Quantcast

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Panzer Dragoon Saga

not a real fan Raging in the Streets old man's Avatar

It's worth all the love you can give it.

Team Andromeda needs the deep lore of previous games, replete with moving lines such as "We must not let the dragon escape!" and "Find that airship!" to properly enjoy the rich narrative of Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    But any fan of a so called game or system would tend to actually own the game, don't you think .
    Not if it costs in the triple digits.

Not always banging on to SEGA to bring the game out on new systems so they can actually play the game (that they claim to love). I can understand it a lot more if the game was never translated or never released in Europe or the USA , but it was and back when Saga came out they was no real trouble getting a copy of the game or paying some stupid high price for the pleasure to play the game .
    It's been over 15 years man. I think it's time to let go. Also: no one gave a shit about the Saturn back then. True fans would have bought multiple consoles to keep the thing afloat. I guess Saturn owners were always posers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zz Badnusty View Post
    Panzer Dragoon Saga was, and is, an immensely better game than that childish boring Zelda game, in every way possible.
    There's something childish in this post, but I don't think it's Zelda.
    Last edited by EmperorIng; 05-20-2014 at 09:05 PM.

Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar

It's a shame Sega & Atlus doesn't just license and completely remake the Panzer Dragoon, Dragon Force, and Shining game assets and put them in a new game engine. I'm sure there's enough hype to generate sales.

I would even pay money if fans picked it up and did some total conversion mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Duster View Post
    I would even pay money if fans picked it up and did some total conversion mods.
    Well, there was a PC version of Panzer Dragoon, so a free modding project could be done by anyone skilled and interested enough.

Currently Reviewing: Galaxy Force (SMS)
    Coming Up:TF3 Side by Side
    Done:

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorIng View Post
    There's something childish in this post, but I don't think it's Zelda.
    Suck it.

Is Zelda Ocarina of Time not a childish game? Especially in juxtaposition to Panzer Dragoon Saga?

Is Zelda Ocarina of Time not a childish game? Especially in juxtaposition to Panzer Dragoon Saga?
    Yes, it's not. Especially in juxtaposition to Panzer Dragoon Saga.

What else is there to explain?
    Last edited by EmperorIng; 05-20-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorIng View Post
    Yes, it's not. Especially in juxtaposition to Panzer Dragoon Saga.

What else is there to explain?
    lol

Suck it.

Man, i can't rep anyone in this goddamn forum anymore.

It's like comparing a Disney animation to Ghost in the Shell or Akira.
    Last edited by Bottino; 05-20-2014 at 11:39 PM.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Kiwi

Quote Originally Posted by Bottino View Post
    Man, i can't rep anyone in this goddamn forum anymore.
    My Spidey senses detected that you needed some help! Repped ZZ Badnusty of your behalf!
    Last edited by SEGA.GENESIS1989; 05-21-2014 at 02:03 AM.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

I'm so happy for all of you. Wear that badge proudly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottino View Post
    It's like comparing a Disney animation to Ghost in the Shell or Akira.
    It's like comparing a good rpg with an actual great game (that's Zelda for those not taking notes), one with a saving grace beyond being the final good game released for a dead system. Unless by comparing PDS to Akira, you're saying that it's all flash, and no substance (and I like Akira). There's a point where contrarianism needs to be laughed at - and calling OoT childish is laughable (judging by his post, Badnusty agrees), 'especially in juxtaposition' to a game that's just good.

Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar

Ocarina of Time was and still is an amazing game. I don't consider it childish. It's not Yoshi's Story or Super Mario Sunshine.

It originally had bloodshed when you stab the shit out of Ganon's face.

Angry Liberal Arts Major Hero of Algol Iron Lizard's Avatar

I can't PDS say is "just a good game". It's one of my all time favorites.

I actually never saw the game out in public in 98 or I would've snatched it asap. I was able to get MKR in the summer of 98 used for 30 dollars
    C'Mon any Panzer fan knew full well the game was coming out in the West and would have had their pre order in the shop months before the game shipped . I had no trouble getting hold of a copy of the game (even though in the UK the Saturn was more of a flop than inthe USA) and paid just 28 for the copy of Saga - The least I ever paid for any Panzer Dragoon game. Not hard to get a copy or that dear either .

Its just over the last few years with the internet and e-bay hype train that many so called fans are desperate to play SAGA and banging on to SEGA to bring it out on other systems.

Not if it costs in the triple digits
    Yeah you name me one Saturn game that came in at triple digits during the Saturn life time . Not even the Vs Fighters with the 4 or 1 Meg carts came in at that price . You can thank the internet and e-bay for the jump in Saturn prices . But any real Panzer fan would have got SAGA the day it came out in the west and paid the 'average' Saturn price for it too.

Also: no one gave a shit about the Saturn back then
    That's fair enough. But with no Saturn there's no Panzer Dragoon and wouldn't be a fan of the series if you didn't care for the system or it games .

Panzer Dragoon Saga was, and is, an immensely better game than that childish boring Zelda game, in every way possible
    Well its always going to be up the player . I'm not the biggest fan of Zelda, but in saying that I found the 2 Lunar games on the Mega CD to be better RPG's than Saga and in fact I find the 1st Panzer Dragoon game to be the best in the series full stop and most prob my fav game of all time .
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

(formerly known as 5233) Master of Shinobi Jeckidy's Avatar

Zelda and PDS are totally different games. OoT may be overrated but it's still enjoyable as I am a big action-RPG fan. But PDS and Zelda have very little in common gameplay wise. Why not FF7 vs. PDS since they were both turn-based and (at least in the US) touted as the best RPG on their respective platforms at the time.
    "You do not see the world as it is, you see the world as you are."

Yeah, that's comparing apples and oranges there. They're two different kinds of RPGs.

That being said, I'm not sure I could compare PDS to any other RPG I've played. It's just so different. Different battle system, different environment, different game pacing, all the FMV, it's truly a product of it's time. It's nothing like Pokemon, or Earthbound, or Final Fantasy, or Dragon Warrior, or Phantasy Star, it's as if they made Panzer Dragoon and gave it some role playing elements.

I don't see why we need to bicker about what game is better though. What is with you people? You can equally enjoy different games, the main thing is actually playing it and enjoying it. Not what's "Better" in some dumb forum argument.

And no, not buying the game on launch doesn't mean you are not a "Real fan." I never had a Saturn growing up and would not have known about this game unless I had searched forums and knew about it due to the hype it got post-2000s on the internet. I borrowed it from a friend. But that makes me less of a fan? You just sound like an asshole Andromeda.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by llj View Post
    Count me as someone who never liked the Turbo/Hyper Fighting iterations of Street Fighter 2. The speed ups always struck me as too "Benny Hill".

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Thread Information