Quantcast

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Sega-16 Beat Every Sega CD Game in 2014? - The Official Thread!

Im approved still working on Dark Wizard lot longer than I remembered , also trying to beat the dreaded Blackhole Assualt and Silpheed but being no saves on them they are more of a pain than Dark Wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    ^Heh, that's a funny ending.

BTW a new user, douglie007, is starting work on Dark Wizard. For some reason he hasn't been able to post yet, but I've been in contact with the mods and hopefully he'll be able to join us shortly.

Also, my fiancée and I have started on Jurassic Park, though that might be a while.

NHL941.jpg NHL942.jpg NHL943.jpg NHL944.jpg NHL945.jpg

Completed NHL94 7 game playoffs. Detroit gave me a run for my money in the semifinals many overtime games and a few upset loses. New York got destroyed, and the Stanley Cup goes to the Blackhawks game five in Chicago.

Great hockey game I enjoyed it on the Sega CD. I didn't mind the seven second loading screen before each game although the goalie image with the EA jersey is an eye sore. I like how it keeps track of user records if you remember to turn that feature on.

I wish NHL96 was also on the Sega CD.
    Last edited by Creek Indian; 01-21-2014 at 08:56 PM.
    W E L C O
    M E T O T
    H E N E X
    T
    L E V E L

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

^Awesome, nice work.

The medium-sized mang. Raging in the Streets Lastcallhall's Avatar

Update on Snatcher: I'm up to Act 2, but I've been busy with a few things. Should have a chance to log some more hours into it tonight.

Formerly segafan1989 Master of Shinobi 4Runner's Avatar

I ceased on Terminator. The factory level just kept taking me out and I got tired of it. Someone else can tackle that beast, I'm moving on to Keio Flying Squadron.

Snatcher is DONE! Man, Gillian was one of the luckiest bastards in video game history, with so many good looking women all around him and wanting him 24/7! Anyhow, I finished a 6 pack and finished this game at the same time so, enjoy!

Last edited by Lastcallhall; 01-25-2014 at 04:53 AM.

Just an update. I'm not going to bother with Vay, but I am still playing Flink every few days. The lack of save system in Flink and the time needed to go through it, is what holds me back. If someone wants to play through it, be my guest. Otherwise, I'll eventually get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgamer View Post
    Just an update. I'm not going to bother with Vay, but I am still playing Flink every few days. The lack of save system in Flink and the time needed to go through it, is what holds me back. If someone wants to play through it, be my guest. Otherwise, I'll eventually get there.
    I might tackle Vay- I've tried to get into it a few times over the years, but I never made it through. Anyone else, please feel free to step in though; After Lunar and Snatcher literally back to back, I might go for Sewer Shark or some other "quickie" title to cleanse the palette.

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lastcallhall View Post
    Snatcher is DONE! Man, Gillian was one of the luckiest bastards in video game history, with so many good looking women all around him and wanting him 24/7! Anyhow, I finished a 6 pack and finished this game at the same time so, enjoy!
    your first time? what did you think?

Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    your first time? what did you think?
    Oh heavens no - I've owned Snatcher since sometime around 1995; I picked it up at Best Buy along with Eternal Champions: CftDS - one of my best purchases of all time. I actually got the only copy of each game they had in stock, and its a good thing I did, as both provided me with some great gaming moments. I haven't played Snatcher in close to a decade, though - I always started a new game, but then life got in the way in some form or another. With this thread, I figured it was a good time to revisit some of the games I havent played in a while, so naturally this was on my list. In looking at it now as opposed to 10 years ago, however, I came away with a few different viewpoints than what I would have had as a player in my 20s:

First, I now realize how much of a waste having a 3rd act is. It's 90% exposition/storytelling, and while I don't mind the content, Konami didn't need to create a superfluous 3rd act around it all - just show us the same stuff at the end of act 2 and be done with it.

Secondly, man, this is storytelling, and it still amazes me how little coverage this game got back in the day. Even though what coverage the game did get was great, it hardly registered on the gaming radar.

Third, I'm glad I came back to this game. I've spent so much time over the past 3 years modding systems (has it really been that long?), that I forgot how good it was to sit down and actually play a game with so much substance. I used to think that I was just growing out of gaming, but as I played through snatcher, I realized that modern gaming has actually lost a lot in terms of a soul. I don't resonate with modern gaming as much because there's not much substance to be had out there these days. And while I admit that there are some good gaming experiences to be had on modern consoles, they are really few and far between. I'd much rather take the time to sit down and play a game I've played dozens of times before like Lunar or Snatcher, than to pick up the latest and greatest shooter and lose interest within a couple of hours.

so anyone tried to play ESPN NBA Hangtime '95, I tried to play a tournament, I play one game and when I get back to the Schedule screen I cant pick another game. Don't know if its my game, system or just a buggy game.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Aarzak was having all kinds of trouble with NBA Hang Time in the other thread, so I'm not surprised that it's causing problems in its Sega CD incarnation. I hope someone can help, since I don't know anything about the game.

Add Sewer Shark to my done pile. A quick and cheezy on rails shooter that wasn't half bad all these years later. Then again, I love b-movie humor so this was right up my alley. Some pics:

Beat Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Darkside last night with Blade:

This was done on warrior (normal) difficulty, as champion (hard) is fucking impossibru.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastcallhall View Post
    Beat Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Darkside last night with Blade:

This was done on warrior (normal) difficulty, as champion (hard) is fucking impossibru.
    How many controllers did that destroy?

Thread Information