mode? That would be really weird, but that was the first thing that came to mind for me, since the OSSC doesn't de-interlace and it would explain your display needing to resync. Does the 2-player mode in Sonic 2 have similar issues on your setup? I think the 240p Test Suite also has a 480i mode that you could use for comparison.

As an aside I'm curious as to why you'd use Retrovision cables with your OSSC instead of just doing straight RGB. I have those cables too, but if I had an OSSC they'd be gone in a heartbeat.
    I will have to fire up Sonc2 2-player mode again to see. But I can tell you that I recently upgraded the FW on the OSSC and have noticed that the 480i mode on the 240p[ test suite will now throw my TV into an unsupported display mode error, where it didn't before and basically didn't change at all. So I'm also curious if it might not be the newest FW on the OSSC having issues with my TV.

Okay, So the Sonic 2 2 player screen looks find minus some noise lines on the top of the player 2 image. However, the audio keeps cutting out in that video mode and that is new and didn't happen before with the older FW. I tried changing the audio between the 2x = 48khz and 96khz and the 48khz setting actually cuts out even more. So something in the difference in the video mode for Sonic 2 does at least cause some issue with the OSSC for audio. But the image itself looks fine if a tad on the semi fuzzy side and not as clear as the normal single player mode looks. I might just have to go back to the previous firmware to see if that helps etc. but not looking forward to re-keying and dialing in all my settings again. Too bad FirebrandX seems to have removed all of his settings from his page and now only mainly has the new json profiles for the new FW.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

archive.org may have the old page.

Thread Information