Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: JVC X'Eye model variation?

  1. #1
    Outrunner Segaedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    18

    Default JVC X'Eye model variation?

    I have had around 8 to 10 JVC X'Eye systems in the past, some with a few minor differences here and there but I've never seen this particular revision with the different cd lid shape. Seems to be the standard X'Eye with the common RCA jacks, 9 mini pin AV port, and of course no s-video or midi port.

    Anyone here has it, or knows if it is a Japanese release, or some kind of mod?. I know the X'Eye is considered to be the American counterpart of the Japanese Wondermega 2, but this???











    You can see more of it here: http://archive.kaskus.co.id/thread/12294149/440

  2. #2
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Borington
    Posts
    505
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Interesting. Hopefully the masters of this stuff can shed some light.

  3. #3
    Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest USA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,246
    Rep Power
    67

    Default

    That is weird. It looks like it was done to retain support for putting a 32X in the cartridge slot and still being able to swap discs.

    On most models, if you have a 32X in an X'Eye it's very hard to swap discs because the top of it hangs over the disc tray. If you had the corner of the disc cover cut off like is shown in those pictures it would make swapping discs a lot easier. However, it would be odd (and not very consumer friendly IMHO) to have to put the CD game in at a funky angle like that.

    That leads me to think that this is either a very late revision in the hardware, (possibly a prototype revision) or maybe something custom someone did. If we had a picture of the serial/sticker on the bottom it would go a long way to finding out more about the unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

  4. #4
    Road Rasher douglie007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I have 2 X'Eyes and they are the same as that. Did you open one up and see if theres a version number on the board? I will check mine tomorrow and see if they have one. ... sense we are on the subject would you happen to have an X'eye branded controller you would like to trade off or sell. I bought my 2 as parts and fixed them so they came with no wires but only cost me 5$

  5. #5
    Outrunner Segaedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by douglie007 View Post
    I have 2 X'Eyes and they are the same as that. Did you open one up and see if theres a version number on the board? I will check mine tomorrow and see if they have one. ... sense we are on the subject would you happen to have an X'eye branded controller you would like to trade off or sell. I bought my 2 as parts and fixed them so they came with no wires but only cost me 5$
    Do you have any pics?. I don't have any extra controllers sorry to say. Do you want to trade one of your X'Eye units for one of the regular X'Eye variation?

  6. #6
    Road Rasher douglie007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Here is mine open and closed, it is different , I think mine is a later model the AV out is not a sticker like on your pic its in the plastic.





    I Opened it up and the model on the board is ENR-005 A-1
    Last edited by douglie007; 01-20-2014 at 11:56 AM.

  7. #7
    HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,958
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    Clean your shit up!

  8. #8
    Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest USA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,246
    Rep Power
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by douglie007 View Post
    Here is mine open and closed, it is different , I think mine is a later model the AV out is not a sticker like on your pic its in the plastic.




    I Opened it up and the model on the board is ENR-005 A-1

    Your two x'eyes are not like the one in the original post. Look closer at the CD lid for the original post, see how the entire circular part does not open up with it? About 20% of the lid on the left stays "closed" when the lid is opened.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

  9. #9
    Outrunner
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    505
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    That one doesn't have the thinner disc lid. It looks just like the one I have.
    It may no longer be the `90s, but there is still time for Klax.

  10. #10
    Road Rasher douglie007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    yeah I realized that it wasnt the same when I got them out. and sorry I didnt clean the desk and system before the Pic was not going for prize

  11. #11
    Road Rasher douglie007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Segaedge View Post
    Do you have any pics?. I don't have any extra controllers sorry to say. Do you want to trade one of your X'Eye units for one of the regular X'Eye variation?
    The 2nd one has a bad BIOS it sees the game disc but cat play it. and when it boots I don't get the X logo when starting up. but I would traded you a shell

  12. #12
    Road Rasher douglie007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlecRob View Post
    Clean your shit up!
    I will clean it up and repost for your liking

  13. #13
    Outrunner Segaedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Well i'll be damned, after first posting this here looks like someone took notice and started their own thread over the assemblergames forum.

    Turns out it was a JVC inside mod job done to X'Eye/Wondermega owners per request, who owned 32X systems and to properly fit/sit it on its case.

    And get this: "Seems like the people who thought it to be some kind of upgrade were right! Victor Japan called it a '32 bit remodeling kit' and it was of course for the the 32x to be used with the console. When i understand correctly you could bring in your WM2, and for 5000 (excl. tax) they installed this new lid. More surprisingly even, this service was available until 2013! "

    2013? Did anyone here got the kit mod done from JVC?

    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...-Eye-variation






  14. #14
    Playing it loud! Sports Talker NeoGeo64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Leesburg, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Why and how would and could this service have been available until 2013? That's extremely peculiar and odd.

  15. #15
    Outrunner Segaedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoGeo64 View Post
    Why and how would and could this service have been available until 2013? That's extremely peculiar and odd.
    Most likely because it was serviced by JVC that still is very much in business rather than by Sega.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •