Quantcast

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Star Wars Unreleased SEGA Genesis/SEGA CD Port

Sega CD Super Star Wars SEGA CD Unreleased+Indy Greatest Adventures

I have never seen anyone discuss about this Unreleased game, and i wonder, does anyone have explanations or even some prototype for this?
    Some Magazines said it was a port for Genesis and others to the SEGA CD.

Any explanation of some person who worked on this conversion would be welcome!

EDIT (11/09/2015):

I forgot to inform on this thread that beyond the cancelled SEGA GENESIS/CD port, There is also a half unknown cancelled version for the MS-DOS in 1996!

The game plays more fluid than the SNES version and ALL the graphics are remade (looks the same artist of Turrican 2 DOS).
    The single real difference, is the last stage that is in 3rd person than the original cockpit view.
    A shame to have been canceled

Interesting to notice how a Super Star Wars Soundtrack would sound on the GENESIS since this MS DOS version MUSIC was made on the ADLIB Sound Card, a quite similar to the YM2612 Sound Chip.

Check it out:

Sounds like Genesis

More info from the developer about this cancelled game:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200806252...games:starwars
    Last edited by LinkueiBR; 11-09-2015 at 12:04 AM.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

It doesn't say Super Star Wars, though, just Star Wars. Those don't look like Super Star Wars shots either, though it's hard to tell. It also mentions Sega Interactive, which was the developer of Eternal Champions and the 8-bit conversion of Sonic Spinball. Maybe a port of the SMS/GG Star Wars? Either that or a unique game.

I wonder if there's a date on these (as in, what issue date of the magazine that they're from, did they come out of). If it's 1994, the explanation becomes obvious: it was a casualty of the 32X. Sega Interactive did the 32X port of Star Wars Arcade.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    It doesn't say Super Star Wars, though, just Star Wars. Those don't look like Super Star Wars shots either, though it's hard to tell. It also mentions Sega Interactive, which was the developer of Eternal Champions and the 8-bit conversion of Sonic Spinball. Maybe a port of the SMS/GG Star Wars? Either that or a unique game.

I wonder if there's a date on these (as in, what issue date of the magazine that they're from, did they come out of). If it's 1994, the explanation becomes obvious: it was a casualty of the 32X. Sega Interactive did the 32X port of Star Wars Arcade.
    it is super in some form look at the jumping luke sprite, I quite sure he doesn't spin like that in the 8 bit versions

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

Most likely it would have been a CD game, Sega would have totally slapped some FMV footage in there from the movie.

Raging in the Streets mrbigreddog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Most likely it would have been a CD game, Sega would have totally slapped some FMV footage in there from the movie.
    Why is it that I really want to see that!? For some reason seeing Star Wars in the Sega CD style (limited color) FMV sounds wonderful!

But the game!! OH MY! Do I EVER want to play this Star Wars game!

Google Translation of images

More surprising still in the last room of the offices could discover a screen or turning the first sequences of Star Wars Mega-CD. Including images of the film, Star Wars promises to be one of the best gaming platforms of the year.

Yup, you are not dreaming: Star Wars is in anticipation Sega Interactive, and Mega-CD please. Right, the first level; the Desert.

Star Wars; force is stronger than you.

Star Wars, vacations at the beach.
    Last edited by mrbigreddog; 09-10-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Super Star Wars Trilogy is without doubt my favorites SNES games (Super Empire rules)!!!
    Discovered this franchise with these games, and when i play these games, nostalgia factor with the quality of these games, blows my mind! Would be amazing for them to see a game of this quality running on SEGA CD!!!

About the scans... it is Super Star Wars but seems to have redrawn sprites and more frames (visible on Luke Jump Sprites)
    I take these screenshots of the original game to compare with the scans:

Last edited by LinkueiBR; 09-10-2014 at 11:16 PM.

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrbigreddog View Post
    Why is it that I really want to see that!?
    Oh I agree, just like Terminator it would be awesome to have a movie game where the FMV actually leads in (outs) the level.
    Would have worked quite well with Super Star Wars, shame they never made them.. maybe the license was too restrictive?
    I mean, Terminator differed in the regions, EU had original voices while US version only had Terminator music.

Maybe Star Wars proved too annoying in a legal way?

this stuff remember me the canceled port of indiana jones from snes that is already done and reviewed.

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Master of Shinobi

Indy, that's the holy grail. Complete, reviewed by many magazines around the world and yet is lost to the mists of time. Very strange....Almost as strange as why it wasn't released in the first place. It should have sold a decent amount with little trouble.

These LucasArts games were a big reason I basically gave up on the Genesis, and was just buying SNES games.

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

Did LucasArts release any of its big SNES titles on the Genesis? I always figured they were just super buds with Nintendo. If SNES CD had been released as promised, and promised, and advertised, and spammed, I doubt Sega CD would have gotten Rebel Assault or Star Wars Chess.
    "... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

"We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

Master of Shinobi

Zombies ate my Neighbors is the only one I can think of.

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

Star Wars for Master System, released in 1993:

Super Return of the Jedi for Game Gear (1995):

Last edited by retrospiel; 09-12-2014 at 08:07 PM.
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyron View Post
    this stuff remember me the canceled port of indiana jones from snes that is already done and reviewed.
    Yes, Indy greatest adventures would be fantastic on the Genesis !!!

Thankfully was the own Factor 5 who did this conversion and the US Gold would only release it. We have to remember, games of indy made ​​by Tiertex for U.S. Gold sucks!!!

I love to see one day, the work done by Chris Huelsbeck for this conversion!!!
    Last edited by LinkueiBR; 09-12-2014 at 11:07 PM.

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

^ I agree but did you really have to quote the entire post including all its pictures ?
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Thread Information