Quantcast

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: pier solar on the dreamcast

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

I say release a fixed pressed SCD disc at the same time you release the DC game.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlecRob View Post
    I say release a fixed pressed SCD disc at the same time you release the DC game.
    I'd get it, I need a replacement disc for the piece of shit disc I ended up with.

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    that's why they stopped including the cd's in the package and you can now burn them yourselves with no problems
    That is funny, I saw a reissue maybe last year or 2 selling cart + cd. So for years the "fixed" cd-r been out, but during that time they still sold editions with cart + bad pro cd, years after initial release. Unless companies/pro sites other than WM were selling those editions? At any rate, the problem should have been resolved after initial release. A cd-r sent to everyone who bought a bad pro cd and the cancellation of the issues of pro cart + pro cd after problem was known, at the very least. I hope the dc (cd-r, ooppss gd-rom maybe ha) version doesn't suffer the bad pressing problem. No WM didn't press it themselves, but another company should have been found to press a better cd in reissues after initial release.

Being this is only a PS ED release, meaning 80% of screen showing and it's not really a PS HD release for dc and also the pro sega cd debacle, I will wait to buy this for my dc.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

I already paid for my DC version when they first started taking pre-orders. I hope they take out the mandatory "bonus levels" and allow for them to be played as such (as a bonus, not mandatory). Either way, I'm really looking forward to seeing this baby redone/remastered. I'm already getting this "Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete" anticipation. I can't wait.

P.S.> For me, I don't see the point of getting this game outside a SEGA platform. But that's just me speaking as a collector and a purist. I'm sure the other HD versions will also be great. I just hope there isn't much difference among them, though.

the game looks nice, but it's more appealing to me as a genesis cart.

will preorder a reprint. Do they charge when you order or when they have it ready?

Banned by Administrators

^ Let me know if they still sell that fucked up pro segacd cd (disc) with cart, ok.

So's your old man! Raging in the Streets zetastrike's Avatar

I'd rather play it as a Genesis game, but it can reach more people this way. Is the Genesis version going to be available for DL or just the enhanced game?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon
    Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.
    My Collection: http://vgcollect.com/zetastrike

Banned by Administrators

^ What ? There is no genesis PS HD version. There already exists a partial PS genesis rom on internet though.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

I don't think you guys are grasping the concept here. Pier Solar HD will effectively be a different game than its 16-bit counterpart. Think Lunar The Silver Star on the Sega CD, then think Silver Star Story Complete on the next generation (i.e.-Saturn, PS1).

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    I don't think you guys are grasping the concept here. Pier Solar HD will effectively be a different game than its 16-bit counterpart. Think Lunar The Silver Star on the Sega CD, then think Silver Star Story Complete on the next generation (i.e.-Saturn, PS1).
    Besides smoothed out better graphics, I'm pretty sure it is just the same as the Genesis version, content-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    Besides smoothed out better graphics, I'm pretty sure it is just the same as the Genesis version, content-wise.
    Yeah, i don't think they will include animated cutscenes , voice acting and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottino View Post
    Yeah, i don't think they will include animated cutscenes , voice acting and such.
    I'm fine with what they are doing, but I have to admit that part of me thinks that would have been kind of neat, as they could do a Sega CD version of the game with all that.

My game freezes. I bought it back then when it was released but it rested unopened on the shelf until two weeks ago. Now I have a bad issue. During the "sacrifise-ending" after the talk with Muerto the screen stays black and the music gets broken like on a scratched CD. But my CD isin mint condition. I tried it three times always with the same issue. The rest of the game plays fine. I couldnt test it on another Dreamcast yet. Does anyone else had a similar issue with the game?

You could test the game on an emulator such as nullDC or Demul to identify if it's a problem with your copy of the game or your DC.
    [ QCF, HCB + K ]

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    My game freezes. I bought it back then when it was released but it rested unopened on the shelf until two weeks ago. Now I have a bad issue. During the "sacrifise-ending" after the talk with Muerto the screen stays black and the music gets broken like on a scratched CD. But my CD isin mint condition. I tried it three times always with the same issue. The rest of the game plays fine. I couldnt test it on another Dreamcast yet. Does anyone else had a similar issue with the game?

I tried 2 Pier Solar games on three different Dreamcasts (that makes 6 different combinations) but the error occured everytime. I cannot imagine that 3 Dreamcasts or 2 Pier Solars are broken. So I want to ask somebody to try and test it himself please. I use a pal Dreamcast, a pal Pier Solar game, a scart cable as connection between TV and DC and I played in german language using the 50Hz setting. Can someone please try it this way and tell me the result? I have no clue why its happening.

Edit: See the video containig the issue but be aware of MINOR spoilers:
    https://youtu.be/VDURnryM2v4
    Last edited by Raistlin; 07-02-2018 at 04:45 AM.

Thread Information