Quantcast

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Live Action Sonic the Hedgehog movie in works with Humans by Sony

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Eazy's Avatar

I'm going to go watch it in support of them actually listening to the fans. Great film to go watch with the kids. Very happy about the turnout Jim Carrey should impress aswell.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

The new trailer looks so much better! The design of Sonic has been improved no end and I think it's great that Paramount listened to the fans. I'm actually really looking forward to this film in a total man-child kind of way. It is, after all, the film I always wanted to get made when I was a kid and totally Sonic obsessed. I also gotta say again just how much I think Jim Carrey playing Robotnik is genuinely a great bit of casting. Really looking forward to taking my nephew to see it!

WCPO Agent

I'm happy that some of you like it. I actually thought Jim Carrey had retired from acting, I guess he really wanted this part. Is he a gamer?

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Sure the character design isn't nearly as bad, but I'm still not terribly interested in seeing Sonic "crash into the real world" and become some dudebro's E.T. buddy.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

why couldn't it have been about sonic saving his buddies from mechanical enslavement and defeat the weird dr Robotnik versus whatever the hell the movie is about?

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    I also gotta say again just how much I think Jim Carrey playing Robotnik is genuinely a great bit of casting. Really looking forward to taking my nephew to see it!
    This was the first thing that stood out to me when the movie was announced and even though Jim Carrey is clearly just being Jim Carrey in the trailers, Iíve never doubted that heís just such a great fit for the role (granted, I think a more ďaccurateĒ portrayal would look a bit more similar to his version of The Grinch). If nothing else, no matter how badly the movie bombs, Iím hoping that his role will be the one thing people speak highly of, much like Raul Julia in Street Fighter and Dennis Hopper in Mario Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by cabear View Post
    why couldn't it have been about sonic saving his buddies from mechanical enslavement and defeat the weird dr Robotnik versus whatever the hell the movie is about?
    Well it's my theory that this film acts as a prequel to the original games, and that it's going to end with Robotnik chasing Sonic back to his home world of Moebius and either getting trapped there or choosing to stay, thus setting off the chain of events seen in the original games. Just a theory of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Well it's my theory that this film acts as a prequel to the original games, and that it's going to end with Robotnik chasing Sonic back to his home world of Moebius and either getting trapped there or choosing to stay, thus setting off the chain of events seen in the original games. Just a theory of mine.
    If one looks at the original trailer it looks clear that Robotnik gradually changes his appearance to become the DR Robotnik or Eggman we know from the game and of course its a film, so I wouldn't want or expect it to follow the game 100%. I didn't mind the vibe of the 1st trailer and the new CGI in the 2nd one looks amazing and also love the look of Green Hill Zone from the film. Me and 2 of the Girls from work can't wait to watch it. It looks fun, its SEGA & Sonic and also the SEGA logo in the film is class.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

WCPO Agent

Being that it's 2019 I'm surprised the movie doesn't have an environmental theme, like Sonic is trying to save animals from an oil spill or something and Robotnik is claiming that the loss of wildlife is no big deal because his machines can fulfill the same purposes. You could work Ecco into that too, who wouldn't want to see Ecco make a cameo?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    If one looks at the original trailer it looks clear that Robotnik gradually changes his appearance to become the DR Robotnik or Eggman we know from the game and of course its a film, so I wouldn't want or expect it to follow the game 100%. I didn't mind the vibe of the 1st trailer and the new CGI in the 2nd one looks amazing and also love the look of Green Hill Zone from the film. Me and 2 of the Girls from work can't wait to watch it. It looks fun, its SEGA & Sonic and also the SEGA logo in the film is class.
    Exactly. It looks like he slowly becomes more like the Dr. Robotnik from the games, so my theory about the film acting as a kind of prequel could be correct. I guess we'll find out in February!

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Being that it's 2019 I'm surprised the movie doesn't have an environmental theme, like Sonic is trying to save animals from an oil spill or something and Robotnik is claiming that the loss of wildlife is no big deal because his machines can fulfill the same purposes. You could work Ecco into that too, who wouldn't want to see Ecco make a cameo?
    that would work perfectly. sonic wouldnt need to be around so many humans as it'd mostly be robotnik talking to the humans and trying to assure them his machinery is fine and all that BS while sonic, over on the green hill zone (where ever that is on earth) decided he needs to do something about the bad doctor and sets off. Bam, Sonic 1 in the can and no "gangsta's paradise".

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cabear View Post
    that would work perfectly. sonic wouldnt need to be around so many humans as it'd mostly be robotnik talking to the humans and trying to assure them his machinery is fine and all that BS while sonic, over on the green hill zone (where ever that is on earth) decided he needs to do something about the bad doctor and sets off. Bam, Sonic 1 in the can and no "gangsta's paradise".
    That is the plot of Woodywoodpecker the movie. A ham-fisted message about hurting the environment is bad.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    That movie sounds awesome, and very faithful to the original gameís (Sonic 1) message so many years ago.

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    That is the plot of Woodywoodpecker the movie. A ham-fisted message about hurting the environment is bad.
    I'm sure it's been done in plenty of films but the original conflict between Sonic and Robotnik was always animals vs. machines. An environmental disaster would work well with the stages from Sonic 2, there's a chemical plant, oil ocean, aquatic ruin etc. The film can start off in green/emerald hill, like a pristine setting before bad stuff happens.

It doesn't have to be ham fisted, it could be a like a sci-fi thriller where maybe Robotnik really believes he's come up with the perfect mechanical replacements for living organisms. Plus then a showdown with Metal Sonic is practically guaranteed.

Thread Information