Quantcast

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: List of new physical releases

All who missed Kromasphere on Kickstarter can order a copy now at Second Dimensions page: http://www.second-dimension.com/

Old Towers was released. While Megacatstudios own shop still hasn't it ready the german Dragonboxshop already send the games out. I'll await mine tomorrow.

Cool! it's a nice game, fantastic music!

Wildside Expert

The original post needs to be updated with Demons Of Asteborg...
    Jeff Nelson
    Video gaming since 1979

Quote Originally Posted by WaverBoy View Post
    The original post needs to be updated with Demons Of Asteborg...
    No it shouldn't as this game isn't released yet nor is it sure it will ever be.
    But there are other games released recently which should be added on the original post.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker nitelich's Avatar

I know it's buried in the middle of this thread, but I have been trying to keep my posting up to date. (Zebbe updated the first post in the thread with a snapshot of my post a few months back and has been maintaining that post separately.)

I just updated my post today with the past two months of updates. I do include anything I've heard of that's targeting a physical release, generally organized into released games, games that can be pre-ordered, and games that have only been announced (and haven't gone silent for an extended period of time). This update included Demons of Asteborg, 30 Years of Nintendon't's cartridge release, a few Mega Cat games that got Backerkit pre-orders via Phantom Gear, and announcements for Alice Sisters and Neutralizer III.
    Last edited by nitelich; 10-19-2019 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Ended up updating my post today.
    Managed memory, in my VDP? It's more likely than you think.
    Expand your ROM size with this one weird pointer dereference (Fonzie hates them).

Keeping the list of new physically released homebrew games up to date! ...And looking to buy a few I've missed.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    No it shouldn't as this game isn't released yet nor is it sure it will ever be.
    But there are other games released recently which should be added on the original post.
    Um, yes it most certainly should be added, to the upcoming section, as it’s an upcoming game...
    Jeff Nelson
    Video gaming since 1979

I updated the OP, but I didn't include released prototypes. I think they should be in a separate thread.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Metal Blast 2277, from the Russian dev SegaTim, is now shipping. He asked to pass the message here.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/223762219793
    Demo: http://romhacking.ru/load/0-0-1-301-20

Nameless One

Xenocrisis has also now been released.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training nemezes's Avatar

new future physical releases that I know:

- aratu brothers + shaolin carcará: will be published by play on retro (and others).
    - mega darkula: port of Darkula, original game by locomalito and gryzor87, will be published by play on retro, it was announced in retro sevilla. estimated to october 2020.
    more info about (spanish): http://www.retromaniac.es/2019/11/el...a-musculo.html

Master of Shinobi

Shouldn't Antarex and that world cup soccer game both from 1985alternativo be in the further out section?
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker nitelich's Avatar

Just made a bunch of updates to my post for November...

Quote Originally Posted by roce View Post
    Metal Blast 2277, from the Russian dev SegaTim, is now shipping. He asked to pass the message here.
    Cool! There's also Double Symbol from the same developer, also available through their eBay store.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Xenocrisis has also now been released.
    Just got my copy a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by nemezes View Post
    new future physical releases that I know:

- aratu brothers + shaolin carcará
    - mega darkula
    I didn't know that Play On Retro was releasing both of these. The news article you linked also mentions Space Madness and Operation Alexandria for the MD. I might just make a single listing for all four games until Play On Retro gives more info, since they look like they have around a dozen games coming in the next year (between ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, and MegaDrive)!

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Shouldn't Antarex and that world cup soccer game both from 1985alternativo be in the further out section?
    I'm leaving Antarex off, since the current demo's included in Mega Games Almanac, and I haven't heard any development news on it in years.

I know 1985 World Cup exists, but I don't know if they're planning on selling copies, especially that the demos have centered around their WiFi module as much as the game itself. If I can get some concrete news on that, I'll update the list.

I don't know if a cross-thread quote will work, but there's also Perlin and Pinpin from Lizardrive, which was mentioned in the other "New Games" thread. Their Twitter shows off prototypes of a cartridge version of the game.
    Last edited by nitelich; 11-24-2019 at 05:45 PM. Reason: "Lizardrive", not "Lizard drive"
    Managed memory, in my VDP? It's more likely than you think.
    Expand your ROM size with this one weird pointer dereference (Fonzie hates them).

Keeping the list of new physically released homebrew games up to date! ...And looking to buy a few I've missed.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training nemezes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nitelich View Post
    I didn't know that Play On Retro was releasing both of these. The news article you linked also mentions Space Madness and Operation Alexandria for the MD. I might just make a single listing for all four games until Play On Retro gives more info, since they look like they have around a dozen games coming in the next year (between ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, and MegaDrive)!
    mega darkula it is scheduled to october 2020, the main gameplay is almost done. (video here)
    another video of mega darkula:

about aratu brothers + shaolin carcará, the game is almost done, needs music and sounds effects and some end screens. you can download a demo here: https://nemezes.itch.io/aratu-brothers. (big video preview)

I did not mention space madness because it will be done from scratch again, the first prototype was just a test. (prototype video)

operation alexandria will take some time to be done.
    Last edited by nemezes; 11-25-2019 at 10:01 AM.

One thing about the games from Z-Team. I wrote them in early october to claim my game after supporting them on Patreon for 10 months. They replied once but since then they remained silent. No replies on further mails or on the Patreon campain itself. No shipping confirmation or game either. I will wait until the end of the year and if nothing happens I will quit my support.

Edit: After waiting weeks for a reply I finally got one just hours after I posted here. Lets see how this will turn out. I'll keep you all informed.
    Last edited by Raistlin; 11-27-2019 at 01:50 AM.

Thread Information