Quantcast

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Super Star Wars Unreleased SEGA Genesis/SEGA CD Port

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGenesis View Post
    Is this a joke because I'm not sure whether you're being serious or just trying to say you don't know who made this mysterious port.
    A. Do you really thinK we all keep records of developers by name and their business/personal email addresses?

B. If we did have their email do you not think we'd have already emailed them regarding this.
    Last edited by matteus; 09-28-2016 at 06:49 AM.

Is this a joke because I'm not sure whether you're being serious or just trying to say you don't know who made this mysterious port.
    To find a copy of the game you'll probably have to do the detective work yourself, it won't be easy.

Acquiring that game will likely require you to:

- Do a lot of detective work.
    - Get extremely lucky and actually find the guy(s) involved.
    - Find that the person is still alive, can still be contacted and isn't too busy to talk to you.
    - Convince that person to rummage through their garage/attic/basement/mother's house and find the game on a floppy disk somewhere.
    - Be lucky enough that data can still be read from the disk.
    - Then you have to hope that what's found is playable (it might have gone only slightly beyond a few design docs and mockup pictures).

I'm not trying to put you off, I love a good little detective job, and it would be cool to have another proto found. But if you think that its as simple as going on a forum and asking: "Who do I email?" Then I think its unlikely that you'll find a copy of the game. If however you do decide to put the work in to finding it, then I wish you luck.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    To find a copy of the game you'll probably have to do the detective work yourself, it won't be easy.

- Find that the person is still alive, can still be contacted and isn't too busy to talk to you.
    - Convince that person to rummage through their garage/attic/basement/mother's house and find the game on a floppy disk somewhere.
    - Then you have to hope that what's found is playable (it might have gone only slightly beyond a few design docs and mockup pictures).

I'm not trying to put you off, I love a good little detective job, and it would be cool to have another proto found. But if you think that its as simple as going on a forum and asking: "Who do I email?" Then I think its unlikely that you'll find a copy of the game. If however you do decide to put the work in to finding it, then I wish you luck.
    Fairplay! My sarcasm wasn't very constructive!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    A. Do you really thinK we all keep records of developers by name and their business/personal email addresses?

B. If we did have their email do you not think we'd have already emailed them regarding this.
    Good point. I'm not the smartest person you know, as I did drop out of school back in 1979.

I will try.

Do you think that some of the developers of Star Wars Arcade might've worked on this game as well because I think I might try to email some of those guys.

This isn't like London After Midnight, it's safe to assume the developers are still alive.

Why would it be on a floppy disk.

Not to get off topic, but this reminds me of the Commodore 64 (they should've made more cartridge games for that system).

I read in a news article that the Genesis version was almost finished, so I'd assume it was playable.

I understand completely, as there are several missing items of history that I'd like to see discovered, such as London After Midnight, The Terror, the color versions of the Flip The Frog shorts, Super Mario 64 2, Mario Takes America, the list goes on. Sadly, it is a pain to find these items, even when there seems to be more than one copy in existence.

Do you think that some of the developers of Star Wars Arcade might've worked on this game as well because I think I might try to email some of those guys.
    It might be, since the 32X version of Star Wars Arcade was done by Sega Interactive which is assumed to be the developer of this cancelled port of Super Star Wars.

You don't have much a choice of where to start if you really want to do some research, so what I'll do is check out all the games done by Sega Interactive (especially those circa 1993) and get the staff from them, mostly regarding the programmers which are the ones more bound to keep possible builds, see if some of the staff have been involved in more than one project and then try to look for some contact form. Chances are that maybe one or more of them could have been involved in developing Super Star Wars.

Here, check their games and their staff credits. They are all credited in the games listed in this source: http://segaretro.org/Sega_Interactive

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
    It might be, since the 32X version of Star Wars Arcade was done by Sega Interactive which is assumed to be the developer of this cancelled port of Super Star Wars.

You don't have much a choice of where to start if you really want to do some research, so what I'll do is check out all the games done by Sega Interactive (especially those circa 1993) and get the staff from them, mostly regarding the programmers which are the ones more bound to keep possible builds, see if some of the staff have been involved in more than one project and then try to look for some contact form. Chances are that maybe one or more of them could have been involved in developing Super Star Wars.

Here, check their games and their staff credits. They are all credited in the games listed in this source: http://segaretro.org/Sega_Interactive
    The developer of the game seems to be somewhat of a mystery as although you say it's SEGA interactive, I was reading a magazine article that said it was LucasArts and Sculptured Designs. I do think that even if it was made by LucasArts, it's still possible that one of the developers of Star Wars Arcade knows something about it.

You guys know who I'd email to possibly get a ROM/ISO leak of this game, I'd really love to see whether or not Genesis does what Nintendon't when it comes to Star Wars
    I'm sorry for taking so long to answer you, but i can only log now

Well, you can contact Kalani Streitcher, the Producer of the Super Trilogy and Indy Greatest Adventures. He probably know any interesting info about this lost version. https://www.facebook.com/kalani.streicher

Jon Knoles, the graphics designer: https://www.facebook.com/jon.knoles?fref=ts

good luck!
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Shadow of the Beast II - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2275/

Sunset Riders - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2287/

Turrican - Fixed:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2535/

Quote Originally Posted by LinkueiBR View Post
    I'm sorry for taking so long to answer you, but i can only log now

Well, you can contact Kalani Streitcher, the Producer of the Super Trilogy and Indy Greatest Adventures. He probably know any interesting info about this lost version. https://www.facebook.com/kalani.streicher

Jon Knoles, the graphics designer: https://www.facebook.com/jon.knoles?fref=ts

good luck!
    Thanks man, I just contacted Kalani through his gmail at kalani.streicher@gmail.com. I sure hope he replies.

The developer of the game seems to be somewhat of a mystery as although you say it's SEGA interactive, I was reading a magazine article that said it was LucasArts and Sculptured Designs. I do think that even if it was made by LucasArts, it's still possible that one of the developers of Star Wars Arcade knows something about it.
    Sculptured Design developed the SNES version. I don't think they did anything regarding a Mega Drive or Mega-CD version, I prefer to trust this source which mentions the developer was Sega Interactive.

I'm sure they had a reason to mention them as developer (also notice that development tool screen with animation frames, something unusual to show unless the developer itself handed it out) so I assume that info is more accurate than simply assuming it was developed by the same company than the SNES version.

Some time after this (circa 1993), Sega Interactive did the 32X version of Star Wars Arcade which was released in late 1994 as a launch 32X game. Maybe it was simply a coincidence or there was really a relation between the scrapped Super Star Wars conversion and the Sega arcade game conversion.

Rise from your Grave!

Recently im testing some Star Wars 32x Prototypes. One of those protos has a music test and theres a lot of Star Wars songs that never heard in the final game... does it come from the lost Super Star Wars MD!?

I see some interviews with Sega Interactive members, but they never mention or are asked about the lost Super Star Wars port unfortunately...
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Shadow of the Beast II - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2275/

Sunset Riders - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2287/

Turrican - Fixed:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2535/

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert StuOhQ's Avatar

I'd love to play it if there is a ROM out there. I really enjoyed Super Empire Strikes Back as a kid and recently rebought it for the SNES.

Retro Tech Select - YouTube channel covering throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."
    Newest Video: More than Just a Genesis? Analogue Mega SG Review

Thread Information