Quantcast

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elysian Shadows (Dreamcast) Kickstarter

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fruitsofherwomb View Post
    According to them their 'Engine' is finished but they are really low on artists. We did a podcast with them yesterday, should be posted later today. They are pretty interesting dudes but I can see why some people would dislike their cursing, but then again it is who they are. I would hate for them to sell me a product and be totally fake.
    True but sometimes if we want to be successful in a business venture we have to put Professionalism at the forefront of what we do, so it's a big no no to swearing

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

I've forwarded some of the points you guys made about the game to Falco. Let's hope he adresses some of your concerns soon-ish as I feel those I forwarded are rather valid indeed and might keep others from contributing to the Kickstarter.
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

I think they need to get the accountant in on that "THE MENTOR" tier.

5 x $5,000 for an all expenses paid week teaching you anything from intermediate to advance C++ game engine architecture, etc.

$25,000 of the overall budget on this tier?!? If you got 5 folk from the UK you'd be talking $800 for the flight alone!

They're at 86.000 now. I really really hope they'll make it. This project is among the most important Dreamcast games in the works at the moment.

And yeah, they got a new pixel artist who joined the team just a few week prior the Kickstarter:

The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Christuserloeser, will the development team be re-designing the sprites? Currently the sprites look quite quite bland and lack any kind of originality.

Also have they formulated a basic plot or story? After watching the Youtube videos, it appears that the team have been busy working on improving the game engine but we have yet to hear anything about the basic premise of the game or anything about the characters. Since it`s a RPG, the Kickstarter should provide a basic outline of the story instead of pitching the game`s mechanics. Most investors could care less that the game is attempting to fuse a 2D world with 3D. Personally, I would like to know that Elysian Shadows has an engaging story. It would also be good to provide some information about the game`s intended length.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Christuserloeser View Post
    I've forwarded some of the points you guys made about the game to Falco. Let's hope he adresses some of your concerns soon-ish as I feel those I forwarded are rather valid indeed and might keep others from contributing to the Kickstarter.
    I hope my comments are not taken the wrong way. They were poorly received on the Kickstarter.

I often feel like I have to support something like this, even if I'm not super blown away, which I wasn't. The music sounded pretty decent, but let's face facts; if you get the Dreamcast version, you will not be getting the various fixes and patches and so forth that are all but inevitable.

I love buying new games for my beloved Dreamcast... but I'm less fond of buying version 1.5.
    "Two and two continue to make four, in spite of the whine of the amateur for three, or the cry of the critic for five." - James McNeill Whistler

Dc

FYI: Livesteam with developer

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

Time for me to plug a little self-advertisement.

I am an editor for German website neXGam and the ES team was nice enough to do an interview. They did not dodge questions, and for English readers I also put in the original English interview on pages 3 and 4. Enjoy!

http://www.nexgam.de/Dreamcast-Linux...ew.html#sheet3
    Last edited by 108 Stars; 08-11-2014 at 12:25 PM.

Whoa

They're releasing the game's engine and editors with the game!

This latest news gave them a bit of a bump today in total sales, garnering around $8000 to $9000. With a little less than 2 weeks to go, they need to go on the offensive and focus exclusively on marketing. If their up to the challenge they should take the time to visit the retro forums, converse with members, and get some feedback. Doing basic things like that creates a bit of a buzz and gets people interested.

Dc

Ut looks like they've succeeded in funding the project and we get another reason to fire up the ol' Dreamcast. So far they've raised $153,032 with 7 more days to go! Quite an accomplishment considering that their was a brief lull in funding during the second week of the Kickstarter!

Dc

Ummm ... does anyone remember this project that was to be published by Watermelon games? I thought this project was dead. The last piece of information I read was that they lost key members and that had a new team to resume work on the game. And today I discovered the following video:

If anyone was a backer of the project, I hope that this will allay your fears! I was actually worried that this became vaporware!

In any case, they are now posting updates on their Facebook page: which can be found here:
    https://www.facebook.com/elysianshadows

Cheers!

I backed this project on Kickstarter, but there has been no update there since February 1st... last year! However, I saw a video announcement about a video update (yeah, an announcement about an update, can it be more meta than that?). I think it's extremely unprofessional to not communicate to the people who funded the project first. How hard can it be to write a few lines where you tell what you've been doing last month, every month? That's a quarter of an hour's work, tops.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Framemeister Expert Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Tower of Power's Avatar

Judging from their Facebook page, it seems they shifted their time towards making a Dreamcast SDK?

Thread Information