Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Sarcastic comedian" uses Watermelon and Sega-16 forum for his material

Publicity is publicity ,
    Good or otherwise.
    Last edited by Segadream; 06-01-2014 at 12:17 AM.

I can't read all of what that guy wrote without becoming bored but I didn't see any actual comedy in what I did read. I read most of the original rambling except for the last few paragraphs and it seemed to me more like a SNES fan complaining that Watermelon dared to use certain marketing terms for their game. It definitely had a very "SNES fan" feel to it. Not that I mind SNES games at all but you could tell he really liked SNES RPGs. The only point of his that I agree with is that Watermelon's forums should allow users to either upload or hotlink their own avatars.

It's possible to do so now. I don't know why Fonzie didn't allow it for a short period when our forum opened.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

I'm deeply offended by this person identifying their self as a "comedian". This shit makes Dane Cook look like one of the most brilliant comedy minds of our time.

And come on, if you're taking any mentions of "blast processing" seriously in this day and age, you're clearly missing a chromosome. No one in the past 20 years has used that phrase with a straight face or been convinced that it was ever a real thing.

Raging in the Streets

I'm still waiting for Intel or AMD to announce a new processor with 'blast processing'

Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gogogadget View Post
    I'm still waiting for Intel or AMD to announce a new processor with 'blast processing'
    Don't give AMD any ideas. They might just sell a new 16-core and use explosives for the cooler grease.

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

I just think it is funny that anybody thinks they can make a website about "sarcastic comedy". Isn't the entire Youtube/Gamefaqs/Whatever crowd a bunch of would be shock jocks already? I am fairly certain that almost everybody online is a dissembler out for personal amusement or an emotional purging.
    "... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

"We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sheath View Post
    I just think it is funny that anybody thinks they can make a website about "sarcastic comedy". Isn't the entire Youtube/Gamefaqs/Whatever crowd a bunch of would be shock jocks already? I am fairly certain that almost everybody online is a dissembler out for personal amusement or an emotional purging.
    Maddox started it.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Genesis

I think everyone is entitled to an opinion and the owner of the said blog is entitled to their opinion. If you examine comments made on this forum, opinions vary on any given topic. So, I can't really castigate the person for vocalizing their position. They are entitled to their opinion as are you.

Regarding the Project Y collectible poster, $120.00 USD is steep! In Europe for example, the conversion ratio isn't too bad. But for those of us in North America, it's a cost that is hard to stomach. I've taken the time to voice my concern under the Project Y thread and the artist was kind enough to respond. Since Luis hails from Canada, I think he understood my concern regarding the price. I'm happy that he is willing to look into the matter and seek a less costly solution.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Yeah, people are free to express their opinions, I didn't mean to say anything against that. That's a point of this topic, now miss Kitty gets some opinions on her comedy site .

I agree, it's expensive, but with price comes quality. Perhaps a cheaper folded version can be printed and sold for those who cannot afford the collectible poster but still want one.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Since the person is a member of the SEGA-16 community, I suspect that this thread will the the next topic of discussion on their blog! In fact it would not surprise me if you were the focal point in their next entry!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Duster View Post
    Maddox started it.
    Maddox is actually funny, though. Or at least he used to be.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    Since the person is a member of the SEGA-16 community, I suspect that this thread will the the next topic of discussion on their blog! In fact it would not surprise me if you were the focal point in their next entry!
    Well, as you probably saw I've been so before, and it feels good actually to have someone anonymous I've never met so far away from me to feel so strong about my opinions (and what I do) that she decides to put her valuable spare time to write about it.

I hope she digs up my "Konami and Capcom development for Mega Drive Genesis conspiracy theory", that's some perfect material for her site! ^^

Thread Information