Quantcast

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Man X & Sega Genesis

Default Mega Man X & Sega Genesis

Although i'm not a big fan of Mega Man ( at least not of it's NES versions ), listening the covers that our man Raijin made of the MegaMan X games made me realize that those games would fit perfectly on the Genesis.

Do any of you guys know if Capcom ever considered releasing an X game for the Genesis ( despite being on Nintendo's leash during most of the 16-bit days )?
    Has anyone tried( or considered ) to port one of those games to the Genesis?

Anyway, here's the awesome Storm Eagle cover made by Raijin:

The original:

Quote Originally Posted by Bottino View Post
    Has anyone tried( or considered ) to port one of those games to the Genesis?
    YES!!!

Last edited by LinkueiBR; 09-10-2014 at 01:34 AM.

I think it would be quite difficult, and doesn't worth it. What's the point, just playing MMX on genesis?

The x3 bootleg has pretty fathful grapihics, too bad it sounds and plays like shit.
    Last edited by Vludi; 09-10-2014 at 01:48 AM.

I took a screenshot of Megaman X and converted to 9bits 60 colors

Megaman X for Sega Genesis
    Last edited by LinkueiBR; 09-10-2014 at 02:32 AM.

So's your old man! Raging in the Streets zetastrike's Avatar

If Capcom were willing to invest the resources into properly making a MMX game for the MD, then yes I would've loved for them to do it. That was never going to happen. The Wily Wars is a pretty good indicator of the regard they had for the MD. Any MMX game the MD got would have been a total copy paste port of the SNES game.

Looking at the games from a graphical, musical, and gameplay standpoint, they were meant for the MD, but alas. Capcom was buried up nintendo's ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon
    Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.
    My Collection: http://vgcollect.com/zetastrike

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by zetastrike View Post
    If Capcom were willing to invest the resources into properly making a MMX game for the MD, then yes I would've loved for them to do it. That was never going to happen. The Wily Wars is a pretty good indicator of the regard they had for the MD. Any MMX game the MD got would have been a total copy paste port of the SNES game.

Looking at the games from a graphical, musical, and gameplay standpoint, they were meant for the MD, but alas. Capcom was buried up nintendo's ass.
    I think that's semi true, as they supported the Saturn and dreamcast well, I would say it was more that Capcom didn't see the MD/GEN as it was 3rd in japan

Their support for consoles that aren't strong in japan is always poor, except maybe the last generation. Just look at the N64 and the original Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by LinkueiBR View Post
    I took a screenshot of Megaman X and converted to 9bits 60 colors

Megaman X for Sega Genesis
    Impressive

Off topic: You could do the same on a Donkey Kong Country screen?

Ahhh that piece of crap pirated Megaman... no wonder why i completely forgot about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zetastrike View Post

It's good to see that someone got the point of the thread

Regarding the "X" games, i picture a Genesis version with some cool parallax effects, more enemies on screen, perhaps a little faster gameplay... or maybe a Sega CD port, in the same vein of the Megaman X3 ports for the Saturn & PSX, with some anime cutscenes, a revamped soundtrack with maybe some exclusive content. Hell, if Capcom didn't wanted to bother, they could have let Sega handle the ports, like they did with Strider, Final Fight etc.

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

Optimized to the consoles fullest potential, I don't know if the series' fans would be able to handle a Genesis exclusive Mega Man .

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

The game would have been way better as a genesis game (the gameplay, colours and music just fit the genesis perfectly).

But yeah, nintendo and capcom were butt buddies back then.
    This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

Quote Originally Posted by EPSYLON EAGLE View Post
    Impressive

Off topic: You could do the same on a Donkey Kong Country screen?
    DKC would not be very good since it pushes the potential of the maximum SNES colors (256 colors) and uses a lot of soft colors.

A Quick conversion to the genny palette
    Last edited by LinkueiBR; 09-11-2014 at 12:11 AM.

I don't know what's with the obsession that people have with DKC; it looks like ass. There are much better looking games for the Genesis or SNES.

Anyway, here's another great cover by Raijin:

The original:

Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
    Optimized to the consoles fullest potential, I don't know if the series' fans would be able to handle a Genesis exclusive Mega Man .
    On the Genesis version, Mega Man would have an exclusive new weapon called 'Blast Processor', that would speed up the game to the max and would probably induce seizures on SNES fanboys

not a real fan Raging in the Streets old man's Avatar

The Phantasy Star games would have been better on the SNES IMO.

Seriously, though, is it really so hard for you guys to enjoy both systems?

Outrunner

Mega Man X on the Genesis would've basically been Pulseman, right? >_>
    It may no longer be the `90s, but there is still time for Klax.

Thread Information