Quantcast

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 51

Thread: which genesis games NEED updating?

  1. #16
    Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,636
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    There was OutRun and Afterburner II on the PS2 in Japan called Sega Ages 2500

  2. #17
    Wildside Expert Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    id forgotten that actually. i have outrun 2006 on xbox but for some weird reason im finding it very difficult

  3. #18
    I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    42
    Posts
    13,313
    Rep Power
    130

    Default

    Outrun 2 and 2006 and XBLA are awesome dumbed down Daytona games with never ending tracks. The powerslide is super easy to pull off compared to Daytona, but the games can be a lot of fun thanks to the powerslide mainly. I prefer playing them over the originals now.
    "... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

    "We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

  4. #19
    The Shadow knows Road Rasher Allard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Samara, Russia
    Posts
    393
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Yeah, I'd like to see all those updated. A pity Sega has been wearing its pants on its head since 1995.

  5. #20
    Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,249
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Sega:
    A new Ristar could be cool. Might even have been the kind of game to actually work in the 3rd dimension, more so than Sonic.

    Alex Kidd would be interesting, if they had the balls.

    Comix Zone, but I can't see that not needing to be 2D.

    Kid Chameleon.

    Phantasy Star. Offline. Rieko Kodama involvement(probably with Alex Kidd as well).



    Non-Sega:
    Aleste(M.U.S.H.A.)
    Battletoads
    Commando/Mercs
    Lost Vikings
    Mutant League
    Psycho Fox/Decap Attack
    Road Rash/Skitchin'
    Rolling Thunder
    Strider
    Thunder Force(though I guess technically Sega made the last one?)
    Turrican
    Vectorman

  6. #21
    Wildside Expert Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheath View Post
    Outrun 2 and 2006 and XBLA are awesome dumbed down Daytona games with never ending tracks. The powerslide is super easy to pull off compared to Daytona, but the games can be a lot of fun thanks to the powerslide mainly. I prefer playing them over the originals now.
    yeah i love it but for some reason, even if i dont crash and i drift like im supposed to, the time still expires. nobody else seems to struggle though and im actually good at driving games usually.

  7. #22
    Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    73

    Genesis

    Personally I prefer that some old of these old video games (and movies) remain untouched.

    I like the old graphics of some of the older machines. Just because a title was popular back in the day does not mean that the rights holder needs to consider rebooting the series or remaking the game in HD (or transitioning the game from 2D to a 3D world. The games on the SMS, NES, SNES, Genesis, PC Engine, NEO GEO, Saturn, etc. all have a certain look that the onlooker can appreciate.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

  8. #23
    The Shadow knows Road Rasher Allard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Samara, Russia
    Posts
    393
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
    Sega:
    A new Ristar could be cool. Might even have been the kind of game to actually work in the 3rd dimension, more so than Sonic.

    Alex Kidd would be interesting, if they had the balls.

    Comix Zone, but I can't see that not needing to be 2D.

    Kid Chameleon.

    Phantasy Star. Offline. Rieko Kodama involvement(probably with Alex Kidd as well).



    Non-Sega:
    Aleste(M.U.S.H.A.)
    Battletoads
    Commando/Mercs
    Lost Vikings
    Mutant League
    Psycho Fox/Decap Attack
    Road Rash/Skitchin'
    Rolling Thunder
    Strider
    Thunder Force(though I guess technically Sega made the last one?)
    Turrican
    Vectorman
    Comix Zone could work in HD with 2D sprites. Look at games like Shank. Thankfully nowadays HD doesn't have to mean 3D.
    Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    Personally I prefer that some old of these old video games (and movies) remain untouched.

    I like the old graphics of some of the older machines. Just because a title was popular back in the day does not mean that the rights holder needs to consider rebooting the series or remaking the game in HD (or transitioning the game from 2D to a 3D world. The games on the SMS, NES, SNES, Genesis, PC Engine, NEO GEO, Saturn, etc. all have a certain look that the onlooker can appreciate.
    It's not like anyone's taking the old ones away. You never succeed if you don't try. And I'd prefer them to do something with those classics rather just rerelease those old versions again and again.

  9. #24
    Press Start Button... Death Adder's minion Genezis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    A new Eternal Champions would be great!

  10. #25
    Raging in the Streets
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,150
    Rep Power
    66

    Default

    I really want a new Road Rash.

    Not Sega but a new Destruction Derby too

  11. #26
    Sports Talker Spinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gogogadget View Post
    I really want a new Road Rash.

    Not Sega but a new Destruction Derby too
    yeah totally agree

  12. #27
    Ninetailed Noob Raging in the Streets KitsuneNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,323
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    none of them need an update
    sega has been whoring their 16 bit titles out for long enough now

    its time they start re releasing thei rmodel 1 model 2 model 3 and saturn games

    but that will never happen
    Kitsune in a hat

  13. #28
    Road Rasher
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    transport tycoon in 3d

  14. #29
    Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pennsyltucky
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
    Mutant League
    Road Rash
    EA is sitting on so many many great IPs that it either created or absorbed over the years. There were a few attempts at Road Rash but they were awful.

  15. #30
    I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    42
    Posts
    13,313
    Rep Power
    130

    Default

    Judging by the Need for Speed Hot Pursuit remake, they'd just take the latest Burnout build and put motorcycles in it instead. I would definitely not want to see that happen. I do wonder what a modern dev would do with something like Populous or The Immortal, or even Budoken though. The Immortal would probably be a Zelda/Assassin's Creed clone, and I guess Kengo Master of Bushido is about all we could hope for with Budoken.
    "... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

    "We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •