Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interest check: Sega CD "beat-'em-all" for 2014?

Formerly segafan1989 Master of Shinobi 4Runner's Avatar

This sounds like it's a go. Once I get back home on 3 Jan, I'll start on Android Assault and Snatcher. If someone else beats it first then good for them. Let's make it happen folks!! IT CAN BE DONE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Splatterhouse5 View Post
    Doh! I sold all of my Sega CD stuff like a year and a half ago. Would have loved the opportunity to play Shining Force CD again for this. I probably would have laid claim to Hook and Prince of Persia since they aren't particularly popular games on the SCD, and I can beat them in about a half hour each.
    Hey buddy, can you clear out some PM's in your inbox? I can't message you because it's full.

I'll take Sonic CD.

Quote Originally Posted by superandroidtron View Post
    I'll take Sonic CD.
    Nice choice. I have yet to complete that one.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tim333 View Post
    It equals 353 games for 2014. We managed at least 515 this year, but a lot of that was the topic being really active at the start when people seemed excited about it. People seem fatigued of it now. In my opinion, it might be a better idea to just try and finish off the Genesis for now and save the addons for another time.
    From a numerical point of view I certainly see your point, but I also think that a fresh set of games will help invigorate things, and that energy might carry over to the Genesis effort, where many of the remaining titles are kind of a hassle and/or sports games. Fortunately there's not too much on the Sega CD that's a pain, and comparatively few sports titles as well.

Still, we'll need people to beat not just the Sonics, Popful Mails, and Snatchers, but also games like Supreme Warrior, ESPN Baseball Tonight, and Racing Aces. So everybody, don't bail out after you've cherry-picked the best! And remember, emulation is OK, so even if you've sold your Sega CD rig (or never had one) you can still participate.

^^I'm gonna have to recap my SCD after I destroy it from playing so many games on it. Hopefully the disc tray won't fail or that too will become a fix...hahaha

I've got a few sega CD games but haven't beaten any of them. this could give me a good reason to HAVE to beat them. I'll try silpheed and either Lunar:SSS or Jurassic Park... or all 3!

There can be only one. WCPO Agent synbiosfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robotscandance View Post
    I'll try silpheed and either Lunar:SSS or Jurassic Park... or all 3!
    If you have too much trouble with Silpheed, look up the invulnerability code to at least see all of it. Great game!
    Diabetes sucks!

WCPO Agent Cornelius Spunkwater's Avatar

I'll join in. I've got a fistful of games to knock out.

Quote Originally Posted by segafan1989 View Post
    Nice choice. I have yet to complete that one.
    It's actually pretty overrated. It's definitely the weakest of the 16-bit Sonic games IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by robotscandance View Post
    I'll try silpheed and either Lunar:SSS or Jurassic Park... or all 3!
    Someone please tell me what has to be done to defeat the last boss in Silpheed!
    And while you're at it, tell me how the heck to make any progress in Jurassic Park!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Zz Badnusty View Post
    Someone please tell me what has to be done to defeat the last boss in Silpheed!
    And while you're at it, tell me how the heck to make any progress in Jurassic Park!?!
    Hehe...I hadn't played Jurassic Park SCD until around a few years ago. I simply didn't have the time nor the patience to make any meaningful progress in it, and I don't think it would have made much of a difference had I played it BITD. There's actually quite a few SCD and 3DX games that I've played for the first time in recent years that gave me that "ugh, I don't have time for this shit" kinda feeling.

RORRING STAAAAART! Master of Shinobi FuturePrimitive's Avatar

I've got a few games I've been playing recently like: Lunar: Eternal Blue, Lords of Thunder, Silpheed, Wing Commander, etc etc.

No, I don't know how to beat the last boss in Silpheed. I'll let you know if I do!

Reviews in the pipeline:
    Choplifter (Master System and SG-1000)
    Ys: The Vanished Omens with FM Sound Patch!

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Splatterhouse5 View Post
    There's actually quite a few SCD and 3DX games that I've played for the first time in recent years that gave me that "ugh, I don't have time for this shit" kinda feeling.
    ...but of course, those are the games we'll need help with the most.

In other news,

the official thread is now open!

So everyone head on over there and, when it turns January 1st in your time zone, have at it.

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

Can I make a request even though I have barely contributed to the Genesis thread? If we are going to include the add-ons can each thread include links to the others for quick reference? When I get a spare moment and feel in the mood it would be nice to be able to quickly skim through what Genesis, CD and 32X games haven't been claimed/beaten yet. Just a link for all three threads with that nice completion line on top of each thread is all that I would need. I can make it a point to keep them all bookmarked locally instead though, it just isn't quite as in the face.

Thread Information