Quantcast

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Mega Man X & Sega Genesis

I've tested here and the TiagoSC work are awesome. He is in the right way, but ofc some things must be fixed and tunned to be accurate to the original,
    i think that's he's already is working on it..

for now i think that's a good step is fix the gameplay, its the most important subject on the game and had some problems, in special in colisions, damage and etc..

but the overall result make just by one guy looking at the game is phenomenal, keep going with the good work Tiago

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

I sincerely hope TiagoSC will eventually do the full game, no matter how much time he takes to finish it.

The prospect of having a faithful and fully working Mega Drive version of Megaman X is definitely one of the best things that could happen to the console.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

AKA Mister Xiado WCPO Agent Raijin Z's Avatar

And it will give people more reason to continue hating Capcom, which is something I stand fully behind, armed to the teeth.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One retronostalgia's Avatar

I finally had the time to play through all three stages and did so, here is my feedback:

1. I'm not surprised that the way that text boxes are presented on the SNES was too difficult to implement on the Genesis; the alternate method that TiagoSC is using looks great though, and I know that crossplatform titles back then often had similar differences between platforms.

2. The brightness changes on the intro stage are a lot harsher with the Mega Drive's limited pallette!

3. Others have mentioned the higher difficulty and I agree.. furthermore, some of the actual *behavior* seems different too, like how the spiked wheels fall over and slide when hit.

4. The fade-to-white when defeating Chill Penguin looks perfect... *except* for the entry airlock, which stays its normal gray color the whole time. I'm guessing it's drawn differently than the rest of the graphics?

5. I didn't manage to make it up to the part of Armored Armadillo's stage where the Hadouken is hidden, so I don't know if that's been implemented yet, but everything else looked great.

I continue to be blown away by the high quality of this port, looking forward to more!

Quote Originally Posted by retronostalgia View Post
    5. I didn't manage to make it up to the part of Armored Armadillo's stage where the Hadouken is hidden, so I don't know if that's been implemented yet, but everything else looked great.
    I managed to reach it and it doesn't seem to be there.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

Don't you need to get all the powerups in the entire game for it to be there anyway?
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Also full health, full energy tanks, and IIRC, you have to do it repeatedly.
    Youtube - Terminated

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One retronostalgia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    Also full health, full energy tanks, and IIRC, you have to do it repeatedly.
    Yes, so even if I *had* made it there and didn't see it, it wouldn't be conclusive... but since the pause menu hasn't been implemented yet and Megaman has a different set of upgrades in each of the test ROMs, I was still curious.

By the way, I realized that I've been listening to GeckoYamori/SavagedRegime's Genesis covers of the soundtrack so much that *they* are now what I associate with the game, not the original SNES versions...

Yeah, he's the reason why I started noticing how bad most SNES music was. Only a few outliers were able to make that machine sing, but anyone who was decent with a Yamaha keyboard could do that with the Genesis/MD. Alas, too many took the easy route.
    Youtube - Terminated

Thread Information