Quantcast

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: F/S Mega AMP for Sega Genesis

Default F/S Mega AMP for Sega Genesis

Up for sale is the Mega AMP designed by ACE and villahed94 and PCB made by myself. For more info on this mod go to the thread to read up on it, this board has some solder switches to choose Filtered or Unfiltered sound so the end user can change it on the fly.
    If you are using this to replace the CCAM you MUST repair the PSG cut trace or games like Sonic will have missing audio in the tracks and jumps.

PAYPAL Fees have been added to the purchase page and will show up in the form of TAX, if you don't want to pay this fee then contact me to send payment as a "Gift" or "Sending Money to Friends".

$25 for the board and $5 Shipping In USA. Please tell me the motherboard version and model you have when ordering .

$25 for the board and $8 Shipping for International. Please tell me the motherboard version and model you have when ordering .

I can provide install service for people who can't or don't want for $50 (parts and labor) plus shipping of the system if you live in USA since shipping is expensive outside USA.

Here is a video by GameSack that has a Mega AMP installed with S-Video also but the important thing is to notice the audio difference:

Install Pictures:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/hd...stall_Pics.rar

The Board:

Installation:

With Shield over the board, fits no problem with no shorts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Helder; 01-18-2016 at 11:19 PM.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Helder sir, you are a Gentleman and a Scholar. I still need to pick up one of those new DC SD mods as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Got the Mega AMP Mini for sale which is a trimmed down version without the switches to select filtering and doesn't support the addon systems 32X and Sega CD. Basically you choose either filtered or unfiltered sound and the proper version for your motherboard.

This is great for people on a budget and or don't have or care about the addon systems, the install is virtually the same except you don't remove the 32X and Sega CD caps so the install diagrams in the first post can be used here as well.

Mega AMP Mini Board Front:

Mega AMP Mini Board Back:

Comparison of the Standard Board to the Mini Board in size:

Follow the links below to buy for your appropriate motherboard, be sure to tell me if you want to have Filtered or Unfiltered sound or otherwise I will just send it as Unfiltered.

Mega AMP Mini (ASIC) for MD1 VA7, MD2 VA0,VA1,VA1.8,VA3

USA $18 & $5 Shipping

International $18 & $7 Shipping

Mega AMP Mini (YM2616) for MD2 VA2,VA2.3

USA $18 & $5 Shipping

Mega AMP Mini for (GOAC) MD2 VA4, MD3 VA1,VA2

USA $18 & $5 Shipping

Last edited by Helder; 09-20-2015 at 06:28 PM.

Any chance of a slightly cheaper version that isn't preassembled? If so I'll probably get two... Nice work though!

Send me a PM and we can talk about pricing and if there is alot of interest in a DIY kit I might offer that as well, but no tech support for that since it involves soldering skills of the person assembling the boards.

Road Rasher

That's so cool! Any chance that someone with amateur soldering skills like can get this to work properly?

You just need to remove some radial capacitors and solder a few wires to large holes, should be easy to do for a novice.

I need to get cash on my PayPal asap ! I will need at least 2.

I have limited components but will have some in a week or 2 so if you get one soon you might be able to get it while I still have the components. Of course if you can wait a week or so then I will have plenty available.

Edit: All out of components to finish the boards, will have more shortly like a week or so. Oddly I sold all the boards I had soldered up on another forum and none on this one.
    Last edited by Helder; 03-28-2014 at 08:09 PM.

Ok I have enough components to last me a long time now, so these are up for sale again if people are interested.

Does the mega amp work with the PAL megadrive 2 ?
    And are other mods still possible ( region,60hz,overclock) ?

It works on just about every model from whatever region. You can do other mods and as a matter of fact I will be installing the switchless region mod with a tiny board I design too, so this won't stop you from installing other mods.

Bump.

El bumpo.

bump.

Thread Information