Quantcast

Thread: Kolibri cover art used in beta version of Trespasser for PC

Default Kolibri cover art used in beta version of Trespasser for PC

Found a slightly modified version of the Kolibri cover art in the beta version of Trespasser for PC.

Source: My topic at TresCom forums
    http://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=10732
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh, that's hilarious. Pardon my ignorance, but were they the same developer, or did someone just happen to have a tiny scan of the Kolibri art hanging around?

Got some better images; the used texture, an in-game screenshot and the painting selected in the TresEd level editor. Remember that it's only used in the beta version of the game and not found in the final release. There's nothing special about its removal though, as lots was changed/removed to make the game more stable and run faster. The painting can be found hanging in the bathroom of the cafe in the Town level.

According to a friend of mine at the TresCom forums, the painting in the cafe was done by Trespasser developer Marta Reco. When she was in contact with him, she told him she made a painting that was going to or was used in another game. She is supposed to have a different last name now, and he is no longer in contact with her.

I love trivial stuff like this, so I'd love to know who really made this and why it was planned to be used in a bathroom (!) in Trespasser...

Edit: Kolibri was released in '95. This Trespasser beta is from '98 I think...
    Edit: Added comparison image.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GelmiR; 12-04-2014 at 07:31 AM. Reason: added comparison image

Sports Talker

Thanks, but I'm not registered there...

Thread Information