Quantcast

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Most relaxing games?

Default Most relaxing games?

What game do you like to play to relax after a stressful day at work? Something to lower your heart rate a bit and put a smile on your face.

One of my favorites is Tokyo Bus Guide for the Dreamcast (skip to 0:50):

There's something meditative about this game. It might look stressful at first, considering even the tiniest fender bender results in a game over, but once you get the hang of it it's really relaxing. Accelerate, brake (not too strongly!), put on turn signal, stop and let on passengers, repeat for 25 minutes at a time. Pure awesome. Make sure to play with analog controls or accelerating and braking will be very difficult.

Outrun. Absolutely Outrun; it is just so serene and personifies the lazy days of summer for me. Good thread topic.

I feel so calm listening to this track, it's just so reminiscent of a more simplistic day - lost in the tides of time....
    Last edited by Lync; 06-24-2014 at 02:27 PM.

RORRING STAAAAART! Master of Shinobi FuturePrimitive's Avatar

OutRun. Therapeutic driving experience! I can also just listen to the music and get into laid back mode. It helps to have a steering wheel.

Good soccer games, because they're some of my favorite sports games and bring me back to my childhood.

Some RPG's are relaxing. Here's a recent one: Tales of Xillia. Incredible landscapes and music.

Good golf games. Even the fast paced arcade-style golf games are relaxing to me.

That's all for now!

Reviews in the pipeline:
    Choplifter (Master System and SG-1000)
    Ys: The Vanished Omens with FM Sound Patch!

So's your old man! Raging in the Streets zetastrike's Avatar

Definitely Columns. I can't tell you how many times I was having a bad day, popped in any version of Columns, and quickly forgot what was bothering me. It's relaxing and uplifting at the same time. No other game does that for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon
    Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.
    My Collection: http://vgcollect.com/zetastrike

RORRING STAAAAART! Master of Shinobi FuturePrimitive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zetastrike View Post
    Definitely Columns. I can't tell you how many times I was having a bad day, popped in any version of Columns, and quickly forgot what was bothering me. It's relaxing and uplifting at the same time. No other game does that for me.
    I agree with Columns. I might be better at Columns than I am at Tetris! Good choice.

Reviews in the pipeline:
    Choplifter (Master System and SG-1000)
    Ys: The Vanished Omens with FM Sound Patch!

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I found sailing around in Wind Waker to be really relaxing. I find the Pilot Wings games to be relaxing as well.
    Last edited by gamevet; 06-24-2014 at 01:34 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Doom. Nothing more relaxing than fighting the hordes of hell.

But being serious (even though I was), aren't all video games meant to be enjoyed and be a medium to escape reality?

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JumpingRyle View Post
    One of my favorites is Tokyo Bus Guide for the Dreamcast
    So I take it you're gonna get yourself an Oculus Rift and bus simulator this summer?

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    With.. Brutal Doom I hope?

But being serious (even though I was), aren't all video games meant to be enjoyed and be a medium to escape reality?
    Yes, but I usually like a good challenge that forces me to put a lot of effort in to do well. But the last thing I want to do after a busy day is come home and try to beat Alien Soldier on one life or something

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    So I take it you're gonna get yourself an Oculus Rift and bus simulator this summer?
    That sounds... awesome...

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Unfortunately, no. Been playing the 360 version of Doom II mostly. Is it any good then?

Quote Originally Posted by JumpingRyle View Post
    Yes, but I usually like a good challenge that forces me to put a lot of effort in to do well. But the last thing I want to do after a busy day is come home and try to beat Alien Soldier on one life or something
    I can understand that.

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    With.. Brutal Doom I hope?
    I just learned about Brutal Doom recently and it's become my life.

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

Is it any good then?
    Yes and No.

Yes as in IT IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!

No as in "you'll never want to play vanilla doom ever again", which means no more 32X Doom, no more Snes Doom,
    no more Xbox Doom, no more 360 Doom, no more Jaguar Doom, no more toaster Doom.

Last edited by NeoVamp; 06-24-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FuturePrimitive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zetastrike View Post
    I agree with Columns. I might be better at Columns than I am at Tetris! Good choice.
    Both of those, and pretty much any game that's more bout surviving as long as you can, and less about reaching an ending. Mainly arcade/console games before Pac-Land/the NES.

My relaxing game is Sega Bass Fishing on the Dreamcast. My wife is not a gamer in the least but she loves to sit and watch either me or my grandson play that game. In fact, I think that he has spent most of the day playing it today.

Don't hate, but the SNES DK aquatic level does it for me:

Thread Information