Quantcast

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Games with 3D graphics running at 60 fps - 5th Generation Consoles

Nameless One

Oops didn't see Anarchy in the Nippon already in the list. Thanks for the update

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

Its good to see Klonoa on this list. I tried the Ridge Racer 4 bonus demo today, and thought "since when did this game run at 60 FPS?"

It makes me wonder if Namco writes their own game engines, their PS1 games are some of the few that don't have warping polygons.

But it was a sad moment when I found out that this game will cost you an arm and a leg.

The Ridge Racer 60 FPS version slows down a shit ton on real hardware, but I can confirm it not only runs at 60 FPS, but also at some resolution higher than 240p.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
    Yup I think you are right. Think I was just thinking of Tohshinden URA as it was hi res (or mid res maybe) Still hopefully the other two Winter Heat and Anarchy in the Nippon will get added to the list
    It uses hi-density for polygons and hi-density + interlace for backgrounds, that's something like 704x224 and 704x448, respectively. Or 480 instead of 448.

D-Xhird uses low-res polygons though, because that's the only way to do textured lightning on Saturn.

I get dizzy from 60FPS so Iím not the biggest fan.

The Future is yesterday. Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi SegataS's Avatar

I rarely notice 60FPS and I'm pretty bad at noticing frame drops unless it's really bad like Dragon Age Origins on PS3 or more on point with the topic, Turok 2 on N64. Love that game but man the frame rate is shit. At times it dips into single digits.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I get dizzy from 60FPS so Iím not the biggest fan.
    Arcade games run at 60fps. You'd probably pass out viewing 144Hz.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Arcade games run at 60fps. You'd probably pass out viewing 144Hz.
    Probably actually. It's more so the camera work than the FPS really. Ever since the Mission Impossible camera became popular I'm liable to throw up from every movie/game.

VR makes it worse.

It's the reason why there's insistence on being able to adjust the FOV for any game actually (especially 3D games, but even 2D games can cause a mess sometimes depending on the zooming factor). Many games still refuse to add that, however.

VR has a whole lot of other issues on top too, like when it was found that one of the things that added to motion sickness was failing to draw your nose (turns out that even though you normally ignore it when both eyes are open it still matters a lot for body balance).

Thread Information