Quantcast

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Panzer Dragoon Saga

Raging in the Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    The 1st one is totally incredible and technical marvel to boot . Though I doubt many people played it in America given the MS poor sales over there. Still didn't stop called fans asking SEGA for a part V on the Saturn or Dreamcast. Yakuza sold in sh8t numbers in the West, but guess there's calls for SEGA to bring out Yakuza V to the west
    PS1 is a good game.

The fairly basic plot and lack of characterization, the obtuse design and difficulty in occasionally finding out what to do, the slow design and menus when just simply trying to talk to people, bad music in places, and those fairly poorly thought 3D dungeons leave it as a flawed good game rather than an incredible one imo.

It is however better than both Final Fantasy 1 and Dragon Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogogadget View Post
    PS1 is a good game.

The fairly basic plot and lack of characterization, the obtuse design and difficulty in occasionally finding out what to do, the slow design and menus when just simply trying to talk to people, bad music in places, and those fairly poorly thought 3D dungeons leave it as a flawed good game rather than an incredible one imo.

It is however better than both Final Fantasy 1 and Dragon Quest.
    Now I understand, you're mistaking PS2 by PS1. That game has no 3D dungeons, though, just dungeons with some ass design where you must fall on a lot of holes to reach it's end.

Raging in the Streets

Quote Originally Posted by maxi View Post
    Now I understand, you're mistaking PS2 by PS1. That game has no 3D dungeons, though, just dungeons with some ass design where you must fall on a lot of holes to reach it's end.
    No, PS2 has it's flaws, but i'm definitely thinking of PS1.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Why are we all arguing? It's only a game! I bought it about two years ago, after I'd forgotten about it for many years (I bought PD1 for my brother's Saturn (not even my own console, that must make me the BIGGEST SUPEREST fan EVER!), bought PD2 as soon as it came out and played the arse off it. Shortly after that I stopped playing games for a few years and suddenly remembered about PDS and checked out the prices (yikes!).

The 'Internet hype train' certainly drove up the price, and for what it's worth I don't think any game is worth triple digit prices so this does pee me off somewhat, especially when it's an old title. Because even if it's ace, it's still old and often limited to a degree (in terms of graphics, control, content or whatever) and when held up to a modern counterpart that's its equivalent it is often a slightly lesser experience.

This is all subjective and massively down to opinion of course, but I think my point is largely quite fair.

A true fan is not necessarily willing to part with a big sum, and if you are, it doesn't make you any more super.

One more, sometimes you can't have been there from the beginning, not without one point twenty one jigga watts. But discovering that you like something later and declaring yourself a fan is fine, if you are. There are no Shakespeare fans from back in the day.

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

A true fan is not necessarily willing to part with a big sum, and if you are, it doesn't make you any more super.
    Sigh... A fan of the series would have got Saga when it 1st shipped and wouldn't need to pay silly sums , that's my point . Its not to ace big, hard or make out that one is a super fan and one isn't . If you were in to Panzer Dragoon would would have got Saga when it came out , not years latter when the prices go up and it gets harder to find . Sure people can say they weren't born and all that (that's fair enough) . But if you were a fan of Sega and Panzer at the time, you wouldn't need to pay the silly prices , Panzer Dragoon Saga didn't cost more than most Saturn games.

I just don't like the ones that 1st make out they love Panzer Dragoon but only go on about Saga (never talk about the other games) and then say how they wish they could play Saga as they never owned a copy of the game ?

Hey I'm going by the sort of RPG's I was playing back in 1988 . I found the game to be amazing and the 3D for the Master system a complete knockout
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Master of Shinobi

So, back to Panzer Dragoon Saga, what are some of the hidden or "secret" aspects to the game. I dont recall the terms or names, but aren't there hidden eggs you can collect, and if you get them all and complete the game you can then start another game with a special dragon? Or am I making that up?

Sports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Zz Badnusty View Post
    So, back to Panzer Dragoon Saga, what are some of the hidden or "secret" aspects to the game. I dont recall the terms or names, but aren't there hidden eggs you can collect, and if you get them all and complete the game you can then start another game with a special dragon? Or am I making that up?
    There were items called D-Units scattered throughout the world, where if you collected all of them it gave you access to a unique dragon evolution, No new game required.
    There is also a secret music box if you have a Panzer Dragoon Zwei save file.

Raging in the Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Hey I'm going by the sort of RPG's I was playing back in 1988 . I found the game to be amazing and the 3D for the Master system a complete knockout
    Yeah in 1988 the game is pretty spectacular, i'll be honest there.

Thread Information