Quantcast

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: List of new physical releases

Quote Originally Posted by pikointeractive View Post
    Chris Huelsbeck did it back in the day =D.
    Great!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training agusSoulReaver's Avatar

Thanks a lot for mention Project Genesis. We were working hard and now we're close to have a demo ready.
    Here is a new sneak peek:
    16 Bits Forever, Forever, Forever...

Also you have listed that the MegaCat version of Le Abbaye des Morts includes additional modes including the original Genesis game? Far as I know and can see from the description, it is the exact same version of the game as originally released by Play on Retro. The original release has the other graphic modes as well with the C-64 version being one of the more interesting modes to play given the simulated SID music that version also has.

Also it appears that Tanzer is available from MegaCat also.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker nitelich's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agusSoulReaver View Post
    Thanks a lot for mention Project Genesis.
    It looks really good! This game needs its own thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    Also you have listed that the MegaCat version of Le Abbaye des Morts includes additional modes including the original Genesis game? [...] Also it appears that Tanzer is available from MegaCat also.
    I didn't even realize Abbaye had different modes depending on the version! I have both versions and played through each, and now I feel really silly for not noticing (I did check my carts to confirm). So, I will update that.

Yup MegaCat is publishing Tanzer, and I literally just got e-mail confirmation from them that they are actively working on shipping out the Kickstarter copies. They also just (officially) announced Lethal Wedding.
    Last edited by nitelich; 03-21-2019 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Yes, I checked the Abbaye carts. :)
    Managed memory, in my VDP? It's more likely than you think.
    Expand your ROM size with this one weird pointer dereference (Fonzie hates them).

Keeping the list of new physically released homebrew games up to date! ...And looking to buy a few I've missed.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

Thanks a lot for mention Project Genesis. We were working hard and now we're close to have a demo ready.
    Looks good!

Random thoughts:
    • I don't like the firing animation. It looks significantly worse than the other animations to me. It looks like his arm comes directly out of his torso. I'd expect his arm to be extended, similarly to his running animation.
    • The "hurt" frame looks good, but I thought his limbs might look a tiny bit too short.
    • This might be a bad idea, but I was wondering if swapping his first and second jump animation could be nice (ie: rolling only for the double jump). Just a random thought that passed through my mind as I thought seeing the rolling jump all the time might get a little tiring.

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

The art looks really top-notch and everything has a ton of personality. I'm definitely gonna be watching this.

If I may make a suggestion: it looks like there's a wall jump, but it also looks like it can only be used on special pieces of wall segments. Can it be allowed on all walls, without the need for a special segment to limit its usage? Sonic Unleashed (weird game to bring up, I know) introduced a wall jump with that kind of flexibility, and it was way funner to use as a result in comparison to Sonic Generations, where it was limited to specially marked walls similar to what you have. Shinobi 3 also lets you use the wall jump anywhere there's a wall, and I always have a blast seeing just how much I can do with it, even in places where you're not really meant to use it. I love to see that kind of freedom in a game mechanic.

At any rate, this is looking really cool. I also love run 'n guns, so seeing a shooting element makes me happy. Congratulations on what you have so far, and keep it up!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Scrobins09's Avatar

Question about the I Heart Pizza series: are they only going to be available in their arcade in Fort Wayne? Or do they plan to also publish their games for purchase?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker nitelich's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scrobins09 View Post
    Question about the I Heart Pizza series: are they only going to be available in their arcade in Fort Wayne? Or do they plan to also publish their games for purchase?
    I don't know if they post here, but they are pretty active on Twitter if you want to ask them directly. From what I remember, they haven't laid out their release plans yet, but a few tweets suggest that you'll be able to buy games (and pizza) even if you can't go to the arcade itself.
    Managed memory, in my VDP? It's more likely than you think.
    Expand your ROM size with this one weird pointer dereference (Fonzie hates them).

Keeping the list of new physically released homebrew games up to date! ...And looking to buy a few I've missed.

Very nice color scheme and animations, reminds Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman Zero for Super Famicom, waiting for more videos of your progress!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Vetea's Avatar

Genesis

Hi all,

Soon for your Megadrive/Genesis

Cheers,
    Vetea

WCPO Agent

Maybe Shinobi is worth a little mention ? The game is still WIP, (and presently the dev is stopped because of hardware problems, but it should resume soon, and a playable demo is to come soon after) :

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x74nruq

I'm very excited for new Shinobi updates!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

I just tried the demo, this game looks amazing!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Lethal Wedding demo is now available:
    https://megacatstudios.com/collectio...l-wedding-demo

Full release soon (tm).

The jumping feels wrong. I would suggest delaying the vertical scrolling when jumping or falling, so that every little jump doesn't shake the screen around. Or that weird effect when the character is at the bottom of the map and the screen, then jumps back to its central position. And to allow the player to keep seeing that lower platform they try to jump to. At least something to playtest.

Thread Information