Quantcast

Page 183 of 183 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183
Results 2,731 to 2,734 of 2734

Thread: PS2 vs Dreamcast Graphics

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SonicTheHedgehog View Post
    Some people when comparing the Megadrive/Genesis against the SNES and the DC against the PS2 forget that they were released 2 years and 1 month and 14 months before those 2 rival consoles. If the Megadrive/Genesis had been launched in Nov 1990 instead of Oct 88 and the DC in March 00 instead of Nov 98 they probably would of outclassed the SNES & PS2 in every way. Mabee not by a huge margin but both the MD/GEN & DC would of had the edge. It seems Sega's problem was as much with timing as it was with anything else.

What do people on here think the MD/GEN & DC would of been had they launched later? I think the DC CPU would of been up clocked to 300mhz to match the PS2 as well as 32mb main ram. The GPU prob would of been like the KYRO gpu with 16mb vram instead of 8mb. Audio ram probably would of been doubled and they probably would of used DVD's instead of GD Roms although probably not had DVD movie playback.

I think the MD/GEN would have had a 10mhz clocked CPU with a few more audio channels and double the audio ram aswel as sprite scaling, more colours on screen from a larger colour palette aswel as larger sprite sizes with more on screen and double the vram.
    The Neo Geo was released 6 months before the Super Famicom. There's much more to consoles' success than release dates. You're also asking if Sega's consoles would have neen more successful if they weren't cheaper than the competition or if they were even more dxpensive than them.

The 32X and Sega-CD already exist and didn't put Nintendo out of business.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

Finally back. As this will be the last 1.5 months of me posting in this thread(for now), I gotta do my last batch of multiquotes with posts as far back as November. Then I'll show you guys what I've discovered in the meantime.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    The Neo Geo was released 6 months before the Super Famicom. There's much more to consoles' success than release dates.
    The Neo Geo was released at more than 3 times the price of the Megadrive/Snes which both launched at $199.99. I was asking about the potential specs of the 2 Sega machines had they been released later and stated that i thought they would of outclassed the 2 competitors from a specs standpoint. I never said they would of sold more/less or been more or less successful just that they would of ouclassed the 2 competitors from a tech standpoint.

You're also asking if Sega's consoles would have been more successful if they weren't cheaper than the competition or if they were even more dxpensive than them.
    Not once did i ask that so stop making things up. I asked what the specs would have been had the release dates been later.

The 32X and Sega-CD already exist and didn't put Nintendo out of business.
    What has that got to do with a hypothetical late 1990 specced MD/Genesis or a March 2000 DC that i was asking about? Please don't derail the thread. The Playstation outsold the N64 and the PS2 outsold the XBox. The Wii also outsold the Xbox 360 & PS3 so i nor anyone else i assume needs to be told that the success of a console isn't determined by specs.
    Last edited by SonicTheHedgehog; Today at 09:15 AM.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

The Genesis was cheaper than SNES. Launch prices don't mean anything when consoles fon't happen to launch at the same price.

The timing that actually happened allowed Sega to gain steam and have a stronger library before competition arrived.

If the Genesis came out around the same time as thd SNES and TG-16 still never took off, it wouldn't have hone anywhere and Sega would have soon exited the console business.
    Last edited by Black_Tiger; Today at 10:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Thread Information