Quantcast

Thread: A Visit to Software Seconds in Columba South Carolina

Default A Visit to Software Seconds in Columba South Carolina

In my travels I have been visiting a lot of Classic Video Game stores lately looking for deals or possibly rarer items that are acceptably priced. Today I visited Software Seconds in Columbia South Carolina and I must say they have a rather nice collection of items Pricing is a little high but not too over priced, basically eBay pricing.

The Place has been in business for 23 years and the owner has a lot of teh rarez on display but not for sale but also a LOT of NOS items including a brand new 3DO FZ-10 and a bunch of games for it I got a brand new copy of Space Hulk for the Saturn.

https://www.facebook.com/softwaresecondssc/

Above is a rare Neo Geo AES Bag but has a Neo Geo in it so it's $700 for the bag system, and a loose copy of Samurai Spirits 2. The Neo CD's are $350 a piece. The Turbo Express is $180. They have a Nomad for $100 but with no battery pack. Genesis Games start at $5 loose and then if boxed add $5 on top.

Stuff was kinda expensive so I got a boxed Game Genie for cheap and NOS Saturn Space Hulk. They guy had a stack of Dreamcast Demo Disc's so he gave me one.

Hard Road! ESWAT Veteran Barone's Avatar

I think I've said it before but I'll say it again:
    It's really cool to me when you share your game hunting stories with all these great pictures, because otherwise I'd likely never know how these amazing places look.
    Brazil has nothing like that (super clean, really well organized retro stores).

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    I think I've said it before but I'll say it again:
    It's really cool to me when you share your game hunting stories with all these great pictures, because otherwise I'd likely never know how these amazing places look.
    Brazil has nothing like that (super clean, really well organized retro stores).
    Barone, you need to give some of us a reality check of what gaming is like in Brazil. Videos/photographs of gaming stores, thrift shops in the US and Canada are a dime a dozen. If you have the means, show us what game hunting is like in your neck of the woods!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    Barone, you need to give some of us a reality check of what gaming is like in Brazil. Videos/photographs of gaming stores, thrift shops in the US and Canada are a dime a dozen. If you have the means, show us what game hunting is like in your neck of the woods!
    I was at a gaming event in south America last year in Chile. I have some video on YouTube. It's kind of lame compared to USA and more western countries. A lot of the content is pirated burned on discs whether anime or games.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by needler420 View Post
    I was at a gaming event in south America last year in Chile. I have some video on YouTube. It's kind of lame compared to USA and more western countries. A lot of the content is pirated burned on discs whether anime or games.
    Oh you should post it. It may actually wake up/shake up some people. I've been to a number of places and I've seen some things that makes me appreciate what I have. Where some people bemoan the idea of purchasing/using pirated burned discs of games, movies, music etc. some people around the world do not have any option.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Is the NTSC version of space hulk hard to find? I seem to remember the PAL version was both cheap and plentiful.

IDK, I am not very up on Saturn Stuff, no idea the game existed until I saw it. It was NOS, he has a fuck ton of sports games and Maddens. Saturn Stuff is stupid expensive, I don't see myself getting anything but commons and then obviously just burn the titles. I love to collect, but I am not spending collectard money.

Quote Originally Posted by evilevoix View Post
    IDK, I am not very up on Saturn Stuff, no idea the game existed until I saw it. It was NOS, he has a fuck ton of sports games and Maddens. Saturn Stuff is stupid expensive, I don't see myself getting anything but commons and then obviously just burn the titles. I love to collect, but I am not spending collectard money.
    I own about 70 Saturn games and I can tell you Space Hulk is one hell of a hidden gem. I love that game.

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

^gotta play Space Hulk one day! but man, that shop looks amazing, damn

Thread Information