Quantcast

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Street Fighter 2 - new Z80 PCM sound driver project

I still want so bad to hear the real sound of Contra Hardcorps with a driver fix like this. This game has a custom sound driver that mix 3 or 4 PCM but the voice samples sound scratchy and out of tune. If you open the rom with a audio editor like Goldwave you can hear the real quality of the samples and are simply mindblow!
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Shadow of the Beast II - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2275/

Sunset Riders - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2287/

Turrican - Fixed:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2535/

So by patching street fighter with the newest version 7, it will have improved audio? Is there any more enhancements as of late?

Edit: after reading the forum, oh man, and seeing what’s been done to this “port”, we have Pyrons color fix and the audio “fix” which appears to be more proof of concept than an actual fix?

The color hack is excellent. I have yet to try the audio to hear. Btw running in overclock works fine
    Last edited by ironnick23; 08-15-2018 at 08:41 AM.

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ironnick23 View Post
    and the audio “fix” which appears to be more proof of concept than an actual fix?
    No, it's an actual fix to the audio engine in the form of a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    No, it's an actual fix to the audio engine in the form of a patch.
    Ah I see. And it’s for Championship Edition; not for super street fighter. I got a second arcade stick and have been playing s lot more recently

Quote Originally Posted by ironnick23 View Post
    Ah I see. And it’s for Championship Edition; not for super street fighter. I got a second arcade stick and have been playing s lot more recently
    There's a patch for both.

You know I have to say, after trying out the MSU-1 version of Street Fighter II Turbo that plays the original arcade songs on the SNES with the SD2SNES, it kind of gives this hack a run for its money (even though it's a still a great hack)

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
    You know I have to say, after trying out the MSU-1 version of Street Fighter II Turbo that plays the original arcade songs on the SNES with the SD2SNES, it kind of gives this hack a run for its money (even though it's a still a great hack)
    I havent tried it. Does it still have shortened/sped-up voices?

Quote Originally Posted by saturndual32 View Post
    I havent tried it. Does it still have shortened/sped-up voices?
    I didn't notice any shortened or sped-up voices. I did notice that in the DKC MSU-1 hacks though (sped-up voices and sound effects), so I gave up on those. Also one thing I will complain about is that the music is a somewhat too loud compared to the original SNES music because it was made to compensate for low volume MSU-1 sound before it was fixed in the 0.1.7e update. I do like that the arcade music from the MSU-1 doesn't stop playing throughout the fights, the volume just lowers quite a lot in between rounds, similar to Super Street Fighter II, just fyi.

Still a worthwhile hack if you have an SD2SNES though. I haven't tried out the MSU-1 hack of Super Street Fighter II yet but I will soon.

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
    I didn't notice any shortened or sped-up voices. I did notice that in the DKC MSU-1 hacks though (sped-up voices and sound effects), so I gave up on those. Also one thing I will complain about is that the music is a somewhat too loud compared to the original SNES music because it was made to compensate for low volume MSU-1 sound before it was fixed in the 0.1.7e update. I do like that the arcade music from the MSU-1 doesn't stop playing throughout the fights, the volume just lowers quite a lot in between rounds, similar to Super Street Fighter II, just fyi.

Still a worthwhile hack if you have an SD2SNES though. I haven't tried out the MSU-1 hack of Super Street Fighter II yet but I will soon.
    I take a look in some videos to confirm.. but like every msu1 hack that i tried it just changes the musics.. the sfx is the same..
    and yes.. is speed up / shortened like regular snes version..
    also it dosent fit well in the game because is too loud

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyron View Post
    I take a look in some videos to confirm.. but like every msu1 hack that i tried it just changes the musics.. the sfx is the same..
    and yes.. is speed up / shortened like regular snes version..
    also it dosent fit well in the game because is too loud

Oh I thought you were asking if the sound effects were different from the non-MSU1 SNES SFII Turbo.

Btw what's people's impressions of the GBA port of Super Street Fighter II vs. the Genesis version? I always thought it was a fantastic port. I've played it recently on my GB Player and DS lite with headphones and it sounds awesome imo. The downside is that two buttons are missing though.

Thread Information