Quantcast

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Sonic X-Treme Unearthed

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    I have always wanted a 2D Sonic sidescroller that looks animated. Like how Cuphead looks but with the style of SEGA CD cutscenes animation.
    Sonic Robo Blast is a 3D game with animation style artwork and traditional style of the early Genesis games, but in 3D.

You might like it.

1999.png

It plays great because no bottomless pits like the real 3D games. And the drawn art-style is nice.

Apparently it was built on a Doom engine IIRC.

I know you said 2D but this game does have a better 3D experience than the real games, and a dope hand-drawn art style.

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    Why bother porting Sonic CD over to a new system like the Saturn? It would of been better to have delayed Sonic 3 and made that a Saturn launch title, could of had massively improved graphics and sound and we could of bought the game on one CD instead of across 2 carts. Frankly imo Sonic CD wasn't that great of a game and Sonic 3 and Knuckles is way better.
    Becasue so many people didn't have a Mega CD and very few played Sonic CD compared to the Mega Drive series. SONIC CD was made with CD storage in mind and would have been a really nice simple quick fix. Just slightly improved Gfx with more colour and sprite effects, the same music, 60 fps bonus section will full scaling and all the Fmv full screen and much better quality. It would have been nice game to have at launch of the Saturn in the US and Pal.

No way was SEGA going to delay Sonic 3 until 1995.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

Sega CD needed a sonic game. Saturn needed Sonic CD 2. 32X shouldn’t exist.

They could’ve called sonic on Saturn “Sonic S” or perhaps Sonic CD 2X in reference to the saturns 2X speed drive lol

Even in an age of 3D hype, I think a really GOOD 2D sonic that took advantage of the saturns capabilities would’ve sold pretty well... would’ve made an ideal pack-in game... also a more robust co-op mode with sonic and tails would be cool...

Also the 3 free games deal was weird.. why include Virtua Cop and not include a gun? Who wants a light gun game without a gun?!?

(formerly known as 5233) Master of Shinobi Jeckidy's Avatar

Even in an age of 3D hype, I think a really GOOD 2D sonic that took advantage of the saturns capabilities would’ve sold pretty well... would’ve made an ideal pack-in game... also a more robust co-op mode with sonic and tails would be cool...
    True, but not everything had to be about Sonic. Virtua Fighter 1 and 2 were actually great pack-in games, even if most people tend to overlook the series when compared to other well-known fighters.

Also the 3 free games deal was weird.. why include Virtua Cop and not include a gun? Who wants a light gun game without a gun?!?
    Believe it or not, I got really good with using the d-pad to move the cursor in Virtua Cop, enough so that I successfully finished the game with the pad several times. I never had the gun, which is useless now that CRTs are disappearing and light guns don't work on HDs.

AH BOB SAGET! Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi SegataS's Avatar

If SEGA made a hybrid 2D/3D game like SOTN It might have done better than straight up 2D. As a launch game instead of maybe Clockwork Knight.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Thread Information