Quantcast

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Live Action Sonic the Hedgehog movie in works with Humans by Sony

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Turns out they have only redone the Sonic design for the trailer. Not the rest of the film. That alone cost $5 million. I can only imagine how much the rest of it will cost to redo.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

WCPO Agent

Has any studio ever had to change the main character at the last minute like this?
    It would be hilarious if the Blu-Ray gives you the option to switch between Sonics on the fly.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

1. Sonic is shown to be super cooooooooool and awesome (good guy)
    2. Robotnik is shown to be evil (evil guy)
    3. Sonic somehow shows up in New York or another popular American city (is there anything else?)
    4. CHILLY DOGS? OH WOW, OH WOW HOOKERS! WOW!! EDGY SHIT WOW!!! (haha, just like family guy/south park!)
    5. Oh noes.. human protagonist has romance issues (for the mothers)
    6. Sonic fixes it but fails (hilarious)
    7. Sonic gets captured (sad kids)
    8. But he's such an edgy cool prisoner! (happy kids)
    9. Sonic foils all the bad shit (kids cheer)
    10. human protaganist's love life is fixed! (mothers cheer)
    11. Robotnik vows to come back (even more mediocre sequel)
    12. After credits appearance of someone we don't want (Shadow?)

If I get 8 out of 12 right I'm promoted to moderator and then I'll ban you all.

WCPO Agent

According to IMDB it was primarily filmed in British Columbia Canada: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3794354...?ref_=tt_dt_dt
    ...with a few scenes in San Francisco, New York City and Morocco.

SF is a great choice because of all the steep hills and its right along the bay, could have done the whole movie there. Hawaii would also have been cool, some of those islands look places in the games.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Here’s my own predictions:

1. Most of the film will take place in “Small Town, America” because it’s cheaper to film there and makes it easier to edit in special effects later.

2. Most of the humor will be generic “fish-of-water” jokes, with Sonic offering naive and low-impact commentary on many of the wacky things we take for granted, like smartphones, convenience store delivery services, and Napster.

3. The core of the movie will be a generic road trip storyline, because that is a very easy way to pad out a thin script, with the added bonus of giving plenty of opportunities for Prediction #2.

4. There WILL be an off-world sequence, which will take up about 5-7 minutes of a 90-minutes film.

5. Sonic will not make a single joke that is funny or witty to anyone over the age of, say, 13.

6. He will be as serviceable and convincing as ever, but this movie will not invigorate James Marsden’s career.

7. Sonic will talk to a real-world fox and/or acknowledge that he has, like, TONS of animal friends.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    According to IMDB it was primarily filmed in British Columbia Canada
    Which is just Hollywood for "The entire movie will take place in New York, so lets film 95% in cheaper Canada and splice in some actual NY scenes.

WCPO Agent

By the way, since it's looking like a buddy cop film, anyone else wish they'd brought back Jaleel White to voice Sonic and put him alongside Reginald VelJohnson? That would have been so awesome.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    By the way, since it's looking like a buddy cop film, anyone else wish they'd brought back Jaleel White to voice Sonic and put him alongside Reginald VelJohnson? That would have been so awesome.
    Holy shit, that would've been epic!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker SegaDreamcast's Avatar

I recently interviewed Lisa Ortiz (the voice of Amy Rose in Sonic X and many of the video games) and she commented on Sonic's movie makeover!

https://thenaturalaristocrat.com/201...ing-interview/

Thread Information