Quantcast

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Most relaxing games?

You know you are a tru Zen master when you can relax and lower your heart beat while playing online starcraft 2 ladder on diamond level.

Quote Originally Posted by Segaedge View Post
    Don't hate, but the SNES DK aquatic level does it for me
    I agree on the DK aquatic level but its a short moment. the game that surprised me that was relaxing was Limbo playing in on a late night with nothing to do very relaxing.
    -Rick "Only fools oppose the almighty Megatron"

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...light=foxhound

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

Radiant silvergun, one credit, hardest difficulty.

In all seriousness though, I like to play nights into dreams to relax, or super mario land.

Many years back: Duke Nukem 3D w/ full cheats. The stress just melts off. Ahhhhhh.

Now: Flower

Don't judge.

:EDIT:

After thinking about this for a bit, I realize how often I used to play through MS-DOS point-and-click adventures to relax. By that, I mean the ones that I had already finished, and had memorized all of the puzzles. Sometimes the atmosphere, and storytelling was enough.

Quote Originally Posted by retro nick View Post
    After thinking about this for a bit, I realize how often I used to play through MS-DOS point-and-click adventures to relax. By that, I mean the ones that I had already finished, and had memorized all of the puzzles. Sometimes the atmosphere, and storytelling was enough.
    I love doing that too. Full Throttle is my favorite. When you're not constantly clicking on things to figure out what to do next it makes it a little easier to relax and enjoy all the love that went into those games.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ Master of Shinobi NeoZeedeater's Avatar

Driving around in Deadly Premonition is relaxing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lync View Post
    Outrun. Absolutely Outrun; it is just so serene and personifies the lazy days of summer for me. Good thread topic.

I feel so calm listening to this track, it's just so reminiscent of a more simplistic day - lost in the tides of time....
    I was thinking the same thing.
    And on a Yu Suzuki game note, I find Shenmue's Nightfall to be a calming track.

Sports Talker

I like to chill out on Streets of Rage. Grooving to the tunes and messing up hordes of fools just puts me in a relaxed mood instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lync View Post
    Outrun.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    And on a Yu Suzuki game note, I find Shenmue's Nightfall to be a calming track.
    Oh man, this brings back some good memories for me.

Back when i was is school, this was my choice:

"So back off your rules
    Back off your jive!"

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by retro nick View Post
    I find playing through The Secret of Monkey Island extremely relaxing, such a great adventure and so many great memories.

not a real fan Raging in the Streets old man's Avatar

Tetris

Quote Originally Posted by JumpingRyle View Post
    I love doing that too. Full Throttle is my favorite. When you're not constantly clicking on things to figure out what to do next it makes it a little easier to relax and enjoy all the love that went into those games.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    I find playing through The Secret of Monkey Island extremely relaxing, such a great adventure and so many great memories.
    Isn't it funny how such a linear format can have so much replay value?

I can't count the amount of times I played through Conquest Of The Longbow. And it's so l-ooooooo-n-g. Multiple endings! I think I found them all at some point. The first time through took me about 7 months, I remember keeping track!

Heart Of China An Indiana Jones type story that also had multiple plot branches throughout, with multiple endings. I tried to find them all!

The Curse Of Monkey Island is my pick for the best of the series. "A pirate I was meant to be".

Sam and Max Hit the Road (The original). Man, so many jokes, so many great lines, and line readings, just great voice work overall.

The Legend Of Kyrandia: The Hand Of Fate Not sure why, but this one was so much more fun to me that the others in the series. Mixing potions was so entertaining, and the dialog was witty throughout. The graphics had a whimsical feel to them, it felt alive somehow. A lot of non-Adventure gamers really seemed to like this one.

I recently completed about 90% of The Whispered World, but I don't think I can finish without using a guide. It does have that magic "I am a classic point-and-click from the 90's" feel, and the visuals are just

Goldrush! was one of the very first adventure games I ever played. It was a typing parser game. You could take multiple paths to the end, and it was VERY hard. After playing it on, and off, for over a year, I did it!

The Dig A dream like atmosphere on an alien planet. I used to play all my games with headphones on, and the defuse synth sound track put me in an almost zen like state. Which was good because the puzzles required lots of out of the box thinking.

And of course the Space Quest series. IV is my favorite (CD-ROM version narrated by Gary Owens, of course!). I spent so much time in the Galaxy Galleria Mall, just trying to uncover all the jokes, and easter eggs.
    Last edited by retro nick; 06-24-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

To me a good adventure game is a like a good movie. Sometimes you just want to experience it again and sometimes you might even find something new.

Tough head to head puzzle games on the hardest level. Trying to 1cc Puyo Puyo 2 on Megadrive, or Money Idol Exchanger for MVS in solo mode.

Road Rash 3 on Genesis. Love it

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Recently having completed Panzer Dragoon Saga was quite a relaxing one. Also, I had a really chilled out day doing Ico in one sitting.

16 bit wise I'm struggling a bit, I find older games intrinsically more difficult somehow and have to 'psych up' to a degree in order to play them. If I had to pick one it would probably be the recently ported 2048, I've really enjoyed this one of late. Even more so because my wife (who likes these types of games) can't do it! Schadenfreude I know!

Thread Information